Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James P Freund #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So cool that they were identified finally! FWIW, It was not uncommon for people to take off and leave spouses/children back then. The family courts were not very effective and it was not uncommon for men in particular to leave kids/wife and not pay a dime in child support. It happened to a few kids I grew up with. My father used to refer to men when they did that as "they went to get a loaf of bread". Not suggesting the male victim did so, but it was a lot harder to find people who left back then. (Obviously!) The ads in the paper about his estate might have been placed years later so that he could be declared legally deceased. I (think) you had to wait 7 years.

One big question that I have: The sheriff said that both were reported missing in 1975. But the bodies were found in August 1976. What happened between those dates?
Why were they originally reported missing??

They were apparently hitch hiking. Hopefully we will get more details on that.

Pamela used to be a travelling musician; I wonder if she went on the road in an attempt to restart her music career.

Why can't I find his age? Was James' age reported?

They were apparently hitch hiking. Hopefully we will get more details on that.

Pamela used to be a travelling musician; I wonder if she went on the road in an attempt to restart her music career.

And no cell phones for a few decades—it was easy to drift out of touch. And most times, people just drifted back in touch, with happy catching-up.

Finally, they have their names back! I hope they can rest a little easier now. More importantly, I hope they can figure out who did this to them and some sort of justice can be served.

Rest peacefully now James and Pamela!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member