GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has really gotten to me for some reason. I am so, so sad for Sherry's family, friends, co-workers, and students. So thankful that they did find her body and have someone in custody....hopefully her family will get justice and, with time, closure.

My condolences to Sherrys' family !
I feel like no punishment is severe enough, for the fear (and most likely, pain) Sherry must have gone through.
My friends' aunt used to jog along town and country roads several years ago. When people told her to be careful, she'd laugh and say something like : " Oh, I'm old---no one bothers women my age ! " Yeah, right ; she was approaching 40 at the time, slender and petite. I'm happy to report that she's still fine, still likes to run, and does it indoors on her NordicTrack Ellipse ---a gift from her husband. Who knows? Maybe it has saved her life ?
I hate it that it's too dangerous for women to take a walk along a highway these days -- even if they have a dog with them. Carrying a gun might be safer; but if you're not well-versed in how to protect against a perp -- who may even try to bash you with a car or do God knows what --you could be disarmed.
Wish this had a better outcome; like she just 'ran away from probems in her life', or something like that.

My 15 year old daughter is a long distance runner. She thinks she is too smart, too fast and too fiesty to get kidnapped. I have no doubt she'd put up one heck of a fight, but what she refuses to realize is that if a perp wants to get you bad enough, he'll run you down with his vehicle or knock you out cold.

We can't go through life refusing to take any risks, so I just make sure she is well informed and she knows to fight like hell and make alot of noise, and that I know her route in case she doesn't return on time. If anything happens I'm not waiting for the police to get on the ball...I'll be out there searching while I'm on the phone to 911! (yes, I'm married to a cop and I'm still not waiting!)

I can't find any info on where her body was found. Anyone......?

We don't have any details yet. There is supposed to be a live news conference with LE in about 45 minutes. Hopefully they'll tell us more then.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/1...g-montana-teacher-found-dead/?test=latestnews

"I think we are starting to find some closure in the whole deal," Sidney Mayor Bret Smelser said. "The news is not good, and as far as I know we don't have a body yet."

"FBI Special Agent in Charge David J. Johnson, of Salt Lake City, said a tip from the public led to the two men. The FBI hasn't confirmed Arnold's death."

-Snippped by me

Yahoo news is saying basically the same thing. They must have enough info. or they wouldn't be reporting her death. Looking for a site that will have the news conference.

My condolences to Sherrys' family !
I feel like no punishment is severe enough, for the fear (and most likely, pain) Sherry must have gone through.
My friends' aunt used to jog along town and country roads several years ago. When people told her to be careful, she'd laugh and say something like : " Oh, I'm old---no one bothers women my age ! " Yeah, right ; she was approaching 40 at the time, slender and petite. I'm happy to report that she's still fine, still likes to run, and does it indoors on her NordicTrack Ellipse ---a gift from her husband. Who knows? Maybe it has saved her life ?
I hate it that it's too dangerous for women to take a walk along a highway these days -- even if they have a dog with them. Carrying a gun might be safer; but if you're not well-versed in how to protect against a perp -- who may even try to bash you with a car or do God knows what --you could be disarmed.
Wish this had a better outcome; like she just 'ran away from probems in her life', or something like that.

I'm glad your friend is fine, but I bet she misses the outdoors something terrible. I use to love to trail run in the woods, and a Nordic Trak or indoors is just not the same. Smells, sounds, beauty, etc.

The FBI from Salt Lake has me scratching my head. ?? Surely they have offices in Helena...or I know they do in Boise.

From a former student of Sherry's...
She was a fixture around town on her walks and Brenner saw her for the last time while he was home over the holiday break.

"I gave her my token wave this last break because she knows who I am and it was good to see her again. I saw her that Friday before she got abducted," Brenner recalled.

http://www.kpax.com/news/um-student-remembers-sherry-arnold/

Looks like they are trying to get a live stream....hopefully.

KULR8 News

Look at the conditions our crew is facing on the way to Sidney. WINDY!!!

I have a pot of chicken/vegetable/barley soup simmering on the stove but will think of the bird as "crow". I feel badly for having thought even for a nano-second that Sherry's husband might have been involved in her disappearance/death :blushing:

Is it correct Sherry had a bout with cancer....and then this?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc