Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Claireishere found pictures of a young woman who looks a lot like SC Jane Doe. Her name is Pamela Buckley. There is a WS thread for Pamela Mae Buckley missing from Colorado Spirngs in Dec 1975. She is on namus but has no photos. There have been photos posted on that thread of Pamela Rae Buckley but it turned out to not be her. Claireishere found photos of Pamela Mae Buckley who looks like SC Jane Doe but was from Redwood Falls Minnesota. She must have died before 2008 because she is listed in her father's obituary as deceased. That's where the name came from.

Why does the title thread say Identified?
Yet I can’t see any names in this thread unless I am looking past it?
TIA

I don't see anything about a press conference on the sheriff's office page, is this just a link she provided to show who she contacted?

It was same as here...everyone anticipating a presser. She provided the link saying 2 PM, then clarified in a subsequent comment that it would be tomorrow -- not today -- and she knew that based on calling the sheriff's office.

The Grateful Doe subreddit is not highly trafficked anymore. It is people who have a genuine specialized interested in this topic, identifying Does. I don't see hit and run nonsense in that forum. That's why I gave weight to her info and decided to mention it here.

Apparently the sheriff's department gave her that link toward where the presser can be viewed.

It's also possible that DNA Doe Project noted the inaccuracies and contacted authorities to make sure everything is correct during the presser. That might have caused a delay.

Also tomorrow is better anyway, toward greater publicity and not getting swamped. Likewise I kind of felt bad that Pecos Jane Doe happened to be identified on the same day news broke regarding Sumter County Does. The Pecos Jane Doe threads -- at least elsewhere -- did not receive as many replies as I would have expected.

It was same as here...everyone anticipating a presser. She provided the link saying 2 PM, then clarified in a subsequent comment that it would be tomorrow -- not today -- and she knew that based on calling the sheriff's office.

The Grateful Doe subreddit is not highly trafficked anymore. It is people who have a genuine specialized interested in this topic, identifying Does. I don't see hit and run nonsense in that forum. That's why I gave weight to her info and decided to mention it here.

Apparently the sheriff's department gave her that link toward where the presser can be viewed.

Oh, I was just confused as to why she linked to the Facebook page without any updates. I didn't think she was lying or anything.

I kinda see a resemblance and I kinda don't? I'm going back and forth, but I'm thinking probably not. Does anybody know the details of Ms Buckley's disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha