Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
+ + Multiple Shooting Fatalities + +

- Molson-Coors Campus,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin -
- Wednesday, 26 February 2020 -

1)) MSN:

At least seven dead including shooter in rampage at Milwaukee campus of Molson Coors

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Active Shooter - Milwaukee, WI - بحث Google

Our Condolences To All.
Ald. = Alderman - a local Elected Official
ATF = Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
FBI = Federal Bureau of Investigation
Med = Medical

[Contribution # 7190
Thread # 508174]

Last edited:
Milwaukee mayor: Multiple people dead in Molson Coors shooting
''Multiple people were killed in a shooting on the campus of a brewing company in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Wednesday, the city's mayor said.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett did not give an exact number of people killed in the shooting, which took place at the Molson Coors Brewing Co campus.

"It is a horrible, horrible day for the employees here," Barrett told reporters.

"A very rough day for anyone who is close to this situation," he added.

Local media reported that the gunman was also reportedly dead.''

‘Critical’ incident at Milwaukee Molson Coors building no longer ‘active,’ police say
''According to the latest update from authorities, the scene no longer has an “active threat,” but is still an “active” situation. Police have also said that despite “various sources citing various numbers of casualties,” the information on a victim count has not been confirmed''.
''Milwaukee Police cautioned people to stay clear of the 4000 block area of W. State Street, where they said the incident was being investigated.

Media reports pointed to a shooter on the premise.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett told reporters that multiple people, including the shooter, were killed in a shooting at the complex Wednesday afternoon, NBC affiliate WMTV reported.

Barrett did not give an exact number on the casualties from the shooting, but urged residents in the area to stay away.

Both the Journal Sentinel in Milwaukee and FOX6 however reported that at least seven people were killed, including the gunman, citing sources.''

What does america have that allows this to happen so much?
What does literally the rest of the world done that has prevented these kinds of shooting from being a weekly thing like here in the U,S of A?
bbm

There are mass killings from guns and other implements such as knives, bombs, and death by vehicle in other countries as well.
I don't think America has any sort of 'monopoly' in mass shootings.
There may be a difference in how it's reported from country to country.

Eta : My question doesn't matter; not important.

Mass shootings grab headlines and the manner in which such crimes are reported makes people not of the United States thinking it happens weekly.
It really doesn't , and is thankfully rare.

My condolences to the families of the victims who are having the worst day of their lives.
An article in yahoo might have shed some light in that the company the criminal worked for was 'streamlining'; which means others had been let go as well or were about to be ?
"Fired" doesn't always mean let go for nefarious reasons; but the shooter might have thought so.
So terrible for one person to kill others because he had to get work elsewhere.

He could have gone in with a hammer or baseball bat and the results might have been the same.
Let's not blame an inanimate object, when other weapons have been used in crimes.
It's the person behind the object.
People have been mowed down by an suv, or truck like the massacre in Nice, France in 2016 in Bastille Day.

Last edited:
Molson Coors shooting: 5 people killed after worker opens fire at Milwaukee brewery complex - CNN
''A worker at the sprawling Molson Coors complex in Milwaukee opened fire Wednesday afternoon, killing five employees before taking his own life, the company's chief executive officer and police said.
The suspected shooter, a 51-year-old man from Milwaukee, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police Chief Alfonso Morales told reporters.
Gavin Hattersley, Molson Coors president and CEO, said the gunman was a brewery employee.''

''Speaking to reporters, Mayor Tom Barrett said a regular work day turned into chaos, not only for employees but for the community.
"This is a tragic day for our city, this is a tragic day for our state. Five families, six families actually are grieving and will be grieving because of this horrific act of this individual," Barrett said. "This is a time for us to think about those families. Because there are five individuals who went to work today, just like everybody goes to work. And they thought they were going to go to work, finish their day and return to their families. They didn't and tragically they never will."

''Molson Coors became the parent company of MillerCoors in 2016. Last year, Molson Coors announced it was retiring the MillerCoors name as part of a reorganization.''
rbbm.

Molson Coors makes a streamlining move - Molson Coors Beverage Company (NYSE:TAP) | Seeking Alpha
Molson Coors (TAP +2%) plans to cease production at its brewery located in Irwindale, California by September of this year.

This article says the CA brewery is ceasing production, and not WI.
So wonder if maybe they were letting WI employees go as well ?
Or was this a one-off, and the employee was terminated for problematic work behavior ?

Whomever he was and what problems he may have been having; he had no right to slaughter innocent people !!
What a vile monster.

6 Dead In Shooting At Molson Coors In Milwaukee After Employee Opens Fire
''Authorities believe the gunman, who was identified only as a 51-year-old Milwaukee man, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"The hearts of the people of Wisconsin go out to the folks that were needlessly murdered at Molson Coors this afternoon," Gov. Tony Evers said at an evening news conference. "It's a tragedy for Milwaukee, yes, but it's a tragedy for the entire state of Wisconsin."

In an email to employees, Molson Coors CO Gavin Hattersley called the gunman "an active brewery employee."

"There are no words to express the deep sadness many of us are feeling right now," he said in the email, according to The Associated Press.

Police said they had no motive for the attack.''

Eta : My question doesn't matter; not important.

Mass shootings grab headlines and the manner in which such crimes are reported makes people not of the United States thinking it happens weekly.
It really doesn't , and is thankfully rare.

My condolences to the families of the victims who are having the worst day of their lives.
An article in yahoo might have shed some light in that the company the criminal worked for was 'streamlining'; which means others had been let go as well or were about to be ?
"Fired" doesn't always mean let go for nefarious reasons; but the shooter might have thought so.
So terrible for one person to kill others because he had to get work elsewhere.

He could have gone in with a hammer or baseball bat and the results might have been the same.
Let's not blame an inanimate object, when other weapons have been used in crimes.
It's the person behind the object.
People have been mowed down by an suv, or truck like the massacre in Nice, France in 2016 in Bastille Day.

if he went in with a baseball bat it 100% would not have been the same.

if he went in with a baseball bat it 100% would not have been the same.
We can agree to disagree.

If only the work supervisor had a weapon this might have ended differently.
A shooter was stopped in a TX church by armed parishioners.
People need to be allowed to defend themselves; imo.
Because no one was armed and able to protect and defend at Molsom-Coors, people died.

Sounds like the murderer in Milwaukee was an injustice collector and the only salvageable element is that the killer passed judgement upon himself ...too cowardly to face trial.

No updates about the victims. :(
Their names should be in the media by now.
I wish it could be just each victim's name, and a little about their lives and dreams; and nothing at all about the killer.
Rest in gentle peace to those lost to a violent coward.

Last edited:
Unreal, that this thread is less than one page. We have become numb to mass shootings.
My opinion is less that people are numb to mass shootings as they're still thankfully rare...but there's not many new articles about the tragedy in Milwaukee and I think that's why fewer posts here.

If I find updates I'll post them here.
How did the monster get a hold of another employees' work badge as I'm certain his was confiscated when he was let go ?

If, say, he tore it from another employee who was walking into the building-- wouldn't the employee go after him and there would've been a ruckus ?
How did he get back into the building ; and was the supervisor armed but not able to get there before the shooter started firing ?
Were all of the employees murdered right inside the first section of the building entrance and there was no time to fire back at him ?

I said earlier that the management may not have been armed; but a school in TX (I think) has the teachers armed and able to defend the students.
It's sad that it's come to this; but some protection is better than no protection.

Last edited:
Milwaukee shooting: What we know about Molson Coors' 'saddest day'
A short time after, a 51-year-old man entered the factory with two handguns, firing on employees.
The community is left grieving.
“We are all a family. We work a lot of hours together, so we’re all very sad,” said employee Selena Curka, who was turned away from work when the complex went on lockdown after reports of the shooting.
The five victims were all employees of Molson Coors Beverage, which was renamed from MillerCoors in 2019. Authorities have not released their names.

Milwaukee Molson Coors shooter had long-running dispute with co-worker
The man who opened fire at the Molson Coors plant Wednesday, killing five co-workers and himself, had been involved in a long-running dispute with a co-worker that boiled over before he started shooting, according to a law enforcement source that spoke to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and brewery sources.
Anthony N. Ferrill, 51, had worked as an electrician for more than 20 years, about 17 of them at Molson Coors, according to multiple sources and online employment records.
A co-worker who asked not to be identified for fear of being disciplined said Ferrill believed he was being discriminated against because he was African American, and that he frequently argued with at least one of the victims, a fellow electrician.
The co-worker said Ferrill frequently watched movies on his phone during the day, which the other electrician took issue with, and that the two accused each other of going into each others' offices and stealing tools or tampering with computer equipment.

"I never had a clue. I talked to him a couple of days ago and he seemed fine to me," Giese said. "I had no idea that there was a problem, that somebody could snap like that."
As word spread Thursday that Ferrill was the shooter, current and former co-workers echoed that surprise.

Sounds like a personal dispute.
The shooter had no priors and more gun laws would not have prevented this from happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM
Back