Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sumter County Sheriff Anthony Dennis says the man was from Pennsylvania and the woman was from Wisconsin. Dennis plans to release their names on Wednesday.

News 19 has also learned that the case was solved after bone marrow samples helped to identify the victims.

Investigators say family members of both the victims have been notified.
Victims of shooting 44 years ago identified in Sumter County | wltx.com

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I keep on reloading the page like crazy in hope there will be more information on our couple! And yeah, good point everyone, why did they say there would be a press conference at 11AM knowing there's an inauguration going on at the same time? And now we're left with no press conference and no news about when to expect one :/

Last edited by a moderator:
14188541_533063203551046_2855065533310682977_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/SumterMysteryCouple/photos/a.519991064858260/533063203551046/

View attachment 280223
I keep on reloading the page like crazy in hope there will be more information on our couple! And yeah, good point everyone, why did they say there would be a press conference at 11AM knowing there's an inauguration going on at the same time? And now we're left with no press conference and no news about when to expect one :/

Im doing the same, I keep checking socia media too and nothing!!
The inauguration doesnt really matter to me (British)

I went back to Thread 1. Lots of interesting info, even if much of it is probably not true. I wonder if JPF will be his initials.

Does anyone have any idea how two people can be executed, both shot in back, chest, and throat at close range, unless they were tied up or drugged into unconsciousness, both of which don’t seem to be likely, unless LE hid the info, which would be likely.

I feel that they were shot and killed by someone they were hitching a ride with. I wouldn't be surprised if he told them to turn their backs to him to steal their wallets, then shot them in the back, dragged their bodies across the ground and then shot them in the chest and throat to make sure they were dead. Also possible that he asked them to turn their backs to him if he was urinating or something and then the same series of events unfolded. Either way I think one of the gunshots would've been enough to kill each of them (in the locations they were at) and he shot them two extra times just "to be sure".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3