DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
docwho3
QUOTE:
wording
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonderingThings
You mean the 75 instead of the 76? They've had lots of time to correct that information and they never have. Perhaps its not wrong, perhaps its what it said.
No, I meant the shirt in the pic having that totally different wording on its front than the description of the shirt said.

To me that is a rather large difference.

The difference over 75 versus 76 is not a major differernce but the front of that shirt in the pic is obviously completely different,
than saying ''Coor's America's light beer'' as the text describes on more than one website....................................................
IMO:
It would be a very Big difference saying the front was the back and the back was the front when discussing BULLET HOLES...:bang:

No, you didn't run everyone off....I am just super busy at work and don't have time to sift through all this again right now. I haven't had time to do anything but read some threads on here and post some short answers. Hopefully soon things will ease up at work and I'll have time for this again.

Unfortunately, the guy at the KOA Campground who reportedly played pool with John Doe has since died. But I don't know how much time elapsed between the time the couple stayed at KOA and when they were murdered either.

I found this strange,
there are 2 different women being listed as being married to Lonnie George Henry in Anson Co, N.C....and 1 son being born About 1946

I have found nothing about the other son ( born about 1946) dying/drowning in the PeeDee or any time....can anyone help with his?

It's been said L. Henry had 2 sons, I've found only 1 with his last name... the other with Lang as the last name??

Lonnie Henry LANG - U.S. Social Security Death Index...Father Lonnie Henry....Anson Co...see post # 457
Birth: 1 Aug 1948...... Death: 13 Sep 2008

Could Ruby Brower Lang have remarried and Lonnie's son was adopted or took the last name of her husband?

Quote:
Lonnie George Henry
Husband

Birth:
Christening:
Marriage:
Death:
Burial:

Wife:
Doris Horne

Children
1. Lonnie George Henry
Pedigree

Male
Event(s):
Birth:
About 1946 , Anson, North Carolina
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
-------------------
Parents:
Father: Lonnie George Henry
Family
Mother: Doris Horne

Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter.

I found this: QUOTE:

Lonnie George Henry
Husband

Birth:
Christening:
Marriage:
Death:
Burial:

Wife:
Doris Horne

Children
1. Lonnie George Henry
Pedigree

Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
-------------------
Parents:
Family

Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter.

This doesn't say much. I couldn't find a marriage record for Lonnie Sr. WTH with the records in NC??? I DO NOT believe Lonnie Sr. was LDS...

Fairy...Correct me if I'm wrong...
I have always understood the Mormon Church in Utah has kept the best Ancestral Record on family ancestors in the country....I'm fairly sure a person does NOT have to be a member of the LDS to be in the genealogy files...:read:

You don't. I use to be a memeber of the break away branch of the LDS church. I was always told anybody could get information.

I wanted to add another possibility. Maybe if someone isn't reported missing it might be they were kidnapped as an infant. I'm sure that's a long shot but who knows. I posted on the cold case forum that Seif B. ? ( not sure of the spelling of the last name. ), who was kidnapped as a baby, would be about same age as Jock Doe of Jock and Jane Doe.

I found this strange,
there are 2 different women being listed as being married to Lonnie George Henry in Anson Co, N.C....and 1 son being born About 1946

I have found nothing about the other son ( born about 1946) dying/drowning in the PeeDee or any time....can anyone help with his?

It's been said L. Henry had 2 sons, I've found only 1 with his last name... the other with Lang as the last name??

Lonnie Henry LANG - U.S. Social Security Death Index...Father Lonnie Henry....Anson Co...see post # 457
Birth: 1 Aug 1948...... Death: 13 Sep 2008

Could Ruby Brower Lang have remarried and Lonnie's son was adopted or took the last name of her husband?

Quote:
Lonnie George Henry
Husband

Birth:
Christening:
Marriage:
Death:
Burial:

Wife:
Doris Horne

Children
1. Lonnie George Henry
Pedigree

Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
-------------------
Parents:
Family

A lot of the postings for Social Security information on different geology web sites is inaccurate or they do not even have the listing for some one who has died. It's not Social Security's list It's the web sites list. I do searches and have for years I found this out because of all the searches I have done. If you had access to the library near where Lonnie lived you'd be able to find out all kinds of information. A copy of the police report would also help.

Let's think = psychic = what could be so scarey now? or when was the psychic speaking of the crime? now or then?
I don't see how any information regarding this crime could be scarey now, unless the person responsable or those that know of the crime now are in a place of power.
Just trying to reason why she acted that way and find out when she did act that way over what she saw in her visions.
bluestarzz

Sometimes the images psychics see can be so horrifying you just can't go on.

JMO! I have lurked for a while in and this is my first post in this forum. I agree that they are not American. I lived abroad in Germany for year in college and they do seem European, French Canadian OR even maybe from South America, for example, Brazil, Argentina or Venezuela, those countries with European influences. This may be why there has been such a hard time identifying them. Another thought I had was I am a native North Carolinian with a ton of family in this part of South Carolina. Even though they were shot on a "frontage road" of I-95 which was a "dirt road" I do believe they were killed by someone who was either a native, had family in the area or a truck driver familiar with this area. Back in the 1970s, this part of South Carolina was still VERY rural, even though it was near I-95. South Carolina STILL has a lot of dirt roads, most would not travel down those today without knowing for certain where they went. Another point I wanted to make that in the Carolinas (North and South), most of the population was still native in the 1970s, we did not have the influx of out of state people moving in until the late 1980's-2000s. The suspect mentioned from Anson County, NC could have family or worked in this area. Anson County, NC borders South Carolina. Many North Carolinians traveled to Myrtle Beach back then and today through these counties and I-95 in Florence, SC. Again, this is just a gut feeling because it was so rural back then, I just believe someone did this who was from the area or knew the area.

MJH...You're definitely right..

IF Lonnie Henry had a .38/357 pistol that had been given to him 4-5 yrs. earlier by his brother, and Henry had recently filed the serial numbers off this pistol, and it was proven to be the MURDER weapon, either HE murdered that couple or he knew WHO did....and why...so why wasn't the "Smoking Gun trail " followed up on?

Henry caught Drunk driving and carrying a concealed weapon with the serial numbers filed off is a FELONY...
does anyone find it very strange that LE/ investigators or who ever let Mr. Henry walk??? I suspect LH knew 'something' on someone in LE so he was allowed to walk...jmo
Something wasn't RIGHT with this case from the very beginning...

MJH...You're definitely right..

Henry caught Drunk driving and carrying a concealed weapon with the serial numbers filed off is a FELONY...
does anyone find it very strange that LE/ investigators or who ever let Mr. Henry walk??? I suspect LH knew 'something' on someone in LE so he was allowed to walk...jmo
Something wasn't RIGHT with this case from the very beginning...

I agree. It does seem strange, I am going to talk to an attorney from this area in NC who is in his eighties but has all his wits about him and see if he remembers Mr. Henry or the case. See what his take is on it since he was a criminal defense attorney at that time and may know of Mr. Henry.

I agree. It does seem strange, I am going to talk to an attorney from this area in NC who is in his eighties but has all his wits about him and see if he remembers Mr. Henry or the case. See what his take is on it since he was a criminal defense attorney at that time and may know of Mr. Henry.

Sorry no such luck, attorney doesn't remember Mr. Henry or him in court in the judicial district for Anson County, NC back then. Maybe he got away with all his criminal activity around there too.

I cannot find anything at all about Lonnie Sr's son drowning. Nor can I find his marriage records, death record, etc. Maybe too long ago, but it's been impossible to find any real details about this family!!! So frustrating. I can understand if Lonnie, Jr. wanted to change his name after this case came into the press. ButI can't find anything at all to substantiate that! Still, I believe, in my heart, that someone in Lonnie, Sr's family knows what happened to these kids....

Most of the information (birth,death and marriage records) you are looking for is too new to be listed on-line. The really old stuff for genealogy is there if you are searching for ancestors If somebody could go to the library there and look at old newspapers they'd probably find out a lot about the Henry family. You might even try calling there and tell someone you are from out of town and you are searching You might get lucky and get someone to look.

I tried looking these records up on the local library sites....you have to have a card! Anyone????? I'm in Las Vegas and to do not have a NC library card..

I have a NC library card, tell me what to do

I would look for any old newspaper articles concerning this case or the Henry family if possible. Look for the article about the son drowning. You might find some information we don't know about already. I don't remember can we get a copy of the police report on this one? :waitasec:

It appears South Carolina Jock & Jane Doe were profiled on a Canadian TV Show on June 13 2008 I just watched the show and I am just thrilled. I truely hope someone from Canada recoginzes them and this can be solved wouldn't that just be great.

This show seems to be a kind of Americans Most Wanted for the Toronto and surrounding Ontario area.

It is callled GTA's Most Wanted, and it seems the Police there now how these two listed on THEIR cases of missing and unidentifieds isnt that GREAT!!!!!

Here is a link to the show it is the beginning thru about 9 min 30 seconds

http://www.rogerstv.com/get.asp?lid=121&rid=51&sid=2520&mid=8&arid=51&sor=2&oth=1&gid=28086

Here is a link to the Ontario Police site listing these tooooo WOOOO HOOO

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/uclist/index.htm

wow! i just watched the telly prog & had been wondering if it had ever been featured on a crime prog in Canada--ace! i wonder if it has been featured in any others in Canada?

i was also reading the article posted in the 'Media' thread...why the devil did Unsolved Mysteries reject featuring it??? i used to love watching that prog & even watched the repeats when i first moved to the UK several years ago. seems like a perfect mystery for them to feature!

that police link isn't working though & when you go to the homepage & follow the 'missing/unidentifed' link, it directs you to this link:

http://www.missing-u.ca/qryUI_Intro/MPUB.aspx

am looking through it now............

I also found information on the KOA campgrounds from old newspaper articles from 75 and 76 where they were promoting something called the rent a tent program. w here people could just come and camp and really didnt need to bring much with them. They were also saying how cheap it was to stay there and listing all the cool things they had, like billiards, etc. I looked on koa website and there are 2 really close to Lupton NM and both are right along the old route 66 I dont know if they were there in 76.

I was thinking about the KOAs & how the article in 'Media links' mentioned how clean the two were, like they had showered & all. I was a teenager through most of the 70s (15 in 76) & my parents initially had a VW pop-top camper and then when we moved to Colorado, they eventually replaced that with a Winnebago. Anyway, we used to do roadtrips for our vacations & used to stay in the good ol' KOAs all over the place. I remember that they definitely had tent areas, though I can't say if they hired them out, but that wouldn't surprise me. AND they always seemed to have showering facilities.

Also, someone several pages back made the point about witness's recall accuracy, regarding Mr Batson coming forward later on & saying that he remembered the couple. I sort of feel that it's more plausible that he is remembering the Does, because he spent a considerable amount of time with the KOA couple, rather than just meeting them on the fly or whatever. Not saying his memory was totally reliable (mine sure isn't :p), but it wasn't a brief encounter, so I feel it's more than probable that he is remembering the very same couple.

oh yeah, and the hairy legs! Man, I know I felt pressured into shaving mine back then! And I always used to hear that European women generally didn't because only '*advertiser censored*' would do such things. Sometimes 'hippy' type women wouldn't shave back then, either (or even today!).

ok...those are my thoughts for now, whatever they are worth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62