Mystery Man Surveillance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, he is neither tall nor slender. Despite what press claims, these witnesses do not appear to describe the same man. The neighbor lady witness didn't recognize him.

I think motorcycle guy's ID is worthless. They just showed him this line up yesterday. And he picked the guy whose photos police have been showing around. So he knows what someone looks like from the photos and then picks him. Imagine that.

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2
Isn't the motorcycle dude's 15 minutes up?

Brian David Mitchell, in the Elizabeth Smart case, was remembered by her younger sister NOT because she was questioned by police - but because, in fact, she was left alone.

Only after a considerable period of time was she able to recall on her own, at which point she went to her parents.

Whatever it was that triggered her memory, I don't recall her parents ever refusing for LE to re-interview her.

Does anyone else believe that it is next to impossible for a person to have kidnapped a baby and then walked around the area for 4 hours? I can't see that happening in the wildest of scenarios.

But we don't know if the alleged person was walking around the whole 4 hrs just because there was a 4 hr span between sightings. It could be they stopped at one of the vacant houses that were mentioned to be in the area and went so far as to take a 3 hr nap.

But we don't know if the alleged person was walking around the whole 4 hrs just because there was a 4 hr span between sightings. It could be they stopped at one of the vacant houses that were mentioned to be in the area and went so far as to take a 3 hr nap.

These sightings aren't that close. I believe it takes about an hour to walk from supposed sighting 1 to supposed sighting 2. (and that probably was calculated without taking a 30 pound baby into account).

MT was shown the line-up photo montage on Oct. 24, according to his statements in this article (dated Oct. 25):

Mike Thompson, the witness who claims he saw a man carrying a baby on the side of the road around 4 a.m. the night Lisa disappeared told ABC News police questioned him again on Monday.

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2

"Jersey" was arrested Oct. 15 (9 days prior to MT "IDing" him), according to this article:

The handyman is known locally as “Jersey.” He was arrested Saturday on what police say are unrelated charges.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...an-arrested-questioned-missing-baby-lisa-case

Isabelle Zehnder is an approved journalist on WS.

After his arrest, there were photos of Johnny Tanko aka "Jersey" all over the internet.

Based on MT's statement, he had seen a picture of the alleged *mystery man* prior to being asked to ID him in the photo line-up. The question remains as to where he had seen this picture. It's possible he saw his photo on the news or online (as we all did after his arrest on Oct. 15).

As MT stated: "I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

Based on this, I consider MT's identification of "Jersey" as the "mystery man" to be worthless. I suspect LE considers MT's ID of him to be worthless, as well.

The warrant was served on Oct. 14th per the docket. It was issued on the 13th of Oct. per the docket, not the 15th. Examiner article is incorrect. Just wanted to point that out here.

10/14/2011 Warrant Served Document ID - 11-CYARW-1015; Served To - TANKO, JOHN S; Server - ; Served Date - 14-OCT-11; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served

Bond Set
$10,000.00 JS/aml

Warrant Issued
Document ID: 11-CYARW-1015, for TANKO, JOHN S.

Probable Cause Statement Filed

Complaint Filed (hmm)

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/

(search by litigants name JT) Also, the time the warrant was served has nothing to do with the date, Shawn Morgan's and others all say 00:00:00 on the site.

No, he is neither tall nor slender. Despite what press claims, these witnesses do not appear to describe the same man. The neighbor lady witness didn't recognize him.

Have you seen him before? I'd think the tall, slender balding guy would fit Lisa's dad, JI. JT on the other hand, I can't tell nor find his height nor weight online, so any info on that would be appreciated, he is balding though with a white t-shirt on..like a white t-shirt kind of guy. (wears one daily type dude possibly)

It would have to be the tall slender balding guy giving Lisa to the motorcycle guy's id of JT? Just isn't fitting. I still won't rule JT out due to other reasons...nor the parents as I don't think we know much and bold statements nor the press get it right all the time. jmo

I don't fully understand this last docket update for Jersey (updated today) but have an idea after reading this MO PD Limited Liability link as an example.

Are there any lawyers hanging out here that could explain. I don't want to put out my op without a lawyer representing me. Ha Ha!

Public Defender Determination of Indigency and Notice of Unavailability filed

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

IANAL, but I am a paralegal, and if you are asking what the notice of unavailability is, I can tell you. When an attorney is on a case, and expects there could be some appearances scheduled, and he/she already has something scheduled like a vacation or something, he/she will file a notice of unavailability with the court and all other parties so that they are all on notice not to schedule anything during that period. It is a courtesy that helps prevent scheduling headaches. If that wasn't your question, then I apologize in advance.

Have you seen him before? I'd think the tall, slender balding guy would fit Lisa's dad, JI. JT on the other hand, I can't tell nor find his height nor weight online, so any info on that would be appreciated, he is balding though with a white t-shirt on..like a white t-shirt kind of guy. (wears one daily type dude possibly)

It would have to be the tall slender balding guy giving Lisa to the motorcycle guy's id of JT? Just isn't fitting. I still won't rule JT out due to other reasons...nor the parents as I don't think we know much and bold statements nor the press get it right all the time. jmo

No, I have never seen him in person, LOL. But his height and weight is given with his photos. He is short and a little overweight according to the BMI calculation, and not "tall and slender."

Well, finally (we knew that!) an MSM acknowledgment (Dan Abrams, legal analyst) of inconsistencies between the accounts of the eyewitnesses that saw a man with a baby...near the end of this video from today:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/baby-lisa-parents-talk-14815791

No specifics, but they mentioned "man seen carrying a baby" and showed images of the motorcycle guy and the blob.

To me, this wording could mean at least five different scenarios:
  1. He had been shown a picture of Jersey by LE prior to coming forward with his statement. If so, the identification is suspect.
  2. He had gone internet sleuthing and found a picture of Jersey before coming forward. If so, also suspect.
  3. He knows Jersey at least by sight and identified him, knowing through media reports or local word of mouth that LE were circulating photos of someone who could be Jersey. If so, possibly suspect but has the potential for not being contaminated.
  4. He identified Jersey in the line up, and then was told by LE he identified someone they were investigating. This is not suspect.
  5. He identified Jersey in the line up, and then found out through media or local rumors that LE were circulating pictures of someone who sounds like Jersey. Also not suspect.

I think they are all possible, given the way he worded his statement. I would like to see in MSM whether he knows the man he identified, and whether he had been shown a photo of the man (either by LE or through other means) prior to viewing a line up. That will really help me evaluate his statement and sighting.

I came to a different idea tonight while watching some of the coverage of the "mystery" man on TV. Please forgive me if someone else has posted this idea first as I am way behind in reading posts. I think they had planned all the events of the night beforehand. The father disposed of the baby on his way to work or the day before. The mother has the neighbor over for supper and drinks as an alibi. She uses being drunk as a way out of why she didn't wake up when someone came in the house and stole the baby. They get either her brother or some other close family member who is male to walk around that night carrying a doll so that there would be at least ONE witness who say a man with a baby. That way they would never be accused of the crime when there were witnesses. They had the man walk around for quite a while just to make sure there was more than one witness. They were very smart as it seems all the press has bought it. It sounds like a perfect movie plot. The man walking around with the doll wore a white shirt to be noticed easier. It all makes sense that way. Why else would he be sighted in several areas over a span of hours? And be so noticable? I think the baby will never be found and they will never cooperate any more with the police.

I want to add that I think the baby died from abuse and that is why they cannot take the chance trying to say it was an accident.

They would need a life-size doll and they would need to put a diaper on it. And what was the plan if the man was stopped by someone? What would the explanation be for carrying around a doll over a 3 or 4 mile area? And as far as the man who claims he saw a guy carrying a baby at approx. 4:00 am - that area looked well-traveled. Has anyone else come forward claiming to see this mystery man and baby/doll? Even at that hour, surely there was traffic at that intersection.

<modsnip>

I just don't know what to believe now.

Forgive me if this has been discussed and kindly point me in that direction...
The gas station video shows a man walking towards the camera then turning and walking away. To me, he bears a strong resemblance to JI. Has this been discussed?

They would need a life-size doll and they would need to put a diaper on it. And what was the plan if the man was stopped by someone? What would the explanation be for carrying around a doll over a 3 or 4 mile area? And as far as the man who claims he saw a guy carrying a baby at approx. 4:00 am - that area looked well-traveled. Has anyone else come forward claiming to see this mystery man and baby/doll? Even at that hour, surely there was traffic at that intersection.

<modsnip>

I just don't know what to believe now.

Who in the world would agree to walk around in the middle of the night with no coat on carrying a baby? I don't care how much I love my family I would NOT do that.

STANTON: Joy this is really interesting. Because the video in and of itself, it`s a guy -- let`s face it, he could have gone to the bathroom in the woods and walked out. What`s really compelling is that you have three separate witnesses all corroborating the same general description.

BEHAR: They saw this guy.

STANTON: They see a guy, thin build, complected (ph) with what they believe is a small infant walking. You have one like two miles from the home, then another three and then another four in a linear fashion. To me, this is chilling. Who walks around with a baby at 12:00, at 2:30, at 4:00 a.m.

BEHAR: Right. Somebody who might have kidnapped that baby.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/25/joy.01.html

Is there someone who says they saw a baby with the gas station blob?

FWIW...One Eyed Jacks, that "jersey" was kicked out of, is a neighborhood biker bar.
Maybe motorcycle guy remembers his face from the bar? JMHO

And the gas station with the "white blob" surveillance is next door to One Eyed Jacks.

While working on a timeline for the evening I viewed this surveillence video from several different sites and not one of them have either the time or date stamp on them. Has anyone seen one with those on it? I have never seen video surveillence footage that does not show this.

How do we even know this was on the evening in question, let alone at 2:15-2:30am? :waitasec:

While working on a timeline for the evening I viewed this surveillence video from several different sites and not one of them have either the time or date stamp on them. Has anyone seen one with those on it? I have never seen video surveillence footage that does not show this.

How do we even know this was on the evening in question, let alone at 2:15-2:30am? :waitasec:

If you are referring to the BP surveillance video, GMA said it was at 2:30 a.m.

Do the staff at the chicken restaurant near where LE was searching wear all-white outfits? The kitchen staff?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back