Murder Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure this is an additional step in ensuring all ducks are in a row because of the circumstantial nature of the case and the absence of a body.

It will not change a thing about how the defense lawyers behave.

I did read that the transcripts from the GJ are given to the defendant. Is that not correct?

Not that I've ever heard of! From every state I've seen it before in no way does the defense see anything that happens in a GJ! The defense gets what the state wants to argue during trial during discovery phase.

I have a persona incident that I/my daughter were the victims in and other than the charges brought after GJ we weren't able to get any info on it.

Not that I've ever heard of! From every state I've seen it before in no way does the defense see anything that happens in a GJ! The defense gets what the state wants to argue during trial during discovery phase.

I have a persona incident that I/my daughter were the victims in and other than the charges brought after GJ we weren't able to get any info on it.

Looks like every state is different. Have not read the whole thing, but lots of good info here:

http://www.rcfp.org/south-carolina-open-courts-compendium/e-grand-jury-records

Anybody know if it is typical to only have LE as witnesses at a GJ proceeding?

Just wanted to again point out that most murder cases are circumstantial. It is rare to have a witness to murder. It is about taking the evidence and piecing it all together. :twocents:

Just wanted to again point out that most murder cases are circumstantial. It is rare to have a witness to murder. It is about taking the evidence and piecing it all together. :twocents:

There are degrees of circumstantial evidence. There is no body in this case. I don't believe the police want to leave a stone unturned.

Glad GJ indicted...am guessing they saw/heard more than we did from bond hearing. JMO

Anybody know if it is typical to only have LE as witnesses at a GJ proceeding?

Starr, thank you for your help with the problems I was having getting around this sub-forum. I appreciate it! :loveyou:

Goodness, if you take a day off, you get lost around here! Glad to see Heather has her own community around here. Good to see the grand jury indictment come though today.

Amanda Kelley ‏@TSN_AKelley · 4m
Judge has signed off on gag order in #heatherelvis case. That means lawyers and police can't comment on investigation.

https://twitter.com/TSN_AKelley

They might want to extend that gag order to include TM too. Randy Taylor arrested for murder in Alexis Murphy case had to be included in the gag order for telling reporters he would talk to them after court a month or so ago. TM is mouthy. gag her. jmo

Amanda Kelley ‏@TSN_AKelley · 4m
Judge has signed off on gag order in #heatherelvis case. That means lawyers and police can't comment on investigation.

https://twitter.com/TSN_AKelley

They might want to extend that gag order to include TM too. Randy Taylor arrested for murder in Alexis Murphy case had to be included in the gag order for telling reporters he would talk to them after court a month or so ago. TM is mouthy. gag her. jmo

BBM...she sure is. We know how much Jodi Arias ran her mouth and had reporters coming into the jailhouse to get interviews. I can so see TM going that way. Claiming this was a witch hunt, because she's a witch (and I mean that literally and figuratively).

Has the defense waived speedy trial? Sorry if answered already, you guys have been chatty, can't find it.

Thanks

So LE says they got the gag order to hopefully prevent a change of venue. Now perhaps the FB pages give a false idea of how big this case is in MB, but I really don't see how they can keep the trial in HC. It seems like the entire area is heavily invested in the case.

Any thoughts on whether it's feasible that one of the two defendants DID give up the location of where they killed Heather? But her body had moved /was no longer there(water)? Hence the reenactment of the PTL scenario?
To me, this gag order is highly suggestive of further information being held close to the vest.
Information that, if revealed in the press, would irreparably taint the jury pool?
Like cooperation....from either one...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back