Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good thought....I did a search on that because I thought about the same, her maybe being a "pitch kitten" hahaha translated out of Duch...I couldn't find a photo but I found a lot of stuff about drugs traveling/crimes committed by "big guys" around that scene.

Is the word you're looking for groupie? A person that follows bands or race car drivers? Similar to Grateful Doe following the Grateful Dead

A good thought....I did a search on that because I thought about the same, her maybe being a "pitch kitten" hahaha translated out of Duch...I couldn't find a photo but I found a lot of stuff about drugs traveling/crimes committed by "big guys" around that scene.

Is the word you're looking for groupie? A person that follows bands or race car drivers? Similar to Grateful Doe following the Grateful Dead
I thought maybe "pitch kitten" referred to a model used to promote events or products. For instance, I was visiting a ski resort a few years ago, and a couple if attractive young women were handing out free T-shirts in order to promote a brand of bourbon. I could see someone calling them "pitch kittens."

The matchbook found in his pocket was from a truck stop in the mid west. Do we know when the race was going on in that area?

The matchbook found in his pocket was from a truck stop in the mid west. Do we know when the race was going on in that area?
There was some speculation that the matchbook came from the Grant's Truck Stop in Nebraska. (It could have come from a different location.) It doesn't look like there were any Camel GT Challenge races in that part of the country in '76. (The closest in '75 would have been at Mid-America Raceway in Wentzville, MO, on July 20th.)

Something like that, yes. I think you would call it a gridgirl.
"Gridgirls are entertainment models for racing events such as Grand Prix, Porsche Challenge Cup, Motor GP, etc. Gridgirls pose in the pit lane, or announce the start of the race with a flag. Gridgirls promote a brand or brand through customized costumes etc"

Colleen Wood was her name if memory correct (John Paul Sr. was his name)

He was born in Holland in 1939 as Hans-Johan Paul and later changed his name. Paul also had a wife who vanished in 1981, 18 years before Wood disappeared.

Do you think that the Greek Orthodox church might be helpful ?
No, simply because Greeks who are not actively religious would not of had much contact with a Greek Orthodox parish after say, first communion or confirmation (or Greek orthodox equivalent).

But.... maybe the Greek military. In the 1970s, Greece and Turkey were in a perpetual "stare down" with each other. Both nations took their militaries very seriously and had comprehensive active and reserve forces. And ironically, both nations used the "stare down" to justify repressive measures at home.

I think there is a good chance that registration or even service in Greek reserve forces could have been mandatory for Greek men. Thus, the Greek government may have a list in a dusty filing cabinet of Greeks who went AWOL from from their reserve military duties. They may also have a list of Greeks who asked to be formally excused due to moving out of the country.

The only trouble would be matching a name with somebody who drifted into the United States.

I have a question about one of the rings the female was wearing.It was turquoise with coral stone (I think) with what looked like a silver feather. Did the ring have any markings inside such as an initial or anything? I cannot find the info in the posts. Thanks.

I have a question about one of the rings the female was wearing.It was turquoise with coral stone (I think) with what looked like a silver feather. Did the ring have any markings inside such as an initial or anything? I cannot find the info in the posts. Thanks.

I found mine the other day. I have to compare it to hers.

The man seems to be wearing the more expensive jewelry, including his watch. Perhaps the woman's jewelry were gifts from him which would indicate that he was from a more well off family. I am no jewelry expert but estimate from some experience that his watch and ring probably cost around $200 each. My surmise would be that her rings were all worth less than $100 total. Turquoise and coral ring~$60-turquoise chip ring~$20-three place setting ring~$2.

The man seems to be wearing the more expensive jewelry, including his watch. Perhaps the woman's jewelry were gifts from him which would indicate that he was from a more well off family. I am no jewelry expert but estimate from some experience that his watch and ring probably cost around $200 each. My surmise would be that her rings were all worth less than $100 total. Turquoise and coral ring~$60-turquoise chip ring~$20-three place setting ring~$2.

Her rings were pretty cheap. I doubt I spent more then $10-$20 on mine

I agree that the missing girl facially resembles Jane Doe. However, the article reads that she left in the Spring of 1976 and contacted her family the Christmas of that year. That would have been 4 months after Jane & John Doe were found murdered. Also, the RCMP Investigator mentioned that he could put her on a bus to Winnepeg in 1977 which was the year after the murders.

While doing some research I came across the following.
George Henry and his uncle Charles Decar Henry married into the same family. They married sisters. This would make Charles Decar's son, Charles Franklin, first cousin by blood and nephew by marriage to George. I wonder how close they would have been? Their mothers being sisters and their father's being brothers.
I couldn't find much about Charles Franklin. But I did realize something while reading at find a grave. All the Henry family members have been left flowers and memorials by other family members, but not George or Charles Sr. It's almost like the rest of the family disowned them.
Does anybody have any information on Charles Franklin Henry Sr? It would be helpful to know his occupation.
This information came from the link below and find a grave.

http://files.usgwarchives.net/nc/anson/cemeteries/seago02.txt

While doing some research I came across the following.
George Henry and his uncle Charles Decar Henry married into the same family. They married sisters. This would make Charles Decar's son, Charles Franklin, first cousin by blood and nephew by marriage to George. I wonder how close they would have been? Their mothers being sisters and their father's being brothers.
I couldn't find much about Charles Franklin. But I did realize something while reading at find a grave. All the Henry family members have been left flowers and memorials by other family members, but not George or Charles Sr. It's almost like the rest of the family disowned them.
Does anybody have any information on Charles Franklin Henry Sr? It would be helpful to know his occupation.
This information came from the link below and find a grave.

http://files.usgwarchives.net/nc/anson/cemeteries/seago02.txt

Good find but I'm not sure where you're aiming at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper