GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so glad they found Sherry's body.

God bless her husband and children....such a bittersweet day. I will keep her entire family, all of her friends, her studends, and co-workers in my prayers.

I am so glad that Sherry's family can get some closure and just not have Sherry out there somewhere....

I hope there is enough evidence to nail these two guys as well!

Rest in Peace, Sherry. My condolences to your family, your students, your friends and your community.

:rose:

Rest in Peace, Sherry. My sympathies to your family, friends, and students. I hope they will find some measure of peace in having you home where you belong and being able to properly lay you to rest.

ot: Everytime I see your link to Annie Mae it makes me feel good to see she is not forgotten.

Thank you. The tiny amount of Indian blood I carry is Mi'kmaq, so I feel a kinship to her. And when I was a very young cop in Indian Country I learned under the watchful eye of a former BIA officer who had been at Pine Ridge during the early to mid 1970s. He told me much about the case, although much was not known then.

Unfortunately I do not believe that true justice will ever be served. The low level trigger men who executed her will go to jail, but the AIM leadership who ordered her execution will probably always be free and treated as celebrities. Anna Mae had the misfortune of knowing too much about Peltier's murder of the FBI agents, and that knowledge cost her life.

But I continue to pray for her and her family, and at times I feel her spirit.

Thank you. The tiny amount of Indian blood I carry is Mi'kmaq, so I feel a kinship to her. And when I was a very young cop in Indian Country I learned under the watchful eye of a former BIA officer who had been at Pine Ridge during the early to mid 1970s. He told me much about the case, although much was not known then.

Unfortunately I do not believe that true justice will ever be served. The low level trigger men who executed her will go to jail, but the AIM leadership who ordered her execution will probably always be free and treated as celebrities. Anna Mae had the misfortune of knowing too much about Peltier's murder of the FBI agents, and that knowledge cost her life.

But I continue to pray for her and her family, and at times I feel her spirit.

It comes back; Russell has his burdens now, as well.

Sherry reminds me so much of my 11th grade math teacher. So sad for her and her family.

Thank God she has been found! I don't think there is ever "closure" when a loved one has been murdered, but that's just me.
Since Spell confessed and also implicated Waters, I wonder if they will still have to go through a trial. I'm sure it will be a long time before the family has any measure of peace, but at least they know where she is now.
My thoughts and prayers for all the family and friends who loved her.

They have evidence (video surveillance) that puts the vehicle in the area at the time Sherry disappears. They have evidence that Spell was in the area (his hat that was tossed out by Waters if they got DNA from it) at the scene. They have Spell's confession. But I still want them to have evidence Sherry was in the vehicle or something of Sherry's found with Spell and/or Waters.

Source: #8 #9 #12 in link (posted above by Elley Mae).

Sidney residents called for justice Friday as they streamed into the funeral of a high school teacher who was kidnapped, strangled and her body buried in a field in North Dakota.

Hundreds filed into the Sidney High School gymnasium, the same school where Sherry Arnold and her husband taught and her two children attend classes. Mourners who took their seats under flickering images of Arnold said they wanted to see the beloved teacher's killers punished.

"We want to see justice," Cody Schroeder, a junior at the high school and one of Arnold's past students, told the Billings Gazette (http://bit.ly/H1w0fR).

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/fu...ab2-11e1-9d47-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1qfSIGORQ

What a sad, tragic, heartbreaking loss, what a total waste, what an inexcusable, heinous and unforgivable crime.

We are seeing this kind of thing over and over and over again. It is beyond heinous and appalling. And what is worse is that over the last few years, more and more of these murderers are getting away without being indicted and convicted for their crimes against humanity, for stealing the lives of innocent victims.

I hope and pray this case will fare better than others and that our system will get justice for Sherry and her family.

And how can these two murderers plead "not guilty".

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-27/death-penalty-montana-teacher/54585580/1

Spellconfesses that he choked Sherry. And apparently it was Waters you led police to Sherry.

This makes me terribly sad! For the silver lining- I am glad that she may not have suffered long. I HATE to hear of someone living long enough to be tortured, only to be killed later.

:no:

An affidavit filed in the case includes an alleged jailhouse confession by Spell that he choked Arnold and then held her face underwater to make sure she was dead.

Spell said he turned around and speared Sherry in the back of the head and knocked her down. Spell said he choked her out."

Quite a bit different than Spell's earlier accounts.

"Waters pointed to the approximate location of the actual hole where Arnold was buried," the affidavit says. "A broken branch was resting over the hole. Waters advised Sherry Arnold was buried lying on her side in a fetal position. … Waters became emotional, cried and stated, 'I didn't kill that lady.'"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back