Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks - please check the sticky above from Tricia about her appearance tonight on Carol Espy's show.

Tricia has asked for an update. I have given some things but may not have touched on things you all feel to be important. I think she would appreciate your feed back - so add to - or correct what I have listed for her.

My opinion is she was speaking of 'there' as the car or house.
It was never said, but i can't imagine she walked up to the car and peered in while he was right there in the house.

I doubt she walked into the house to be able to see a cell phone either.

I actually think Brad told her the purse must be in the car - cell phone too during one of their conversations as she says she called Nancy's cell - Brad may have said he never heard it ring so must be in the car. Which I also believe is why Brad himself put the purse in the car. JMO

Knowing it would look odd to place just the cell phone in the car, he had the purse in there also. He did state he had been trying to get up with NC to JA. If the cell is in the car what better way to say he didn't hear it ringing? He has tangled himself in a web of lies and this is no different.

Back on thread 16 this was a lengthy conversation of what JA stated to the LE. Many felt she stated in the car...I don't remember the exact wording she used.

Knowing it would look odd to place just the cell phone in the car, he had the purse in there also. He did state he had been trying to get up with NC to JA. If the cell is in the car what better way to say he didn't hear it ringing? He has tangled himself in a web of lies and this is no different.

Back on thread 16 this was a lengthy conversation of what JA stated to the LE. Many felt she stated in the car...I don't remember the exact wording she used.

I sure wish we had just a few facts. For example, what car did Brad drive to HT between 6 and 7. If Just the Fax has surmised correctly that Brad used Nancy's cell to call his own cell at 6:40 , it would seem reasonable to figure he had the phone with him. What car he drove might be relevant to what really happened between 6 and 7 am.

STAR12 quoted on 8/06...If anyone is interested, I just went back and listened to JA's 911 tape. Where she mentions the phone being in the car and her cell phone is there, and then LATER ON she says that NC's cell phone being in the car is definitely weird.

So Nancy's cell phone WAS in her car, and JA was upset that it was in there.

This was the topic of conversation on 8/06 evening postings, about what JA told the LE.
Good catch Star12!

BC concerned about NC's whereabouts? Bull
Knows phone is not with NC
States he is trying to 'get a hold' of NC
Can't find Carey's number

Get the phone, call the recent numbers she conversed with. Carey had just cancelled the morning before...VERY likely Carey's number is on there. How many people did he call looking for NC? Two...

Purse was put in vehicle for alibi IMO.

I sure wish we had just a few facts. For example, what car did Brad drive to HT between 6 and 7. If Just the Fax has surmised correctly that Brad used Nancy's cell to call his own cell at 6:40 , it would seem reasonable to figure he had the phone with him. What car he drove might be relevant to what really happened between 6 and 7 am.

I just have a feeling it was his BMW. What I am thinking is he used his car because he knew he would be questioned later about his where abouts and IF someone saw him leaving that am it would have been a red flag to be in NC car.

Based on my household my husband uses my car maybe 1x a year...seat adjustment, windows, etc. The same goes for me...to easy to jump in your own vehicle.

I just have a feeling it was his BMW. What I am thinking is he used his car because he knew he would be questioned later about his where abouts and IF someone saw him leaving that am it would have been a red flag to be in NC car.

Based on my household my husband uses my car maybe 1x a year...seat adjustment, windows, etc. The same goes for me...to easy to jump in your own vehicle.

Makes sense but I'm not convinced he used his own car to go to HT or to later "look" for Nancy. He could have true enough, but instinct tells me he used the X5 for one or possibly both of these forrays. Hopefully we will find out soon.

In my household , I use my wife's car quite a bit.

The problem is WE don't have evidence against him - other than what other have said what Nancy told him - and assumptions made regarding visits to the grocery store ...

I know that "statistics" are that he probably did it - but the thing that keeps me from completely thinking he did is that fact that there are many on this board that grasp any little piece of info and try to turn it into "evidence" against him ...

I've always thought the affidavits of her friends were odd ... mostly because they were consistent to an extent in their stories and the tone they were told with - as though they all met together the night before and "got their stories straight" ... that to me was kind of telling... as though there is more to their stories - but it involves THEM (the friends) and they don't want to share whatever that is.

That is why is posed the question. I think I see now that everyone here still needs more evidence. I also think all the speculation is good to an extent but I feel we have zero evidence right now of a crime. Brad and Nancy had a horrible marriage and motive is a done deal. I think that Fran will most likely be right about abuse but i think it means nothing until LE shows us something else. Personally, I don't see as much sign of abuse as others. I think if it is any abuse it will be because of financial issues. Nancy was spending all his money in his mind. And that may have been true to some extent.

I think we will find Brad hated that Nancy wasn't so frugal.

So, sometime between somewhere after midnight and 7 am Nancy goes missing. Brad admits to trips to Harris Teeter at 6:15, 6:40, and 6:45. There is another alleged trip to HT between 4:00 and 4:30, or closer to 4:20. Brad tells reporter that Nancy left to go running between 6:30 and 7:00. Brad says that Nancy called him "from home" (doesn't differentiate between home phone or cell phone, which was found with her purse in her car which was in the driveway). Nancy was to meet JA at 8:00 at JA's house ostensibly to paint, and was to meet up with another friend later in the day. JA calls Brad around 9:00 to find out what's up with Nancy, and Brad says she went running with Carey, and tells JA that he is putting the girls in the car to go look for Nancy, and turns down JA's offer to watch the children. When Nancy failed to make her second meeting with her friend, JA called Wake Med, and then called 911 at about 1:50 to find out what if anything they could do. In the meantime, Brad takes the girls on a drive around town to look for Carey's condo/car, and to Lifetime Fitness, and has to be summoned home to meet with the police. So, then, Brad was gone from around 9:00 until around 2:00? The police ask to take a look around, and Brad allows them, "cooperating". No one, other than Brad, had seen Nancy since she left the party after midnight. Brad later tells DD, who lives across the street, that he and his elder child had seen her leave, and DD posts that information on her blogspot. Brad did not call the police, he did not call the hospital, he did not call Nancy's parents. He joined in one search in which he complained of being "eaten alive" by the bugs - he was wearing long sleeves and shorts. He made one statement to the local press, and talked telephonically with one reporter. He did not go to any press conferences at the Cary Police Department. He did not go to any of the local memorials. He apparently obtained counsel when the body was discovered.

Anything else?

So, sometime between somewhere after midnight and 7 am Nancy goes missing. Brad admits to trips to Harris Teeter at 6:15, 6:40, and 6:45. There is another alleged trip to HT between 4:00 and 4:30, or closer to 4:20. Brad tells reporter that Nancy left to go running between 6:30 and 7:00. Brad says that Nancy called him "from home" (doesn't differentiate between home phone or cell phone, which was found with her purse in her car which was in the driveway). Nancy was to meet JA at 8:00 at JA's house ostensibly to paint, and was to meet up with another friend later in the day. JA calls Brad around 9:00 to find out what's up with Nancy, and Brad says she went running with Carey, and tells JA that he is putting the girls in the car to go look for Nancy, and turns down JA's offer to watch the children. When Nancy failed to make her second meeting with her friend, JA called Wake Med, and then called 911 at about 1:50 to find out what if anything they could do. In the meantime, Brad takes the girls on a drive around town to look for Carey's condo/car, and to Lifetime Fitness, and has to be summoned home to meet with the police. So, then, Brad was gone from around 9:00 until around 2:00? The police ask to take a look around, and Brad allows them, "cooperating". No one, other than Brad, had seen Nancy since she left the party after midnight. Brad later tells DD, who lives across the street, that he and his elder child had seen her leave, and DD posts that information on her blogspot. Brad did not call the police, he did not call the hospital, he did not call Nancy's parents. He joined in one search in which he complained of being "eaten alive" by the bugs - he was wearing long sleeves and shorts. He made one statement to the local press, and talked telephonically with one reporter. He did not go to any press conferences at the Cary Police Department. He did not go to any of the local memorials. He apparently obtained counsel when the body was discovered.

Anything else?

Don't know if Brad is away from the house from after 9 to when he returns at LE's request around 3 pm. He apparently calls JA somewhere around 1225 time frame saying he had fed girls lunch and was loading them in the car to go look for Nancy. Where exactly he was to make the call to JA to get Carey's phone number is up in the air. He could have been home, he could have taken the girls for a special Chick Fil A lunch - he tries to imply he is home at the time. He doesn't want any help with watching the kids - he could have been some place other than home which is why he could not accept help watching the kids.

That is why is posed the question. I think I see now that everyone here still needs more evidence. I also think all the speculation is good to an extent but I feel we have zero evidence right now of a crime. Brad and Nancy had a horrible marriage and motive is a done deal. I think that Fran will most likely be right about abuse but i think it means nothing until LE shows us something else. Personally, I don't see as much sign of abuse as others. I think if it is any abuse it will be because of financial issues. Nancy was spending all his money in his mind. And that may have been true to some extent.

I think we will find Brad hated that Nancy wasn't so frugal.

Well, I would think that NC being murdered would be pretty much evidence of a crime.

As far as needed "more evidence", we are not LE, not DA, not Jury. We would like to know more, but what is to come will be from the search warrants, and from the ME's office. Otherwise, I don't think there is a whole lot more evidence we can uncover other than what we already know.

So, sometime between somewhere after midnight and 7 am Nancy goes missing. Brad admits to trips to Harris Teeter at 6:15, 6:40, and 6:45. 2 trips
There is another alleged trip to HT between 4:00 and 4:30, or closer to 4:20. Brad tells reporter that Nancy left to go running between 6:30 and 7:00. Brad says that Nancy called him "from home" (doesn't differentiate between home phone or cell phone, which was found with her purse in her car which was in the driveway). Nancy was to meet JA at 8:00 at JA's house ostensibly to paint, and was to meet up with another friend later in the day. JA calls Brad around 9:00 9:25to find out what's up with Nancy, and Brad says she went running thinks she might have with Carey, and tells JA that he is putting the girls in the car 12:30 to go look for Nancy, and turns down JA's offer to watch the children. When Nancy failed to make her second meeting with her friend, JA called Wake Med, and then called 911 at about 1:50 to find out what if anything they could do. In the meantime, Brad takes the girls on a drive around town to look for Carey's condo/car, and to Lifetime Fitness, and has to be summoned home to meet with the police. So, then, Brad was gone from around 9:00 12:30until around 2:003:00? The police ask to take a look around, and Brad allows them, "cooperating". No one, other than Brad, had seen Nancy since she left the party after midnight. Brad later tells DD, who lives across the street, that he and his elder child had seen her leave, and DD posts that information on her blogspot. Brad did not call the police, he did not call the hospital, he did not call Nancy's parents. He joined in one search in which he complained of being "eaten alive" by the bugs - he was wearing long sleeves and shorts. He made one statement to the local press, and talked telephonically with one reporter. He did not go to any press conferences at the Cary Police Department. He did not go to any of the local memorials. He apparently obtained counsel when the body was discovered.

Anything else?

My changes are in red, but this is the highlights. Yes.

Makes sense but I'm not convinced he used his own car to go to HT or to later "look" for Nancy. He could have true enough, but instinct tells me he used the X5 for one or possibly both of these forrays. Hopefully we will find out soon.

In my household , I use my wife's car quite a bit.

I think he used the sedan to 'run his early errands'. Apparently it was in the garage (X-5 was in the driveway per JA). He loaded the body into the trunk from the privacy of the garage and drove this to dump the body and to then to make the HT trips .....had to be the same car in case it was seen driving out of the neighborhood after 6 am.

I think he used the sedan to 'run his early errands'. Apparently it was in the garage (X-5 was in the driveway per JA). He loaded the body into the trunk from the privacy of the garage and drove this to dump the body and make the HT trips .....had to be the same car in case it was seen driving out of the neighborhood after 6 am.

Then would you agree, if he drove his own car, and you have surmised he used two cell phones - his own to receive a call and Nancy's to make a call to him at 6:40 - and you think the purse was left in the X5 by Nancy that he would have also had to get into the X5 to take the cell phone and at some point later also return the cell phone to the purse in the X5 ? From corrections above concerning JA's 911 call - she does say the cell phone is in the car as well.

Lets hope he left some prints and spit on that cell phone.

I think he used the sedan to 'run his early errands'. Apparently it was in the garage (X-5 was in the driveway per JA). He loaded the body into the trunk from the privacy of the garage and drove this to dump the body and make the HT trips .....had to be the same car in case it was seen driving out of the neighborhood after 6 am.

I think the sedan was used in the morning trips for the reasons you gave, as well IIRC JA stated NC vehicle was in the drive on the 911.

I don't know if he would have told LE about HT, but I sense he told them about it just in case someone saw him leaving or coming home from the trips he made.

License tag bolt missing on the sedan is still a mystery...is it because he removed his tag for a particular reason or LE removed it...but would LE have not put the bolt back in it?

Then would you agree, if he drove his own car, and you have surmised he used two cell phones - his own to receive a call and Nancy's to make a call to him at 6:40 - and you think the purse was left in the X5 by Nancy that he would have also had to get into the X5 to take the cell phone and at some point later also return the cell phone to the purse in the X5 ? From corrections above concerning JA's 911 call - she does say the cell phone is in the car as well.

Lets hope he left some prints and spit on that cell phone.

I think the sedan was used the entire time. The missing bolt on the license tag is key to me. Either he removed his tag or the LE did for some reason, but it was missing after the SW.

I think the purse and phone were in the house when he bagan his runs. IF he does have a call from NC to him at the store that was stagged he had the opportunity to do it with it being at his disposal in the home. We still don't know if he did run to HT at 6:45, as well as we don't know which phone NC used to supposedly call him.

I believe he went thru her purse trying to prepare an alibi, and began by putting the purse and cell in her vehicle. This would be so he could state he didn't hear her cell ringing as well.

So all in all I think he got what he needed from her purse, put it in her vehicle to begin his alibi.

IIRC they got a blood sample from BC. If this is correct and they did get a sample of blood, is this normal or a step beyond what is normally done?

Ahh, spit! I haven't thought of spit.

LE did take a DNA sample from Brad at 3am on the 16th. The easiest sample to collect is saliva. Usually need someone with medical training to take blood and a clean environment. Saliva is easy - closed tube - stick a swab in his mouth and wipe around on the inside of the cheek and re-insert into sealed tube. Just thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972