Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snip*

I don't see how a judge could possibly use speculation, from either side, the public, or even LE to make a decision of such magnitude, especially on behalf of those children. The judge simply would not do that. The judge did the smart thing and sent them to his chambers so they could hash it out themselves rather than dragging all this into the public.

This is my bottom line - none of this was admissable in reality. There was nothing to defend. The only way Brad could defend himself is to prove Nancy was alive - not that he was at a store at a certain time or not at a store at a different time. If he proved Nancy was alive at 7 am - the rest is moot.

My point here is that he felt compelled to defend himself, admissible or not. I would think it would be EXTREMELY difficult to see my name dragged through the mud (even if it were on a message board) and not defend myself. That's all I'm saying.

Wait! There's more!

...to me he looks less guilty by wanting to obtain this info...he's gotta be smart enough to know that they'll check ALL of the tapes, yes? I just gotta think that he wants to prove that he wasn't there at 4:00 (or 4:20 or whatever) buying BLEACH (oops now we're saying detergent).

Maybe I just want to believe him. I don't know why. But if he didn't do this....WOW...I can't even imagine what he's going through...

Please don't get aggravated with me as it is these kinds of conversations which bring out lots of points and the more we have the better - okay ?

I agree - there is no doubt in my mind he was defending himself since he put in caps - WELL AFTER DAWN when referencing this topic. However if his lawyer ever thought for a single minute about putting him on the stand during the custody hearing - he would be definitely dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't see how a judge could possibly use speculation, from either side, the public, or even LE to make a decision of such magnitude, especially on behalf of those children. The judge simply would not do that. The judge did the smart thing and sent them to his chambers so they could hash it out themselves rather than dragging all this into the public.

This is my bottom line - none of this was admissable in reality. There was nothing to defend. The only way Brad could defend himself is to prove Nancy was alive - not that he was at a store at a certain time or not at a store at a different time. If he proved Nancy was alive at 7 am - the rest is moot.
Who would be in the chambers. I'm thinking Brad and his attorney in one room; NC's family & Alice Stubbs in another. Would the judge be there? Did they have a mediator? Would LE be present or involved in any way? Something or someone change BC's mind in 90 minutes about persuing child custody...at least for the present. What was it and who delivered the information?

I wear a light golf jacket in the early mornings so really you guys are stretching. Fact is IF he really had scratches..(which one on here said they saw in news conference but I sure didn't see them) and IF he really bought bleach he would A) have been arrested and B) Bleach (which he says was bleach but regular detergent) still won't hide blood....period. If they had even one of the theories that some of you had he would have been arrested.

As for defending himself in the Affidavits... He absolutely had the right to defend himself in every way... those are his kids... and if innocent he has every right... I would fight my *advertiser censored* off to defend myself ...especially if I was innocent.

I think since he wore long sleeves it was speculation he had scratches. Maybe someone knows or saw something we didn't. I don't know and I don't know who posted it.

After my original post I came back on shortly after and stated it was not bleach and clarified it. I am positive I did and many know I did. The line could be retracted since it stated who told me, I don't know I haven't checked for it.

I totally disagree he would already be arrested if this purchase was made. Buying bleach, detergent or any item from HT only proves he is a liar.

Now if he bought nail clippers, lime green shoe laces, clorax wipes and a scrub brush...and she was found with lime green shoe laces, nails clipped back, scrubbed and cleaned. Then you might have an immediate arrest! IMO

My point here is that he felt compelled to defend himself, admissible or not. I would think it would be EXTREMELY difficult to see my name dragged through the mud (even if it were on a message board) and not defend myself. That's all I'm saying.

Wait! There's more!

...to me he looks less guilty by wanting to obtain this info...he's gotta be smart enough to know that they'll check ALL of the tapes, yes? I just gotta think that he wants to prove that he wasn't there at 4:00 (or 4:20 or whatever) buying BLEACH (oops now we're saying detergent).

Maybe I just want to believe him. I don't know why. But if he didn't do this....WOW...I can't even imagine what he's going through...

Absolutely agree... I wouldn't care less what ANYONE thought... I was innocent and those are my babies! The more innocent I am the more I FIGHT.

Did Brad always wear his wedding band?
It could be that sometime before the first press conference, he decided to put it on so everyone would think he was still concerned about Nancy and saving their marriage.
Just a thought.....

I would be willing to bet a man that was served divorce papers and in the process of dissolving the marriage would wear a wedding band.....interesting question .

I think since he wore long sleeves it was speculation he had scratches. Maybe someone knows or saw something we didn't. I don't know and I don't know who posted it.

After my original post I came back on shortly after and stated it was not bleach and clarified it. I am positive I did and many know I did. The line could be retracted since it stated who told me, I don't know I haven't checked for it.

I totally disagree he would already be arrested if this purchase was made. Buying bleach, detergent or any item from HT only proves he is a liar.

Now if he bought nail clippers, lime green shoe laces, clorax wipes and a scrub brush...and she was found with lime green shoe laces, nails clipped back, scrubbed and cleaned. Then you might have an immediate arrest! IMO

So are you are saying that IF he lied about going to HT at 4 am and bought bleach and had scratches on his arm he wouldn't be arrested all ready?

Wait! There's more!

I understand what you are saying - I really do. And all I am saying is the receipts don't prove he did not murder his wife. The only thing which would prove that is if Brad proved Nancy was alive and went for a run. That is the only thing that would prove his innocence, instead he chose to defend an inadmissable point about himself and his whereabouts.

All he had to do was produce one affidavit from someone who saw Nancy running at a location away from the house and after 7 am - and for purposes of the custody hearing - all the speculation about his whereabouts is refuted and irrelevant.

And if he is innocent - he sure is going through he l l no doubt.

Who would be in the chambers. I'm thinking Brad and his attorney in one room; NC's family & Alice Stubbs in another. Would the judge be there? Did they have a mediator? Would LE be present or involved in any way? Something or someone change BC's mind in 90 minutes about persuing child custody...at least for the present. What was it and who delivered the information?

I was not there but from what I have been told - the judge gave them his chambers to hash it out. Brad & attorney, plaintiffs and attorney. LE would not be there - civil matter. I do not take it the judge was even present.

Presumably, he told the cops the same time-line he published in his civil affidavit. If he was at the HT at 4:20 am buying anything and lied to the cops about that fact, it will play a huge part in the CE case the cops are apparently building. There is no logical explanation for the trip and it will be up to the jury to decide if the trip involved something sinister.

I was not there but from what I have been told - the judge gave them his chambers to hash it out. Brad & attorney, plaintiffs and attorney. LE would not be there - civil matter. I do not take it the judge was even present.
I'm guessing his attorneys had decided ahead of time the outcome of the hearing just to keep him off the stand. Maybe they realized after the fact that the defensive affidavit & rebuttal backfired.

So are you are saying that IF he lied about going to HT at 4 am and bought bleach and had scratches on his arm he wouldn't be arrested all ready?

Does going to a store at 4 am and lying about it prove he murdered his wife ?

Do scratches on his arm prove he murdered his wife ?

If both are true does it prove he murdered his wife ?

No DA is going to approve an arrest warrant on this alone. No he would not already be arrested because of one or both of these.

I'm guessing his attorneys had decided ahead of time the outcome of the hearing just to keep him off the stand. Maybe they realized after the fact that the defensive affidavit & rebuttal backfired.

No way Blum wanted Brad on the stand - he would have to answer questions about anything presented in the affidavits, including questions as to if he murdered his wife.

Her honor was in the courtroom on the 8th floor while the parties were meeting on the 4th floor.

Presumably, he told the cops the same time line he published in his civil affidavit. If he was at the HT at 4:20 am buying anything and lied to the cops about that fact, it will play a huge part in the CE case the cops are apparently building. There is no logical explanation for the trip and it will be up to the jury to decide if the trip involved something sinister.
When did he tell the cops his timeline? Before or after NC was found. Because he told a talk show host she went running between 6:30 & 7:00, which was aired before she was found. That time frame does not match what he told the cops

When did he tell the cops his timeline? Before or after NC was found. Because he told a talk show host she went running between 6:30 & 7:00, which was aired before she was found. That time frame does not match what he told the cops

I have no idea, but it was said he cooperated fully with the CPD. If I'm a cop, his whereabouts since 12 am would be the first question I would ask.

You are missing what I just said....I retracted the BLEACH right after my initial post. Period.
Scratches were not noted by me..never have I said I saw them or knew of them. Someone on here mentioned it, but not me. Period

IMO that still doesn't warrant an arrest for murder unless NC had DNA under her nails and it has come back to confirm it was BC and he has the scratches that many are wondering about.

Her chambers ? Forgot it was a lady :)

It was unclear which judges chambers were used.
I took from the report at the Court house that day that they used judges chambers simply to insure privacy....there was a major swarm of media all over the CH.

You are missing what I just said....I retracted the BLEACH right after my initial post. Period.
Scratches were not noted by me..never have I said I saw them or knew of them. Someone on here mentioned it, but not me. Period

IMO that still doesn't warrant an arrest for murder unless NC had DNA under her nails and it has come back to confirm it was BC and he has the scratches that many are wondering about.
Mto3,

Did your source see or hear of other store videos supporting either of the 6:15 & 6:45 runs.

It was unclear which judges chambers were used.
I took from the report at the Court house that day that they used judges chambers simply to insure privacy....there was a major swarm of media all over the CH.

I watched some vids on WRAL - swarm of media is right. Followed both groups down the street to the courthouse - holy cow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy