Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that McMinn is a Scottish sounding surname and Jock is a popular nickname amongst Scottish people. Is it known, yet, whether McMinn used the name Jock?

The NAIO and the term "fluted root canal" are probably obsolete by now. It confused me for a moment, but it appears that Tear Drop recently contacted Dr Hanna about the UIDs/McMinns and also linked an article that was from 1977 (when Dr Hanna initially consulted on the case). Very interesting!!

Thanks Elliotness for your vote of confidence. I too believe that there are too many dots that connect. The timeline is one of the most compelling pieces of evidence. Where the Mcminn's trail ends, the Sumter couple's trail starts within a week of one another! That is too much of a coincidence, not to mention the possible mole on Cordelia's cheek, the matching scars on Michael's shoulder, bushy eye brows, the same hair color, eye color and height, interesting similarites in theories about connections to drug smuggling and uncanny facial similarities!

If this does turn out to be a match I would be interested to know how they got from leaving Hawaii on a boat to South Carolina with out contacting family when they arrived back to the main land.

Also couldn't find "fluted root canal" earlier; is that standard jargon?

I am still trying to find out more about this fluted root canal. It is my understanding it is rare. I don't know if there is another term for it now. I will find out.

The John Doe also had an unusual dental acrylic called a kurapost. I haven't found anything about that online either. Dr. Hanna indicated that it was very rare as well at the time, and was only done out west. They don't use kuraposts anymore.

I couldn't find any mention of any dental product called kurapost. I wonder if it's spelled right. There is a product called CeraPost, a type of post used in root canals: http://www.kometdental.de/CeraPost-R.6362.0.html?&L=1

There is a Japanese company called Kuraray that entered the dental acrylics business in 1973, so the name or just the prefix Kura- might be valid.

It would also be nice to track down the article Dr. Hanna wrote about the teeth.

<snip preview: photo not found>http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t388/tmmcdan79/mcminnposter_zps600c8e2a.png

This is the original missing person&#8217;s poster for the Mcminns. There are some discrepancies between the poster and the NAMUS profile. I believe the original missing person&#8217;s poster is more accurate. I will be in contact with Lake Osewego PD to have this corrected.

Interesting to note that Cordelia's eye color is listed as blue on the missing person&#8217;s poster while the NAMUS profile has her eye color listed as hazel. The Jane Doe has the eye color listed as Blue/green. Could they be trying to describe the same eye color?

Also, Michael Mcminn's hair color was listed as black on the missing person&#8217;s poster, while the NAMUS profile has his color listed as dark brown. The John Doe's hair color is listed as brown. It is not uncommon for people with dark brown hair to be confused with some with black hair and vice versa.

Cordelia's height is listed as 5'7" on the missing person&#8217;s poster and 5'6" on NAMUS. The Jane Doe's height is listed as 5'5". It is not uncommon for small discrepancies like this.

Can anyone find the pics of the Jane and John Doe at the crime scene with a close up of their faces? I have seen them before, but now i am having trouble finding them.

Can anyone find the pics of the Jane and John Doe at the crime scene with a close up of their faces? I have seen them before, but now i am having trouble finding them.

There's a post in this area for media links. It's in there somewhere. I was just looking at them myself not too long ago.

The eye color thing - they could be trying to describe the same color. My eyes are officially "blue" but they are actually blue with a brown ring around the pupil and often look anywhere from pure blue to teal depending on lighting.

Like everyone else, I seem to be drawn back to this one. I have a couple questions. Cordelia's father worked for the Justice Department. Wouldn't it be likely that he would have exhausted all searches? Has anyone that we know of shown him any of the photos?

It seems to me that with all of this stuff all over the web, that he likely would have seen them. Assuming of course that he is still alive. Something just seems wrong with the McMinn avenue.

Wow, this is impressive and looks like a likely match to me. Good job, Tears!! Hope the confirmation comes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000