Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Brad was invited to TWO press conferences by LE. It appears he accepted yet didn't show up. Each time LE said they 'didn't know why he wasn't there.'

THAT is NOT a good sign and shows he's pulling awayfrom LE. Some individuals may NOT think this is a big deal. But for them I say, just ask any le what they think of when the spouse of the murder vicitm stops attending press conferences that include the family.

JMHO
fran

That is when his "cooperation" ended and the warrants began shortly thereafter. It is also the time frame in which he obtained a lawyer.

FWIW, Brad was invited to TWO press conferences by LE. It appears he accepted yet didn't show up. Each time LE said they 'didn't know why he wasn't there.'

THAT is NOT a good sign and shows he's pulling awayfrom LE. Some individuals may NOT think this is a big deal. But for them I say, just ask any le what they think of when the spouse of the murder vicitm stops attending press conferences that include the family.

JMHO
fran

IF BC did it, one reason he may not have wanted to go to any more of the pressers might have been that he was too ashamed to face his inlaws? :eek:

SH lives down almost on Lake Johnston - definitely not along the way to Lifetime or Carey's house.

As to lifetime - my opinion - there was another reason for him to go there, and it wasn't looking for anyone at all or to show the girls Nancy was there.

TY for the location info :) Sooooo maybe to stash, dispose of something?? IIRC the lockers are available for a day only, so if they actually follow that policy someone would have had to have gone back to retrieve anything that might have been put in one? (Although there are probably other places one could safely hide something for a short amount of time).

Also the site says some parts of the facility are open day/night (I can't remember which right now). Would the check in procedure be the same -- as in do they have someone there to physically check the membership cards or is it done differently??

Considering Nancy's medical condition, I can't help but wonder if BC brought her medication along with him while he was driving around looking for her.

If you are sitting on a jury right now and the evidence presented right now is what it is, do you find him guilty?

This was a great question Roy23. So far, I haven't seen any responses indicating (based on what we currently know), that they would return a guilty verdict.

In a way this is consistent with the poll I'm keeping which asks (based on what we currently know), what's the boards opinion on the likelihood of reasons for NC's demise (current results below):

A: BC did it (or arranged it): 78.2% chance
B: Person known to NC other than BC did it: 11.8% chance
C: Random crime: 9.75% chance
D: She's Alive & In A Witness Protection Program: 0.25% chance

While "BC did it" is the frontrunner theory (based on current knowns - most of which are CE of course), that other 21.8% is what we call "reasonable doubt". Enough of it still exists (based on what we know), that would suggest there's no conviction possible based on current knowns, and the board would seem to agree.

[ Feel free to weigh in on the poll (or PM me) - will be interesting to see how (and in which direction) the numbers change as more things become known. ]

Bottom line, with this case though, even one single datapoint could change the whole landscape substantially (e.g. an eyewitness seeing Nancy running Saturday AM; confirmation that the oldest child does agree she saw Mommy go running Saturday AM, etc).

Personal prediction: We're in a waiting pattern for DNA. If another 30 days go by, and there's no break in this case, then settle in folks - it could be a long ride.

TY for the location info :) Sooooo maybe to stash, dispose of something?? IIRC the lockers are available for a day only, so if they actually follow that policy someone would have had to have gone back to retrieve anything that might have been put in one? (Although there are probably other places one could safely hide something for a short amount of time).

Also the site says some parts of the facility are open day/night (I can't remember which right now). Would the check in procedure be the same -- as in do they have someone there to physically check the membership cards or is it done differently??

Considering Nancy's medical condition, I can't help but wonder if BC brought her medication along with him while he was driving around looking for her.

In all of the discussions about Lifetime - it came out that a person hands their membership card to a clerk - who swipes it into the computer system. The clerk is then able to see a photograph of the card owner to verify the person using the card. It was also brought ot light that even employees must use the computer card system - no one is allowed access without going through the computerized entry system which is manned.

It was also learned there is a cafe there which would suggest would require dumpsters for waste products from the cafe, hair salon and other ammenties. It was confirmed that the lockers are for use only while one is on the premises or for no longer than 24 hours - no permanent assignment of lockers to individual clients.

As to medications - if Brad was riding about in the X5 - chances are medications would have been in her purse which was later removed by LE from the X5. Cannot say for certain however that he was in the X5.

IF BC did it, one reason he may not have wanted to go to any more of the pressers might have been that he was too ashamed to face his inlaws? :eek:

That and he didn't want to answer any probing questions by reporters.

I truly don't think he expected this case to get the media attention it did. So many women go missing every day, some are never found and some found murdered. You've never heard of them.

THOSE, quite often, are the cases where whoever, gets away with murder.

:(

JMHO
fran

This was a great question Roy23. So far, I haven't seen any responses indicating (based on what we currently know), that they would return a guilty verdict.

In a way this is consistent with the poll I'm keeping which asks (based on what we currently know), what's the boards opinion on the likelihood of reasons for NC's demise (current results below):

While "BC did it" is the frontrunner theory (based on current knowns - most of which are CE of course), that other 21.8% is what we call "reasonable doubt". Enough of it still exists (based on what we know), that would suggest there's no conviction possible based on current knowns, and the board would seem to agree.

[ Feel free to weigh in on the poll (or PM me) - will be interesting to see how (and in which direction) the numbers change as more things become known. ]

Bottom line, with this case though, even one single datapoint could change the whole landscape substantially (e.g. an eyewitness seeing Nancy running Saturday AM; confirmation that the oldest child does agree she saw Mommy go running Saturday AM, etc).

Personal prediction: We're in a waiting pattern for DNA. If another 30 days go by, and there's no break in this case, then settle in folks - it could be a long ride.

You can remove one data point - Chief Bazemore confirmed there were no reported sightings of Nancy running.

He repeatedly lied about his affair with HM to Nancy, then HM outed him.

This is a proven lie , his credibility is veddy veddy low indeed.
Does it make him a murderer? No.
Does it make him a liar? Yes.

What else has he lied about?

I guess we all shall see.

Of to bed and catch some late Olympics, go Phelps!

You can remove one data point - Chief Bazemore confirmed there were no reported sightings of Nancy running.

Thanks Raisin. I recalled the Chief had mentioned that at a presser either while the search was taking place, or shortly thereafter. Do we know if this has been re-confirmed lately?

If not, that statement was made some weeks ago, and since then, CPD has passed out a lot more fliers in a lot more locations. In fact, I recently heard they were out again as recent as last week (or 2 weeks ago) again passing out flyers and stopping motorists.

So just not sure if it's completely clear that no one has come forward. [ Most agree, and I tend to also that the best chance for someone (even 1 person) to come forward would have been in the early days (during the search), but still it's not completely clear to me that no one has come forward ]

Anyway, it was just an example of a single (relatively small) thing that would swing the likely outcomes radically. [ Of course, I suppose in most cases like this, changing "one thing" pretty much can change everything :) ]

In all of the discussions about Lifetime - it came out that a person hands their membership card to a clerk - who swipes it into the computer system. The clerk is then able to see a photograph of the card owner to verify the person using the card. It was also brought ot light that even employees must use the computer card system - no one is allowed access without going through the computerized entry system which is manned.

It was also learned there is a cafe there which would suggest would require dumpsters for waste products from the cafe, hair salon and other ammenties. It was confirmed that the lockers are for use only while one is on the premises or for no longer than 24 hours - no permanent assignment of lockers to individual clients.

As to medications - if Brad was riding about in the X5 - chances are medications would have been in her purse which was later removed by LE from the X5. Cannot say for certain however that he was in the X5.

Thank you yet again! Second paragraph is particularly interesting...

Thanks Raisin. I recalled the Chief had mentioned that at a presser either while the search was taking place, or shortly thereafter. Do we know if this has been re-confirmed lately?

If not, that statement was made some weeks ago, and since then CPD has passed out a lot more fliers in a lot more locations. In fact, I recently heard they were out again as recent as last week (or 2 weeks ago) again passing out flyers and stopping motorists.

Not sure if it's completely clear that no one has come forward. [ Most agree, and I tend to also that the best chance for someone (even 1 person) to come forward would have been in the early days (during the search), but still it's not completely clear to me that no one has come forward ]

LE has said nothing of any real substance since the 17th. Last I recall the last mention of no sightings was either the 14th or 15th - but I don't think there has been any other comment since.

As to the fliers - yes LE was out on the 27th - on the corner of Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road. I have a few questions about that - first - why there - its not even close really to where Nancy was known to run and second it was reported they were out starting at 6 am - to what known fact does 6 am relate to ? Food for thought.

Thank you yet again! Second paragraph is particularly interesting...

You are welcome - I cannot remember what thread or page all this came out on to point you to - sorry about that - too many threads and too many days :)

I don't discount signs of abuse. I have stated that motive has been proven. He had a horrible marriage and I believe there are signs of abuse. Fran, almost half of marriages have signs of abuse. Nothing I have seen proves that Brad ever physically hurt Nancy. I know about mental abuse but mental has to get physical too.

I am ready to be amazed. When they amaze me, I will say he is definitely guilty.

Mental abuse, verbal abuse, is but seconds away from violence. Especially if the abused is attempting to break free of the relationship. This is the most vulnerable and dangerous point for a victim.

As far as physical abuse in the past. You're right we don't know that. But we do know he was physcially fit and considered himself a strong type of person. Their arguments had gotten louder, as evidenced by a neighbor intervening. This, IMO, was the precurser of the actual physical act of abuse. It's when the arguments become more heated that violence is almost inevitible.

Scott Peterson was never even proven to verbally abuse Laci. Michael Peterson as well, I believe.

There's two other unsolved NC cases where the husband was never proven to have physically assaulted their wife. But..........most case watchers feel they're confident who the perps are. LE just hasn't come up with the goods yet, ........or have they?

We'll just have to wait and see on this case. Brad shouldn't get to confident though. IF he did this crime, LE will most likely find out. He may be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he'd make all the right moves when it comes to a crime such as this. This isn't a computer program. It's murder.

JMHO
fran

PS....I really hate to keep bringing up domestic violence, but I strongly feel that is what this case boils down to. Domestic violence hits every socioeconomic level of our society. It's what goes on behind closed doors.......fran

How about:

E: Scott Peterson

Because no matter what the question, Scott Peterson is at least part of the answer. ;-)

"PS Please don't discount the signs of abuse. That's how things like that end up in murder. Everyone turned and looked the other way.......fran"

Abuse escalates. Once a taboo has been crossed, it's easy for the abuser to keep it up, and then to move to the next taboo. And the next one. Until...

We know that their arguments had gotten more volitile, louder, as evidenced by a neighbor intervening and offering to take the children to their home.

:(

fran

I asked about this several days ago, but never saw a response. Apologies if I just missed it.

You say that your opinion is that Cisco would offer an award. Can you site some examples of other huge companies offering rewards in association with crimes where employee's family members are victims when those crimes don't involve the company in any way? I.e., didn't occur on company property, at a company event, etc.

I've seen this opinion posted several times and I'm just curious where the notion comes from that a company would/should involve themselves in this way.

As far as "believing" in Brad. How would Cisco know what he did or didn't do in his home (assuming that's where the crime was committed)?

SS...this is the 1st time I mentioned Cisco helping to offer a reward.
This is what I said...Just any amount for a reward is better than nothing! IMO if Cisco believed in their employee they would make an attempt help with a reward.

I know Cisco sent a memo out to its employee's about this crime, and asked to support BC during this trying time. I can't imagine if BC went to the appropriate person and asked for help in raising $$ to offer a reward they would tell him not no but hexx no.

Again ~actions speak louder than words~. I bet you a dollar to a donut he hasn't asked. He has no reason to ask, because IMO he knows who commited this crime.

You are welcome - I cannot remember what thread or page all this came out on to point you to - sorry about that - too many threads and too many days :)

No problem, I've been wanting to go back over the older threads anyway and this just gives me more of an incentive ;)

You say that your opinion is that Cisco would offer an award. Can you site some examples of other huge companies offering rewards in association with crimes where employee's family members are victims when those crimes don't involve the company in any way? I.e., didn't occur on company property, at a company event, etc.

I've seen this opinion posted several times and I'm just curious where the notion comes from that a company would/should involve themselves in this way.

That's a very good question SS. I've seen where companies offer rewards for their employees who have been murdered, ( Michelle Young, Project Energy $10,00) but I don't recall any Company offering a reward for family members of employees.

SS..I just got back and see you are asking about a large company offering a reward.

Progress Energy offered $10k reward money for information on the Michelle Young case.

Yes but Chart One (employer of Jason) didn't offer a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member