Year of BirthState LKA
John
McMinn1950Hawaii

Jane Doe:
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name
Last NameYear of BirthState LKA
CordeliaMcMinn1950Hawaii

You see a lot of people with no underwear in Paris? How, exactly?

I have seen that people think that hairy legs and no underwear is typical for Europeans. I would like to find out what this is based on. Can someone find statistics on this? Until then it is just people’s prejudices, not facts.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

hahahaha, good question? And about the hairy legs.....never saw my mother with hairy legs (considering those days) neither my grandmother and aunts. I don't know why people keep thinking this is typical European, because it's not. And we also don't smoke joints all day or wear wooden shoes.
icon7.png

I dunno. There's a danger we simply project our own stereotypes onto people who may have been completely different to what we imagine we see. What makes someone look "French" as opposed to "Italian" or "Greek"? What makes someone look "Polish" as opposed to "Romanian" or "Serbian"? There have been such dramatic population movements and migrations in mainland Europe that most people across the continent are generally mongrels.

Yes and no. For centuries, most Europeans tended to live and die in the areas where they were born. Migrations to the cities and to different parts of a country of origin- let alone to a different nation is common today, but is a recent trend.

In short, there are national or regional looks in Europe, but they are fading. I can tell French from Dutch / German (well, usually anyways). This was especially so in my youth when southern French still tended to have meditarean looks. As for Romanians, many, but not all, have Latin features.

Then factor in that humans are.... humans. As such, some people have developed pretty good, but not perfect ways to differentiate themselves from others. I have read that Catholic and Protestant northern Irish during The Troubles could each other apart with pretty good (but by no means perfect) accuracy by looking for subtle differences in size, complection and hair color that would point towards either Anglo Saxon or Celtic backgrounds.

hahahaha, good question? And about the hairy legs.....never saw my mother with hairy legs (considering those days) neither my grandmother and aunts. I don't know why people keep thinking this is typical European, because it's not. And we also don't smoke joints all day or wear wooden shoes.
icon7.png
I'm always curious what people would assume about me if I was found as a Jane Doe. They would probably think I was a homeless vagrant with zero access to a razor or nail clipper and from Europe.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I’ve emailed the co founders of DDP before. They really, really like it when investigators are the ones to reach out first. That proves that they are already interested and the co founders don’t have to reach out. Has anyone reached out to the investigators on this case about it? If not, please do and include the email for DDP. It makes it so much more likely that they’ll be included.

Also, they’re still taking volunteers. If you have the time you should offer to volunteer for them, it may make it so that they can take on more cases.

This is an interesting point about investigators being the ones to reach out first. With all the cover up theories in this case (I have a few of my own)just this decision alone will make a statement, at least to me. If they accept the help and no other government agency steps in to stop it, then this would somewhat diminish those theories. But if they refuse , I would have to wonder why.

I emailed the Sumter County PD today. I imagine DDP has already reached out to them but I let them know about the non-profit just in case.

I emailed the Sumter County PD today. I imagine DDP has already reached out to them but I let them know about the non-profit just in case.

Thank you very much! Hopefully they will be willing to cooperate with the DNA Doe Project. I have a strong feeling DNA can solve this case.

I agree Triss!
Such recognizable faces....yet, never identified.

You see a lot of people with no underwear in Paris? How, exactly?

I have seen that people think that hairy legs and no underwear is typical for Europeans. I would like to find out what this is based on. Can someone find statistics on this? Until then it is just people’s prejudices, not facts.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

No underwear and hairy legs are typical as I have said before for people that travel around the country. As a teenager I followed phish. In my everyday life I shaved and wore underwear most of the time. Traveling though didn’t always provide easy laundry or access to shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No underwear and hairy legs are typical as I have said before for people that travel around the country. As a teenager I followed phish. In my everyday life I shaved and wore underwear most of the time. Traveling though didn’t always provide easy laundry or access to shave.

Also as I’ve stated I really think we should be looking at Grateful Dead shows and pics from that time period.

Thank you very much! Hopefully they will be willing to cooperate with the DNA Doe Project. I have a strong feeling DNA can solve this case.

You're welcome! I reached out to the contact person in their department for the Sumter Does and he said he forwarded my email on to the sheriff on Monday. Haven't heard back so I have a feeling the sheriff is well aware of DDP which is great news.

I think this couple looks like they are from South America or Italy. They have an extreme amount of dental work for being so young. My bet is s poor South American country. I bet they came into some big money and got the dental work.

I think this couple looks like they are from South America or Italy. They have an extreme amount of dental work for being so young. My bet is s poor South American country. I bet they came into some big money and got the dental work.
We know that Jacques was fluent in English, and all of the couple's known belongings were from North America. I could buy South American or Italian ancestry for the woman, but I don't see it with Jacques.

Hi everybody, welcome little bear2, interesting you knew Delores well. Maybe someone can make a thread for Delores (as far there is none) so Little Bear can share more info and we can help him/her to find Delores.

I typically go through all threads before I chime in. Finally arrived here to find - 81 pages! :eek:I'll get to those in a minute I reckon. In 42 yrs has ANY form of isotope testing been done? Hair, teeth, bone, any?
Authorities thought they had their best lead yet when, about four months after the slayings, police found the gun they believe was the murder weapon.
A North Carolina man suspected of driving drunk was arrested while traveling through Latta, S.C. Police say they found a gun that had part of its serial number filed off in the man's car. The gun, believed to have been stolen, was sent to the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) for examination. SLED experts said the bullets taken from that gun matched those retrieved from the bodies.
A Murder Weapon — Handsome mystery couple found murdered in South Carolina — Crime Library
BBM - They were the same type / weight / size bullets? OR they put it through ballistics + matched up striations so they could ONLY have been fired from that gun? Maybe I'm being daft but it doesn't sound that way to me, bullets taken from the gun, not fired from the gun or tested or markings were a perfect match. Taken. Does anyone know?
My ballistics expertise comes straight off the telly. :D

I've looked at every possible match you all have posted (nice work! + thank you anyone who has posted pics) + many others along the way, until I don't know what I look like for certain now. There were a couple I thought excellent plausibles. I don't want to rehash. NamUs listed only the McMinns as ruled out. I couldn't find anything like that on the SC LE site, are there others that have been officially ruled out or is there a list of what has already been officially submitted? I saw a thread for this but after going through most of the discussion, that can't be nearly complete? TYIA for any assistance + I'll be back in a month or 3 when I've finished "catching up".

I just realised that this Jane Doe resembles princess Madeleine of Sweden a lot. Initially I was sure she was either south American or Middle Eastern, but she could be from so many places around the world! It's hard to pinpoint just one location.

Isn't this strange. I like to teach etc. add, This is made in Rome with locals. The "head" singers shots were made on a racetrack. The woman in the back is English and worked as an au pair in Rome, she is still alive. But who is the guy? Couldn't find anything on him. He has the "looks".

Hi guys... haven't been here on WS's for quiet some time, but this case has been frequently in my thoughts recently. I am just THRILLED to hear about the DDP, and the possibility that the Sumter Does may be analyzed!!! I have always believed this case is one that just HAS to be solved at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75