Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been looking around Uruguay and Argentina’s political disappeared during the 70’s. I saw the picture of this couple:

Attachments

• 3A7E8BFB-67A5-433C-97D8-D1D73757606B.png
    3A7E8BFB-67A5-433C-97D8-D1D73757606B.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 12FB8AEE-20FF-4119-B21B-93CF5A1667D8.png
    12FB8AEE-20FF-4119-B21B-93CF5A1667D8.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 177
I’ve been looking around Uruguay and Argentina’s political disappeared during the 70’s. I saw the picture of these two:

According to the DNA Project, this couple is still (pending)....does that seem like a long time or am I just impatient or going stir crazy from the Covid 19 virus? ....or all the above?
Probably both. It may be like with Julie Doe where they're having issues getting enough dna to put into the system. Could be something with the lab closing due to Covid.

It’s hard
Is she missing the moles?
I can't quite tell from the pic
is hard to tell. There’s a lot of shadow on side where the moles should be. Also, she might be wearing make up to disguise it. They disappeared the same year as the does and he was a a medicine student.
Is she missing the moles?
I can't quite tell from the pic

According to the DNA Project, this couple is still (pending)....does that seem like a long time or am I just impatient or going stir crazy from the Covid 19 virus? ....or all the above?

I wonder if they would make one an active case while leaving the other as pending?

That would be sad, since they died together and have always been viewed as a pair. I just wanted to mention the possibility, in case one DNA sample is more workable than the other.

Besides, if one is identified seemingly there's a decent chance a surviving relative or friend could identify the other. I think I mentioned that in the video I filmed on Locklair Road.

I read the witness testimony from the trial in Argentina and their bodies were never found. Also, there is no record of them being in prison, jail, concentration houses, etc. However, they left a 1 year old with their families when they were taken and apparently this Jane Doe never gave birth or had evidence of a C-sec according to the medical examiner.

I assume that they are not listed in any database of the missing persons for whatever reason. It has been so long, websleuths are diligent, many forum members have a trained eye to discern facial features, but no avail. This says something to me. Just think of Lyle Stevik and other individuals who were not reported missing. Yet luckily we will hear soon who they were.

The DNA Doe Project are currently, actively working on this case after it was submitted in 2019,- according to a video on YouTube, uploaded 2weeks ago. The content of that video says that the female was obviously younger than the male and she had 3 distinctive moles, 2 on her left cheek and 1 on her right cheek. Also, a mole behind her right leg, near to the calf. And that she had fillings in aaall of her back teeth!! Also, it says Jock was in the middle of a full dental restoration! It mentions that the suspect who was from North Carolina but was arrested in South Carolina with the murder weapon, he underwent a lie detector test which proved he was telling the truth about having not been their killer. But also, it proved he was lying about how he came into possession of the gun. (there is no mention of any brother nor of him being gifted it via a brother) The serial numbers had been scratched off but were able to be retrieved and so the weapon was proven to have been stolen by a group of thieves during a robbery in the Raleigh Durham area, 1974. There is also mention of the high level of corruption at the time, amongst the agencies within the area of where the bodies had been discovered. This involved the Mayor and LE, to name a few! With 1 officer even murdering a Chief officer not long before this happened. - I'm not sure what, if any relevance any of that info has regarding this case though?. The video is dedicated: In Memory of Verna Moore 1926-2017. (who as chief coroner at the time, worked closely on this case and also in the years that followed. worked hard to have both identified).-
I personally cannot speak for all of us in here but some of this content is news to me. X

The DNA Doe Project are currently, actively working on this case after it was submitted in 2019,- according to a video on YouTube, uploaded 2weeks ago. The content of that video says that the female was obviously younger than the male and she had 3 distinctive moles, 2 on her left cheek and 1 on her right cheek. Also, a mole behind her right leg, near to the calf. And that she had fillings in aaall of her back teeth!! Also, it says Jock was in the middle of a full dental restoration! It mentions that the suspect who was from North Carolina but was arrested in South Carolina with the murder weapon, he underwent a lie detector test which proved he was telling the truth about having not been their killer. But also, it proved he was lying about how he came into possession of the gun. (there is no mention of any brother nor of him being gifted it via a brother) The serial numbers had been scratched off but were able to be retrieved and so the weapon was proven to have been stolen by a group of thieves during a robbery in the Raleigh Durham area, 1974. There is also mention of the high level of corruption at the time, amongst the agencies within the area of where the bodies had been discovered. This involved the Mayor and LE, to name a few! With 1 officer even murdering a Chief officer not long before this happened. - I'm not sure what, if any relevance any of that info has regarding this case though?. The video is dedicated: In Memory of Verna Moore 1926-2017. (who as chief coroner at the time, worked closely on this case and also in the years that followed. worked hard to have both identified).-
I personally cannot speak for all of us in here but some of this content is news to me. X

Interesting video. The reference that struck me was 400 meters from location of the bodies to I-95. I'm always amazed on these true crime cases how certain distances become accepted and then another version shows up years or decades later. The 400 meters didn't make sense to me until I realized it has to be a diagonal measure to the closest spot as I-95 peels away gradually to the northwest.

Note the tall trees in the distance at the right side of this photo. I-95 is immediately on the other side of those trees and running parallel to the tree line.

Imgur

I believe the murder site was on the right side of that photo, not far from the intersection. If you measure diagonally to I-95 across the open field then yes it is probably 400 meters or thereabouts. But since I-95 continues to peel away, by the time the exit ramp shows up it is nearly 3/4 of a mile drive to reach Locklair Road.

IMO, the farming field on the right side was expanded after 1976. That's why the area looks more open than the one available photo from the day the bodies were discovered. Also the trees near the intersection gave way to disease. The steady decline is obvious from online views of that intersection over the years. When I arrived last October I was somewhat surprised so many trees near the intersection were intact and looking healthy.

BTW, I originally drove Locklair Road from the other side, trying to get a feel for possibilities of the murder site. The only other area that looked possible based on the 1976 photo was near the middle of Locklair, which runs 1.2 miles. That other possibility would have been straight ahead on the prior photo until it connects with the tall tree line. Before realizing the intersection area was more sensible, I filmed a video from that spot near the center. I will post it here below. I said almost exactly the same things as the video I eventually posted here and to YouTube. The problem with this site is that I-95 is so close, less than 50 yards away from Locklair. Note in the video that not only is the traffic noise considerable but also at one point there's a brief flash of a northbound truck. If the murders had been within yards of I-95 I'm sure that would have been frequently mentioned. Plus there are no homes nearby to hear the shots, and far less likely a hermit or truck driver would venture all the way to the remote center of Locklair as opposed to the more traveled area at the intersection.

The visuals from these two links look more familiar to the 1976 photo but they need to be set aside in favor of big picture logic. The 400 meters reference makes me more confident that the area near the intersection is correct. This would be more like 40 meters:

Imgur

Right guys, who in here can read dental charts?? Because I dont have a clue, although I think I do see 2 very similar charts. The less neat one with the word MALE on belongs to Jock Doe. The neater chart belongs to a man named Maxwell Allen Graham. Missing from Pinewood, Sumter County, SC.. there is 1 snag, Maxwell is reported as gone missing in Aug 1978! X

Attachments

• MAGraham_dentals.jpg
    MAGraham_dentals.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 198umsc_dentals2.jpg
    198umsc_dentals2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 156
  • MAGraham.jpg
    MAGraham.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 46
Right guys, who in here can read dental charts?? Because I dont have a clue, although I think I do see 2 very similar charts. The less neat one with the word MALE on belongs to Jock Doe. The neater chart belongs to a man named Maxwell Allen Graham. Missing from Pinewood, Sumter County, SC.. there is 1 snag, Maxwell is reported as gone missing in Aug 1978! X
I am not a dentist but I can tell something which might point out to the fact that these men are not the same person. If we look at the teeth number 7 from the right (the lateral incisor), both men have indeed two fillings in the same tooth which look astonishingly similar. On the other hand, Maxwell Allen Graham seems to have a filling in his canine tooth, whereas Jock Doe has a filling in the central incisor.

Thank you both for replying. I've been researching the abbreviations used in dentistry and so have come to realise that Jock had at least 8 teeth missing. And I know dental work is expensive but for LE to stress, in their bid to identify him, that Jock had received all this elaborate, high end treatment, I really expected to see a bit of gold, porcelain. Veneers even! And I may very well be wrong but after glaring at loadss of similar charts, I fail to see the uncommon, unique practice, that is so often mentioned in this case X

I'm sure it's much different today, but for a long time, it was common knowledge that Quebecers had the worst dental hygiene of all citizens of Canada, even sometimes compared to third world countries. We've tossed around the idea that this couple could have come from Quebec in the past.

I'm sure it's much different today, but for a long time, it was common knowledge that Quebecers had the worst dental hygiene of all citizens of Canada, even sometimes compared to third world countries. We've tossed around the idea that this couple could have come from Quebec in the past.
Many suggest that the bad teeth often associated particularly with Montrealers, is because the water is non- fluoridated, imo, speculation. rbbm.
Opinion: It's time for Montreal to fluoridate its drinking water | Montreal Gazette
May 10, 2017
''We don’t even need to look far for confirmation of these claims. A 2016 study showed that children in Dorval, a municipality that does fluoridate, had three times fewer cavities than children in municipalities in Greater Montreal that do not fluoridate. Other studies suggest that fluoridated water in Montreal could reduce cavities in children ages 0-9 by 25 per cent, and 20-40 per cent in the overall population.

Yet, most Montreal municipalities emulate the rest of Quebec in refusing to fluoridate the drinking water. In fact, a 2009 study showed that only 6.4 per cent of Quebec’s population enjoyed access to fluoridated water, and the City of Montreal has never fluoridated its water.''

Many suggest that the bad teeth often associated particularly with Montrealers, is because the water is non- fluoridated, imo, speculation. rbbm.
Opinion: It's time for Montreal to fluoridate its drinking water | Montreal Gazette
May 10, 2017
''We don’t even need to look far for confirmation of these claims. A 2016 study showed that children in Dorval, a municipality that does fluoridate, had three times fewer cavities than children in municipalities in Greater Montreal that do not fluoridate. Other studies suggest that fluoridated water in Montreal could reduce cavities in children ages 0-9 by 25 per cent, and 20-40 per cent in the overall population.

Yet, most Montreal municipalities emulate the rest of Quebec in refusing to fluoridate the drinking water. In fact, a 2009 study showed that only 6.4 per cent of Quebec’s population enjoyed access to fluoridated water, and the City of Montreal has never fluoridated its water.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper