My brother was missing for 10 months and then found dead in an enclosed wall and the police have refused to investigate from the beginning.

Klcanning

Reaction score
My brother, Charles Robert ( Bobby) Steele, walked out my front door April 11th, 2023 and that was the last known time he was seen. He called me 2 hours later saying things that made no sense, such as he told me he was going to meet a specific person, when in fact he did not even tell me he was leaving. I argued with him and childishly hung up on him, an action I will forever regret. He never called back, he never came back, and so began my journey to find my little brother.

He had struggled with his mental health, drug addiction, and homelessness so I knew that I couldn't attempt to report him missing right away. I spent the next 2 weeks reaching out to his friends, acquaintances, counselors all with no results because he never contacted anyone again. 3 weeks after he disappeared I attempted to file him missing in Delaware, where I live, where we both grew up, and most importantly where he disappeared from. I was told that due to his past he doesn't fit the criteria of a missing person and Delaware refused to investigate. I was forced to file in Maryland, when forced all possible investigations to have to go through them...and yet 10 months later his body was found 5.2 miles from my house in Delaware. He never left the state, he disappeared from here and ultimately was murdered here...and still no real investigation.

Bobby was found in a building in the business district of Wilmington, Delaware that was eventually planning to be demolished. He had no access to the building as it was locked and secured by an alarm, and yet he somehow ended up dead in a pipe chase that was enclosed, his skeleton ripped in half and split between the 4th and 5th floor. He was missing all belongings,(laptop, cell phone, book bag, wallet, watch, and 2 necklaces), and when his body was found his pants had been removed after he became nothing but a skeleton proven by a scrap of denim left on the bone.

The building was never roped off or locked down by police, the demolition continued even as the body was being removed from the wall, the clothing was released to the funeral home and "accidentally" cremated with the body, and no evidence was even collected for the scene. The Attorney General's Office has confiscated the death investigation and autopsy file from the ME and refuses to give me any details, not even the DNA confirmation report. His body is gone, the building is gone, all evidence is gone, the death investigation is over, the death has been labeled undetermined by the mE but not suspicious by the Wilmington PD...and yet this Deputy AG has threatened to keep my brother's case open and cold forever to ensure I never gain access to the files. Something is not right here.

My brother, Charles Robert ( Bobby) Steele, walked out my front door April 11th, 2023 and that was the last known time he was seen. He called me 2 hours later saying things that made no sense, such as he told me he was going to meet a specific person, when in fact he did not even tell me he was leaving. I argued with him and childishly hung up on him, an action I will forever regret. He never called back, he never came back, and so began my journey to find my little brother.

He had struggled with his mental health, drug addiction, and homelessness so I knew that I couldn't attempt to report him missing right away. I spent the next 2 weeks reaching out to his friends, acquaintances, counselors all with no results because he never contacted anyone again. 3 weeks after he disappeared I attempted to file him missing in Delaware, where I live, where we both grew up, and most importantly where he disappeared from. I was told that due to his past he doesn't fit the criteria of a missing person and Delaware refused to investigate. I was forced to file in Maryland, when forced all possible investigations to have to go through them...and yet 10 months later his body was found 5.2 miles from my house in Delaware. He never left the state, he disappeared from here and ultimately was murdered here...and still no real investigation.

Bobby was found in a building in the business district of Wilmington, Delaware that was eventually planning to be demolished. He had no access to the building as it was locked and secured by an alarm, and yet he somehow ended up dead in a pipe chase that was enclosed, his skeleton ripped in half and split between the 4th and 5th floor. He was missing all belongings,(laptop, cell phone, book bag, wallet, watch, and 2 necklaces), and when his body was found his pants had been removed after he became nothing but a skeleton proven by a scrap of denim left on the bone.

The building was never roped off or locked down by police, the demolition continued even as the body was being removed from the wall, the clothing was released to the funeral home and "accidentally" cremated with the body, and no evidence was even collected for the scene. The Attorney General's Office has confiscated the death investigation and autopsy file from the ME and refuses to give me any details, not even the DNA confirmation report. His body is gone, the building is gone, all evidence is gone, the death investigation is over, the death has been labeled undetermined by the mE but not suspicious by the Wilmington PD...and yet this Deputy AG has threatened to keep my brother's case open and cold forever to ensure I never gain access to the files. Something is not right here.

I am so very sorry for your loss and more for the way you have been treated. It is unfortunate that LE do tend to ignore mentally ill and substance abuse missing.

Perhaps you should reach out to a Senator for your state to help?

I am so very sorry for your loss and more for the way you have been treated. It is unfortunate that LE do tend to ignore mentally ill and substance abuse missing.

Perhaps you should reach out to a Senator for your state to help?
Thank you. I have reached out to every level of legislature, law enforcement, called in every favor anyone in my family possibly ever could have owed to them, called Homeland Security, I've been on podcasts multiple times and nothing has helped to make the law enforcement community in Delaware be able to see past the issues that they clearly use to determine who is worthy of an investigation and who is not.

I don’t know that I have anything to say to be of help, but I just wanted to say I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother. And that you’ve been left with so many questions and so little support from people who should be helping.

Have you tried contacting organisations that support unhoused people who might have some leverage? Or local media, the News Journal, local tv news, local YouTubers? I think that could help apply some pressure.

Btw, I grew up in Wilmington, well, mostly in Newport. I live on the other side of the world now. But this feels very close to home. I hope you get the answers you deserve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back