GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that it was likely blood on the shoe. Otherwise, how would they have declared it to be her shoe so quickly. I wonder given her background in education if her DNA is already on file.

I wonder if they are questioning any students that may have a grudge against her? When I taught, there were students who had severe emotional/behavioral disorders who could become violent quickly. Safety was a big concern of mine in the classroom. I had students who committed physical and sexual assaults in my class, and it did make me very nervous.

Hoping for a good outcome.

Boilly said it was dark at 6:30....and 2 witnesses in the dark could identify her entire outfit down to a black headband? I'm not saying they are even the source of what she was wearing, but if her husband wasn't home and they saw her in the dark.......huh??

Flood lights? I assume the P.O. was only open for employees.

I just heard her husband on the JVM re-run and I didn't find anything at all suspicious in what he said. For what it's worth...I think I'm pretty good at telling if guys are possibly lying (I'm generally not so good with women) and nothing he said raised any suspicion with me.

if a vehicle hit her, could she have been thrown into the ditch (with enough force that her shoe comes off)? how far is the ditch from the road? when I think ditch, I think right beside the shoulder of the road but someone upthread said it was a drainage ditch or something and not right beside the road?

in one scenario, the driver panics (speeding, DUI, suspended/no license, illegal immigrant, person wanted on warrants, truck driver way over his log limit) and puts her in the vehicle ... (this is the theory I think is most likely) It was dark out and it doesn't sound like she was wearing any reflective clothing or stripes (that we know of yet)

or in an abduction scenario, the driver bumps her just enough to stun her, grabs her, she struggles, thereby dislodging the shoe either intentionally or not - dragging her foot through gravel or against the side of a car will loosen it IMO

when a body is hit by a several-tonne vehicle, shoes come off, regardless of how snug the fit or how tightly tied - it happens frequently IMO

brake marks/tire tread marks or scraped off paint could be valuable evidence here if they are able to isolate any (maybe the vehicle went off into the ditch or hit a traffic sign ...)

When I heard about the shoe being found in a ditch..it was my first thought thst she had been hit by a vehicle.
i myself have been hit by a car going 40mph when I was 12 yrs old. Both my lace up shoes flew off my feet.

I didn't see JVM so thanks for the updates. I don't necessarily hear anything suspicious about what he said, but I'm always suspicious of the husband first.

I don't find it suspicious too much that he knew what she was wearing. During the winter, I usually wear the same things as outerwear when running. During the summer, it varies because it's easier with not so many layers. But I did find it weird about him noticing droplets of water in the sink, a certain light on etc. But maybe those are what he saw after he was getting concerned because she was late so he was walking through the house like a detective. Maybe.

Do they live near where she was last "seen" (not sure if I believe that though)? A half hour run is usually quick right near your house. Not on a truck bypass, right?

I was thinking about what could be on the shoe. Blood seems the most likely to be considered evidence, but with LE saying they believe maybe she was hurt and disoriented it made me think perhaps they have reason to think she may have been hit by a car/truck. I wonder if it's not blood, but rather that the top of the sneaker is scraped really badly and blackened from the road...as if that foot were dragged/scraped along the roadway, forcing her shoe off maybe?

At least this husband is talking and is not hiding out. That gives him an automatic 50 points for good behavior at this point. I am not saying that he is not responsible for this - just look at the Cotta case - however, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He did sound a bit hinky, but I would too if I was on a national TV show. I would be scared out of my wits.

Scott Peterson did a lot of talking before Laci's remains were found. He was convicted and is now on death row in a CA prison. While no one has been charged in Susan Powell's disappearance (murder, imo), Josh and his dad both made a lot of media appearances. Steven Powell is behind bars on other charges, and Josh Powell is still considered the primary suspect is his wife's disappearance. Talking or not talking has no bearing on whether or not husbands have anything or nothing to do with the disappearance or death of their spouses. jmo

O/T.. Am watching NG and must comment that the caller that was just on, Paul from Florida.. I'd certainly love to know what direct number he calls in on because in the last 2mos this man is on no less(and often more) than 3 shows a week?!? He is a huge azz kisser !!.. Lol :D MOO MOO MOO MOO AND MORE MOO!!!

I am so glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! And "Jason from Canada" semms to call regularly as well.....

I keep thinking of that story a few years ago of a pedestrian hit by car, body becomes lodged in windshield and the driver goes home and just parks the car in his garage.

I keep thinking of that story a few years ago of a pedestrian hit by car, body becomes lodged in windshield and the driver goes home and just parks the car in his garage.

I remember that story, but I think the driver was a woman. The man lived, stuck in her windshield for a couple days and then when he died she dumped him by the side of the road. Law Enforcement found him - he was a homeless drifter - and assumed from his injuries that he had been hit by a car and killed there.

It was only later when she was at a party laughing about the whole thing that someone who was also at the party called LE.

Horrible.

Will try to find mainstream media reference to this. I don't know whether Boilly is considered an official resource.

Noway .. per her sister she was going to "the farm" not a sport event

Sherry's older sister Rhonda Whited-Rupp says her family is in shock over her sister's disappearance, telling us, "She's my best friend, she was just going on her normal exercise route and she was going to shower and come back out to the farm with me and it just didn't go that way that morning."]

http://www.krtv.com/news/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-sidney-teacher/

After hearing the husband on JVM, I am still leaning toward a mountain lion. There were 3 sightings near the same area in 2006 (see my last post for link). A mountain lion lives in the wild for approx. 12 yrs. They are territorial and a territory can be from "10 to 370 square miles" http://www.aws.vcn.com/mountain_lion_fact_sheet.html

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/survival/mountain-lion-attack.html
mountain lions are so quiet and so secretive they might be phantoms. Capable of leaping 40 feet (12 meters) in a single bound and 15 feet (4.5 meters) straight up, a mature 140-pound (64-kilogram) male can bring down a bull elk weighing 600 pounds (272 kilograms), or drag an 800-pound (362-kilogram) horse 100 yards.

http://www.cougarinfo.org/attacks3.htm This article mentions someone throwing a shoe trying to run one off and a man that was attacked and needed stitches but dogs were unable to pick up the scent of the lion and no blood was found where he was attacked. Also they didn't find tracks many times.

Just to the east of Sidney lies the Little Missouri National Grasslands in North Dakota (about 8 miles east). It is over a million acres and has mountain lions. Bikers have reported being stalked on trails.

I hope they look at all possibilities but they have to look at this one too as there are other people/children at risk. Montana and North Dakota are 2 of 13 states that allow mountain lion hunting. That means they have enough to share with trophy hunters.

search suspended-fbi taking over

It's been five days since Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold went missing after a jog and no new clues have been uncovered. The Sidney Herald is reporting that the search has concluded for the time being.

The Herald says the Federal Bureau of Investigation is taking over the case and is looking into the possibility of abduction

http://www.ktvq.com/news/search-for-missing-sidney-teacher-suspended/

The FBI and police in Montana were investigating the suspected abduction of a high school math teacher reported missing over the weekend and believed to have been taken out of state, authorities said on Tuesday.

Law enforcement officials suspect she was the victim of a kidnapping, Bertram said, adding that the FBI gets involved in such cases when missing persons are believed to have been taken against their will across state lines.
Bertram said federal agents were developing several leads from calls to a tip line but declined to disclose details.

http://www.laredosun.us/notas.asp?id=19705

I truly hope they have a way to track what trucks were driving thru the area from local plants that morning........

I am sad for this woman because I am a runner but also a familiar runner on the trail that Chelsea King lost her life on, in San Diego. We should never give in to the few but too many horrible people that walk this earth and stop doing what we love. :two cents: Was Sherry a purest runner (no iPod, iPhone etc?) I, for one, carry nothing with me, even most times no water on long runs, because I don't like being weighted down with even something small. And these types of runners like to go in quiet areas to de-stress and probably get off the asphalt if possible. I can't tell you how many times I ran alone in very isolated areas and never thought twice about it until Chelsea King.

How far was her house from the location? A half hour run is not very far. While it is a very early time to run, sometimes having a run first thing just makes your whole day better. And I do think her shoe could come off, regardless of how tight she tied it. I tie mine pretty tight but by I also end up toeing them off because the mesh stretches a bit after a run.

What they found on her shoe? If she liked to run in these types of areas and at this time of year, she could have all kinds of stuff on her shoes. Blood, grass, tar, mud, food, you name it.

My first thought when I read about this and the time she was running - a tired trucker hit her and dumped her body somewhere. Sorry to say. And most runners know, if a car stops you run for it and she was a trained runner next to a field. I could be wrong, but runners tend to get attacked by other people on foot - in a park, field etc. Unless someone has a gun, a trained runner can hoof it in the other direction if they see a car slow down etc. and she seems pretty trained.

Just my ten cents, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member