GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM covering the story now on HLN. Gary Arnold on the phone with Jane. Cold and snow coming to the area that might hamper further searches. Two people may have seen her that morning at 6:30 and 6:40. Sherry usually ran for a half hour. Sherry has had surgery for cancer in her foot. JVM tells Gary that he is very brave to remain so level-headed at this time.

I don't know if it means anything, but was the cancer surgery on the same foot (right or left) as the shoe that was found?
Maybe she was adjusting it, etc., like others have posted.

her poster now added to fbi website

Missing Sidney teacher, Sherry Arnold, 43, has officially been added to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's missing persons list. The FBI has posted a missing persons poster on FBI.gov. The poster has a photo of Sherry Arnold with a full description of her.

"We're hoping that poster reaches folks beyond and outside of Montana," explains FBI spokesperson Deborah Bertram. "It keeps her face and her name out there in the media and in the spotlight. Hopefully somebody can recognize her and call us with some information."

http://www.ktvq.com/news/missing-sidney-woman-posted-to-fbi-s-missing-persons-list/

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

I am a bit confused by the seemingly different accounts of her athletic regime. Some accounts seem to make her a very serious regular runner and that she has been that way most of her life. Her husband makes it sound like she was not really a regular runner though. I know that seems like an ultra teensy detail that is really a matter of perspective, but it is bugging me. A lot.

I am a bit confused by the seemingly different accounts of her athletic regime. Some accounts seem to make her a very serious regular runner and that she has been that way most of her life. Her husband makes it sound like she was not really a regular runner though. I know that seems like an ultra teensy detail that is really a matter of perspective, but it is bugging me. A lot.

If she had cancer in her foot it might have slowed her down some?

Was he (husband) out exercising, too?

Supposedly he was out taking a walk. At least this is what he told JVM. When she asked him if he was home when Sherry set out for her run, that's when he laughed (at the irony of it, I guess--or else that old nervous laugh) and said he was not. Then when he came home he knew she had left because of the droplets in the sink where she had brushed her teeth, etc.

It's a little confusing because I am sure the WS'er from Sidney (Boilly) posted that 2 teens and Gary A. were home when Sherry left.
ETA: yes, here it is, copied and pasted from her post:

"I graduated from high school with Sherry and I’d like to tell what I know. Yes, she left for her run at 6:30. She was seen by a witness at 6:40-6:45 running by the post office so she did make it out of the house in the clothes as described. Her husband and two teenage children were at home.
" :waitasec:

Does anybody else think there is a slight chance this is a voluntary disappearance (she didn't even bring her phone)?

Does anybody else think there is a slight chance this is a voluntary disappearance (she didn't even bring her phone)?

I think that's highly unlikely. She didn't have anything at all with her did she? And she'd be missing a shoe unless she took a spare pair along! Nope I really can't see that being the case.

Supposedly he was out taking a walk. At least this is what he told JVM. When she asked him if he was home when Sherry set out for her run, that's when he laughed (at the irony of it, I guess--or else that old nervous laugh) and said he was not. Then when he came home he knew she had left because of the droplets in the sink where she had brushed her teeth, etc.

It's a little confusing because I am sure the WS'er from Sidney (Boilly) posted that 2 teens and Gary A. were home when Sherry left.
ETA: yes, here it is, copied and pasted from her post:

"I graduated from high school with Sherry and I’d like to tell what I know. Yes, she left for her run at 6:30. She was seen by a witness at 6:40-6:45 running by the post office so she did make it out of the house in the clothes as described. Her husband and two teenage children were at home.
" :waitasec:

No offense to Boilly at all, and I certainly don't mean to discount any of what she said, but I'm now wondering if maybe Boilly's post was based on what was being said locally when this first occurred, as opposed to first-hand information. She hasn't posted back on this thread in a couple of days to clarify.....

JVM said LE says Gary Arnold is not a person of interest. That's the first I've heard mention of that at all. Good Lord, how come every time she asks Gary a question does he say he doesn't know or can't answer?? I realize LE doesn't want the investigation jeopardized, but why come on to talk to her if you aren't going to say anything? I'd think his time would be better spent begging for her safe return.

JVM said LE says Gary Arnold is not a person of interest. That's the first I've heard mention of that at all. Good Lord, how come every time she asks Gary a question does he say he doesn't know or can't answer?? I realize LE doesn't want the investigation jeopardized, but why come on to talk to her if you aren't going to say anything? I'd think his time would be better spent begging for her safe return.

I think what JVM means is that no one has been named a POI at this point. But I would guess no one has been excluded either; not sure how anyone could be, with no clues as to what happened. JMO

I don't know if it means anything, but was the cancer surgery on the same foot (right or left) as the shoe that was found?
Maybe she was adjusting it, etc., like others have posted.

Sorry,but I have no idea. I don't know which foot was operated on or which shoe was found. Anyone else who has read or heard this information?

Darn it!! JVM had someone call in and ask how they knew what she was wearing if noone saw her leave the house and instead of letting Gary answer, Jane said "Often times people wear the same clothes when they go out jogging" and rushed to commercial. Aaaarrrrggghhh. I really wanted her to let him answer that so we'd know for sure.

I really agree. Even an underage driver - maybe someone 15 years old.

Maybe. Others have pointed out flaws with my scenario, which I have to admit I have no answers for, especially the fact that there seems to be little/no evidence besides the shoe.

The only I objection I do have an answer for was the idea that it would be more risky to pack the dead/injured pedestrian up in your car instead of taking the chance that it would be just one more "anonymous" hit-n-run. When I went to my Neuroscience & the Law seminar in November, one of the speakers specifically studied non-clinical adolescents and she showed us some of the videos of sessions where she asked them "Would it ever be a good idea (or safe) to..." and their responses were amazing. I mean she was asking, "Would it be a good idea to go swimming with sharks?" or "Would it be a good idea to set your hair on fire?" and these kids had to think it through even though they were relaxed and sober. That was just an example. Really, the adolescent brain isn't on a level playing field with ours when it comes to risky behavior, even under the best circumstances (so imagine how it would be when substances are involved, eg.). Just wanted to share because that made a deep impression on me.

I wouldn't read too much into that particular detail (the phone). Of all of the runners/walkers I know, I am the only one who brings my phone with me every single time. (I am paranoid.)

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Does anyone else find it strange that she was wearing dark clothes to run in the dark, and there hasn't been (or maybe there has been, and I've missed it) mention of reflective gear? Unless the clothing itself had reflective markings, and that just hasn't been described much (or again I could've missed it). JMO.

It bugs me too. It is so odd to me that the husband is out 'exercising' before dawn on Saturday morning and so is his wife. Both of them out exercising before the sun comes up and yet neither tells the other beforehand or bothers to walk/run together. Seems weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy