Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This, like most of the other speculation that has been posted here about Cisco, is incorrect -- laughably so. Brad's job at Cisco does not involve "scoring" any contracts.

I agree. He is not in sales; he does not score contracts.

He may or may not have received a bonus, but the information about the bonus presented here was at least partially incorrect, and so that calls in to question the whole idea of the bonus.

It's possible, sure. I'm curious why and how they never got pulled over by any cop if that was the case. I mean, people get pulled over for having an expired tag so if one weren't there I think a cop would eventually notice it.

Clearly we need to get Momto3 to knock on his door and inquire about this very issue. I fear many will continue to lose sleep until we solve this puzzle.

LOL. absolutely mom needs to "stop by" & get this solved so we can get some sleep!

FYI, I just checked my own tax records, and it shows '07 and '08 info for our house and one car. We have a second car, but it isn't listed in the online information for whatever reason. So, the X5 not being listed doesn't necessarily mean anything.

is 1 car registered in 1 spouse's name & the other car registered in the other spouse's name? we have 1 car registered with my spouse's name & that car is with our house. the other car is in a separate place under my name.

I get exactly what you are saying. I have seen women accuse men of molesting the children...I watched a case the other night where a mom allegedly (sp?) manipulated her kids so much and things were so messed up the son walked out and shot the dad dead right in the driveway!

Women can be vicious, and lie during divorces...I am not saying Nancy did...and nothing excuses taking another life, well, except self defense and someone hurting one of my kids, and the law. :( I am in no way attacking Nancy, I am talking about women in general.

christine:

I totally understand what you're saying about spouses lying to get back at the other. I've seen it myself as well. To be quite honest, I think I've seen more of those cases than not, that I can't figure out which side is telling the truth.

With this case, however, the fact that one side cried wolf and then ended up dead, tells me, IMHO, there WAS a wolf in the hen house.

Just as LE says, there is NO COINCIDENCE when it comes to murder.

Just MHO,
fran

I have an ex sister in law who was a NUT case too!

The difference with NC is....

A-NC couldn't work in the US
B-NC was trying to make extra $ to survive
C-NC never moved around
D-BC never paid the bill not NC

I feel NC needed her friends support and listening ear, she didn't work or have family here. Who else would listen for her to vent?

IF you have any interest in working you can take care of what you need to do to work in the US. Trying to survive??? Man.... it must be tough with a BMW x5, 8k paintings , 200$ jeans and Pedis... He states he has bank records to prove he was giving her money.

Regarding the SUV & the plate:

The biggest problem I see is w/ the plates not having a current tax record on file. Even if the car is a lease, the plate should have a tax record though it wouldn't appear on under Cooper's name.

Personally, I checked our leased car and it does not show under our records. However, when I pull by plate number, it does pull a record.

We are going through a plate replacement phase in North Carolina. The old blue standard plates (like the ones on the SUV) are being replaced with new red plates. I don't know the DMV's timeline or criteria for replacing plates. I know that any new standard red plates issued are red. Going on personal experience again, my blue plate was old (I had transferred it from car to car since 1993). When my plate came up for renewal last year, I paid my registration fee and the completely new red plate was issued (I was disappointed to find out it wouldn't be the same tag #). So, when property taxes were assessed a few months later, it was linked to the new tag #. Again, it was entirely my responsibility to remove my old blue plate and replace it w/ the new red plate. It was also my responsibility to turn my old plate into the DMV (which they promptly threw into a pile behind the counter).

RC, I think it was you that was so interested in tags on the plates, my new red plate came w/ the stickers for the appropriate month (left corner) already affixed to the tag. I cannot remember back to when I got my original blue plates if the month tag was already on the tag.

So, if a new red tag had been issued yet they neglected to put it on the car, that could be a reason, it wouldn't show up in the tax record base. Once the new red tag is issued, the subsequent taxes are not tied to the old tag.

Thank you. You just proved a point!:clap:

FRIENDS never talk bad about the dead.

But Nancy's husband had no problem with that, yet he CLAIMS to love her!?:eek:

I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
fran

Again, he wasn't talking bad about his wife...he was defending all the BS she spilled to her friends to keep his kids... I WOULD DO THE SAME! If i did not kill my wife but was in a divorce and I did not like her and what she had done to me I wouldn't CARE EITHER.... All I would care about is my kids... PERIOD!

FRAN IF he hadn't said crap ...you would say SEE he did it he doesn't say a word. He is in a no win situation... in every way... guilty or not guilty.

Originally Posted by fran
I can appreciate what you're saying, truly I can. But I've seen enough of these cases that IF the wife was legitimately missing or murdered, meaning someone else did it, the husband only says nice things about the other, doesn't utter one unkind word.

YET, the cases I've seen where the husband did it, well, let me just say that this is the worst case scenario of the husband destroying the wife's reputation, to take the eyes of suspicion off himself. Which I might add, were properly placed, in the past.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

JMHO
fran

Can you let me know which of those cases involved children being taken away from surviving spouse prior to arrest/trial/conviction of said spouse?

I can totally see that when it's strictly criminal investigation/proceedings however I see this one as very different than other cases I've followed.

Fran, I'm bringing this here. If you've already replied to this, I missed it. I truly am interested.

I can appreciate what you're saying, truly I can. But I've seen enough of these cases that IF the wife was legitimately missing or murdered, meaning someone else did it, the husband only says nice things about the other, doesn't utter one unkind word.

YET, the cases I've seen where the husband did it, well, let me just say that this is the worst case scenario of the husband destroying the wife's reputation, to take the eyes of suspicion off himself. Which I might add, were properly placed, in the past.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

JMHO
fran

Again ...BS. I hated my ex wife so much I could have cared LESS if something happened to her. If something had happened to her at that time I would have shown no remorse. Sadly I probably would have had the "what comes around goes around" attitude. I could have easily provided 5 years worth of proof of infidelity and I WOULD NOT HAVE HESITATED to use it... especially when it came to my boys. So not ALL situations are the same. Because you have SEEN many of the cases does not mean thats the way this one is. You base all your theories on past cases and stats. So if thats the case every time ...why even investigate... lets just fry the husband every time. Thats how your judicial system would work.

Again ...BS. I hated my ex wife so much I could have cared LESS if something happened to her. If something had happened to her at that time I would have shown no remorse. Sadly I probably would have had the "what comes around goes around" attitude. I could have easily provided 5 years worth of proof of infidelity and I WOULD NOT HAVE HESITATED to use it... especially when it came to my boys. So not ALL situations are the same. Because you have SEEN many of the cases does not mean thats the way this one is. You base all your theories on past cases and stats. So if thats the case every time ...why even investigate... lets just fry the husband every time. Thats how your judicial system would work.

Do you not think that your own personal experience has tainted your thinking about this case ??

Perhaps other spouses would be more reticent to show their hatred BECAUSE of their children. just asking

Do you not think that your own personal experience has tainted your thinking about this case ??

Perhaps other spouses would be more reticent to show their hatred BECAUSE of their children. just asking

This is not necessarily directed at you, just you had a good point here. Some people would probably hesitate to show their hatred and we know that in some cases the hatred comes through.

It did make me think and wonder where were the children when Nancy was telling her friends about all of the things Brad was doing to her (& the kids). Were they within earshot?

It definitely sounds like she had the children with her more often than not and I hope that the children were playing out of earshot of these conversations.

I'm not saying she did and certainly not intending to speak ill of the dead. No matter what Nancy did or did not do, she did not deserve to be murdered. It just was something that came to my head when thinking about divorce/custody stuff.

I agree that one statement shouldn't be taken as a solid fact...we all tend to grab onto the rumors..few pages it's fact...we should be careful of that, great point.......we have no clue if this bonus info is in fact accurate.

that is certainly my entire point.

To follow up on your lengthy rebuttal prior to this:

a. a "Just the facts" thread that contained only confirmed facts (like the maps thread) would help quell some of the random speculation.
b. this "bonus" issue isa perfect example - whether true or not, it got grabbed as gospel and used by several as "see, there's even more reason"
c. a JTF thread would help point newer/infrequent members to what IS known. You said "check the threads" - well good gracious you're on thread #17x20 pagesx20+ posts a page? that's a minimum of 7000 posts to try and find probably 100 relevant facts.

Fran, I haven't said I don't believe the friends. I believe they are conveying what Nancy told them. Most of their statements are "Nancy told me this and Nancy told me that". I have been trying to objectively look at both sides of it. As I've said time and time again, Brad has put so much stuff in his affidavits/rebuttals that can either be confirmed or refuted.

so simple and so well put.

her friends affidavits = ~ 70% hearsay
his affidavit = a noose if he's lying

that is certainly my entire point.

To follow up on your lengthy rebuttal prior to this:

a. a "Just the facts" thread that contained only confirmed facts (like the maps thread) would help quell some of the random speculation.
b. this "bonus" issue isa perfect example - whether true or not, it got grabbed as gospel and used by several as "see, there's even more reason"
c. a JTF thread would help point newer/infrequent members to what IS known. You said "check the threads" - well good gracious you're on thread #17x20 pagesx20+ posts a page? that's a minimum of 7000 posts to try and find probably 100 relevant facts.

If you feel so strongly about a "just the facts" thread, feel free to go ahead and make one. It's not a moderator-only task.

This is not necessarily directed at you, just you had a good point here. Some people would probably hesitate to show their hatred and we know that in some cases the hatred comes through.

It did make me think and wonder where were the children when Nancy was telling her friends about all of the things Brad was doing to her (& the kids). Were they within earshot?

It definitely sounds like she had the children with her more often than not and I hope that the children were playing out of earshot of these conversations.

I'm not saying she did and certainly not intending to speak ill of the dead. No matter what Nancy did or did not do, she did not deserve to be murdered. It just was something that came to my head when thinking about divorce/custody stuff.

Well if there is one good thing about this whole mess, is that the children are out of that environment. There has been NO media pictures, comments, NOTHING . It seems like the Rentz's are following the custody order and that the local media up here are following their wishes.

Morning everyone. 2daughters if you'd like a thread for just the facts go start one and I'll help you add to it as best I can.

VERY good point...

ETA...another example of "Nancy told me..."

ETA (again) Please understand that I am in no way trying to belittle Nancy Cooper or her tragic death. All we have to go on is what she told her friends and what is in Brad's statements. I beleive there is a little of the truth in both sides.

also, in re: the purse.

Lochmere is safe enough, heck our area by and large is, that there are plenty of folks who don't lock doors, who don't lock cars, etc. Whether there's some statement that she and Brad were typically conscientious about locking things and so this makes it odd, so be it. I haven't seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member