GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they are saying that Sherry's family was told that one confessed; therefore, the legal notification that she is dead. I don't think that they were referring to the perps family. IMO

Is that just another way of saying that Spells told a family member that Waters forced him to go along (with abducting and killing Sherry) or Waters would murder his wife and child, which we've seen in other articles?

The way People worded that it makes it sound more like someone gave a more complete confession IMO.

I wouldn't give too much credence to an article in People. It's likely the writer jumped to conclusions/misinterpreted info in MSM.

I agree here, but don't you think that 2 guys unfamiliar with the area, even if they were "gorked out", would have to get a shovel or something to bury her? And, I don't think they are going to drive around populated areas with a body in their truck. I'm guessing from Holly Sugar or wherever her shoe was found, they found the nearest off the beaten path from their to hide the body. Hopefully soon, we will get a little more information.

I see there is a Norther Plains Agricultural Research Laboratory down the frontage road from where her shoe was found. I suppose trees, matted grass and compost or manure piles could be around there. Just a thought.

If there is a third person involved... maybe that male body is connected to that? Wonder how long it's been there...

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_498d39ea-b70f-5eef-a26c-7d09b595726e.html

Waters and Spell weren't apprehended until a few days after Sherry's disappearance and one article quoted LE as saying that Sherry died on the day she went missing. Maybe the man whose body was just found caught the suspects disposing of Sherry's body.

We don't know how soon the suspects disposed of Sherry's body or what they did afterwards. But, if they can be linked to the man's death, too, LE may be close to Sherry's "burial" site. I hope they can find her soon so her family and friends can give her a proper burial.

Watching Vinnie N. right now on HLN. He's leading with a story about Michelle Parker. I guess they found footage of her going through a fast food drive through.

Maybe LE will be able to find video of the suspects alone or individually getting gas along the highway.

It could help to LE track the Spell's and Water's movements.

These pieces of the puzzle can take a bit of time to gather, but they could be out there and they could help LE find Sherry.

I'm having a time loading pages today....

I have been having difficulties for about a week now. And have read that many sleuthers are having this problem.
There is even a thread on WS addressing this problem.
I hope it gets fixed soon!

I know someone who, when faced with a similar dilemma, ate a four pound box of Sunmaid raisins.

My friend was probably up all night (from the caffeine), and your friend was probably up (and on the ("run") all the next day for other reasons! :innocent:

I agree here, but don't you think that 2 guys unfamiliar with the area, even if they were "gorked out", would have to get a shovel or something to bury her? And, I don't think they are going to drive around populated areas with a body in their truck. I'm guessing from Holly Sugar or wherever her shoe was found, they found the nearest off the beaten path from their to hide the body. Hopefully soon, we will get a little more information.

Oh! Gosh, I've lived so long in the rural midwest, this totally escaped me.

I keep a spade in my vehicle all winter long. If we get stuck somewhere, a few minutes with a spade could save a long wait for a tow truck and a big bill. I also keep a blanket and coffee can emergency kit (coffee can packed with candles, granola bars, hot chocolate mix, etc).

When I read that LE believes her body is in a shallow grave near a treeline, I simply assumed that the suspects were like most rural people in the midwest and plains--they had a shovel or spade (or both) in their vehicle. Particularly if you know you are in an area where cell coverage is spotty, you have to be prepared to rescue yourself.

No matter what his diagnosis, it will come down to whether he knows right from wrong. I am betting he knows the difference and his behavior after the crime will likely prove that.

I was thinking more along the lines that if Spell is the one who was/is talking, intellectual impairment may have an effect on the information he was able to give.

And if he were intellectually impaired, that would make him much easier to be manipulated and much easier to threaten.

snipped

OT
EDIT: How do you make the link to a source a word rather than a URL to click on?

1. In the address bar of the URL you want to link to, drag through (left clicking once selects it on my laptop) the URL and press Ctrl+C to copy
  2. In WS, in your Reply, type the word or phrase you want to use (Source, Link, Map of Area)
  3. Drag through the word or phrase (in this case Map of Area)
  4. Click on the Insert Link icon (third from right in the Quick Reply window I am using; second row of icons about in the middle in the Post Reply window.)
  5. Paste your URL in the URL bar. I delete the existing http:// in the URL bar when I paste my own URL. FYI the type is http: and defaults to this.
  6. Click OK. Ta da! Applause!
Map of Area

Asking SIdney residents and those familiar with area to look at the map and let me know what else should be moved.

Google maps puts Sidney Sugars quite a way from "Holly and 9th, adjacent to Sidney Sugars" where the shoe was reportedly found. I cannot rely 100% on Google maps since I have found errors in my own area.

This appears to have happened close to the railroad Xing, I wonder if a train was passing and that had them at a stop waiting and then saw sherry? just a thought

I wouldn't give too much credence to an article in People. It's likely the writer jumped to conclusions/misinterpreted info in MSM.

I think that you misunderstood what I was saying. I think that the People article, based on their choice of words, sounded different then what we have heard thus far in the MSM. Like that song, "You say toe-may-toe, I say ta-maa-toe..... toe-may-toe, ta-maa-toe..."

Personally, it has not changed my opinion that neither Spell or Waters have given anything close to a full confession. But that is just my opinion now.

In the beginning I did think that Spell gave a more complete confession to LE, that opinion has since changed. I still do believe that odds are Spell is the one who has made any kind of confession, especially since it has been reported that Spells told a relative Waters threatened Spell's wife and child. But I guess my current opinion is an assumption, because we have not heard that Water's has not talked. Maybe he has and it has not been reported. There's also the possibility Spell didn't say anything like that to anyone. Who knows.

There are many possible conclusions that can be drawn based on what we have heard from MSM mainly because we don't know everything, but also because on some points MSM is reporting differently on some issues. Ex: remember in the beginning when we were seeing it being reported in some articles that Sherry had been found, while others were saying that she had not?

In some instances there are gaping holes in MSM reporting, they report what officials are saying regarding whether or not this was a hit and run that S and W were trying to cover up. In the beginning my belief was that it was an accident. Then I saw a former FBI agent on HLN report that the MT statute for agg kidnapping rules out the accident theory, and I changed my mind. Then I looked at the statute myself and thought that maybe the agent was wrong, mainly because I was clinging to the hope that this was not a sexual homicide. Then after really taking a look it, sadly I am of the opinion that it was a sexual homicide.

So I don't think that People jumped to any conclusions any more or less so than other media organizations and all of us here. I wish that were not the case. Wouldn't it be awesome if we didn't have to take all MSM reports with a grain of salt? And to be fair, at least some of the faults we find in MSM are the result of the nature of the subject matter. Whatever the case may be it allows us to have discussions to explore ours and others opinions and to do our best to take a look at things from every angle.

Map of Area

Asking SIdney residents and those familiar with area to look at the map and let me know what else should be moved.

Google maps puts Sidney Sugars quite a way from "Holly and 9th, adjacent to Sidney Sugars" where the shoe was reportedly found. I cannot rely 100% on Google maps since I have found errors in my own area.

The sugar beet plant is the large facility on the northeast corner of town between the county road (Holly St) and the lake.

snipped

OT
EDIT: How do you make the link to a source a word rather than a URL to click on?

1. In the address bar of the URL you want to link to, drag through (left clicking once selects it on my laptop) the URL and press Ctrl+C to copy
  2. In WS, in your Reply, type the word or phrase you want to use (Source, Link, Map of Area)
  3. Drag through the word or phrase (in this case Map of Area)
  4. Click on the Insert Link icon (third from right in the Quick Reply window I am using; second row of icons about in the middle in the Post Reply window.)
  5. Paste your URL in the URL bar. I delete the existing http:// in the URL bar when I paste my own URL. FYI the type is http: and defaults to this.
  6. Click OK. Ta da! Applause!
Map of Area

Thank you! I've been dragging my pointer over all the little icons in the tool bar to create posts and none of them say "use word, phrase to link". I like the way it looks in the post when its done that way. :crazy:

I keep a spade in my vehicle all winter long. If we get stuck somewhere, a few minutes with a spade could save a long wait for a tow truck and a big bill. I also keep a blanket and coffee can emergency kit (coffee can packed with candles, granola bars, hot chocolate mix, etc).

When I read that LE believes her body is in a shallow grave near a treeline, I simply assumed that the suspects were like most rural people in the midwest and plains--they had a shovel or spade (or both) in their vehicle. Particularly if you know you are in an area where cell coverage is spotty, you have to be prepared to rescue yourself.

That's interesting because I've been wondering how they got a shovel, because in my experience I can't think of any reason someone would have one handy.

The only thing that I've been able to come up with is that the vacant far info came from the suspect(s) who knew that the farm was vacant because they had to steel a shovel. But that really doesn't work for me.

But since the suspects are from CO they might be smart enough to do what you do, or just know it needs to be done based on experience.

I missed this too... we could live in our vehicle for a week if we needed to. Food, water, blankets, medicines.
I forget sometimes not everyone is that prepared.

Of course we'd like to avoid doing that if at all possible.
So we have the battery starter (no other vehicle and no outlet required) along with the tow chain and shovel ready to go.

I'm guessing these guys probably were not that smart. But I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob