Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I missed the discussion on the license plate.
Are y'all suggesting he removed the plate on the 325 so the
tag number would not be identified in the neighborhood he dumped the body ?

I personally saw the tag missing a bolt on the 27th. I do not know what happened for it to be this way, but it was very noticeable. If do not know if he lost it because he had removed it, or the LE lost it during the SW...I don't know. I wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if he removed it to do his running the morning of the 12th just to not be identified, returned home in a panic and couldn't find but 1 bolt. Car wash also if he used a pressure hand wash..take it off and the pressure washer knocked it off the ledge. Something happened to it and it is a very rare occurence IMO.

Ohhh interesting thought.

Is there any kind of check out procedure or anything in which LTF knows how long you've been there? I imagine there must be security cameras around the place since this is a state-of-the-art facility. Cameras would be positioned in many places, right? They'd have to have a security system in place. Video too?

There is no checkout procedure. You just open the lobby door. Other doors are emergency only, AFIK. Definitely cameras in the cafe (again, off that busy lobby). I haven't specifically looked around for other cameras, but there must be a lot of them, the place is huge.

I personally saw the tag missing a bolt on the 27th. I do not know what happened for it to be this way, but it was very noticeable. If do not know if he lost it because he had removed it, or the LE lost it during the SW...I don't know. I wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if he removed it to do his running the morning of the 12th just to not be identified, returned home in a panic and couldn't find but 1 bolt. Car wash also if he used a pressure hand wash..take it off and the pressure washer knocked it off the ledge. Something happened to it and it is a very rare occurence IMO.

Where were you when you saw it?

There is no checkout procedure. You just open the lobby door. Other doors are emergency only, AFIK. Definitely cameras in the cafe (again, off that busy lobby). I haven't specifically looked around for other cameras, but there must be a lot of them, the place is huge.

Have you heard anything at LTF about BC coming in on the 12th for any reason? I know it is a huge place. LTF is really IMO the place he ran to for so many reaons...including a place to keep the children occupied. How many kids at this age just sit still and ride around for 2.5 hours.

He could feed them there, put them in child care, used the computers, disposed of towels, he could be seen there on camera's as "trying" to locate NC and tried to place an alibi for NC last being there.

This is the RED FLAG place and where he IMO has made his biggest mistake.

Wow, I missed this Dogwood...
Actually didn't think of looking for the stickers. We were so shocked to see the license tag slanted it made us all take a gasp and point it out. It is just something you do not expect to see. I have never seen this before on any vehicle is why it caught our attention so quickly. Sorry didn't notice if there were or weren't stickers.

OK, thanks so much!

If you get another chance to see the sedan, would you mind looking for us? :Banane44:

Anything else to note about it besides the bolt missing that you recall?

It takes a bit of time to wash a car, especially if there is a dirt buildup in the wheel wells and matts always take time - not 2.5 hours but at least a good 30 minutes minimum.

I'll be bold enough to say he was at LTF to get his wife's card swiped to show someone else had to have seen her alive after he said she left the house at 7 am. It was one of those stink days you know?

I know - droll :p

:eek:

OK, thanks so much!

If you get another chance to see the sedan, would you mind looking for us? :Banane44:

Anything else to note about it besides the bolt missing that you recall?

It's now fixed...:rolling:

Wanted to bring this back since our discussion Skittles. You know this is possible and I don't think it has as many holes as you think. I don't think anyone would look at him odd if he were carrying a gym bag in, or even if he was observed putting the towels in the basket. All that actually seems fairly normal given it is a fitness club. The only hole would actually be the little ones - left in the car specifically. But it is possible a quick run in to return the towels - he might be able to do so quick enough so as to not draw a lot of attention by the kids being in the car. And really - he could invent an excuse for that even. He could even invent checking in to say he was looking for Nancy, if asked. Good thoughts.

Care to bring out your other idea ?

Been working on this in bits and pieces all day.

OK, here's my other LTF possibility (although I think this one is even less likely than the towels as it is very, very risky). I've been considering ways to hide something in those lockers without getting caught. We've had posts here about the LTF lockers, and that you cannot keep stuff there. I don't know how they determine if a locker is just in use by someone who is in the building late at night. In fact they might not go through the lockers at all, but just tell you they do when you sign up for membership (see why this may be true in a minute).

Here's how the lockers work. When you go in there are keys in the locks. You open the locker, put your stuff in. Now, to get the key out you must put your ID in a slot on the back of the lock (inside the locker). Your id must stay there, or you can't lock the locker and get the key out. So, this effectively keeps people from leaving stuff in the lockers because you can't get back in the building if you leave stuff there--you have no ID! The other option is to leave stuff there unlocked. Or pretend you lost your ID and get another one so you can leave your old one in the lock. Note that the ID slots in the lockers are mechanical. They are not "scanned" or anything to be logged by a computer.

Now, if BC had both his and NC's IDs, he could leave, say NC's card in the locker. He would still be able to get back in the club with his id. Now, what if LTF doesn't open the locked lockers every night, but just relies on the fact that people need to get back in the building so they don't leave stuff there. Or what if they only check lockers if the same locker is in use night after night. In that case, BC could return to LTF and occasionally move the contents to a different locker (see holes, below). It's possible with all his IronMan training that he has been there at odd hours and might know how they handle checking for stuff left in the lockers.

Holes: Same holes as in my other post, plus more. Once he's being followed by LE, it's tough to keep going back to LTF to move stuff from locker to locker, so it's very bad for him if they do check the lockers nightly. Could have an accomplice, I guess, to move the stuff around or get it out of there entirely. The other thing is you cannot go in the Men's/Women's locker rooms while bringing children of
the opposite sex that you are. If you are a man bringing in girls you would need to use the family locker rooms. If you went in the family locker with 2 girls it would look odd if you immediately left the building. The family locker entrance is right off the lobby.

So, as I said, unlikely. It's much more likely he was trying to establish his whereabouts or trying to get Nancy "checked in."

Makes sense to me - he by his own admission thought he had to wait 24 hours to report Nancy missing - why not try to place her somewhere away from the home ? Especially after being questioned by JA as to Nancy's whereabouts. He told her Nancy went for a run - he knew if he didn't somehow correct that to prove Nancy was somewhere else he was in trouble. From his affidavits he seems big on records to prove everything - this was one record to create to show Nancy was alive after she left the house and was away from him specifically.

His problem - even though JA thought she had to wait 24 hours - she was gutsy enough to make the call anyway. Can you say Priceless ?

A bigger mistake than an alleged 4:20am visit to HT?

IMO..yes. I would say the LE asked where he went looking and he told LTF, and they ask about the membership. LE discovers NC card isn't in her purse to gain entry. And she doesn't carry anything to jog...why her LTF ID? Bells are now going off IMO.

Of course HT is big, but at this time LE is real suspicious because of JA call to them.

Don't you know they asked him about WWMC, Java Jive, etc. By this time more than bells are ringing it is a full orchestra!!!

Can I just interject something about all the bolt talk?

Car makers no longer use bolts on tags and haven't for years. It's typically a little short phillips head screw driven into a plastic grommet. Over a period of time the plastic part can dry rot but I don't think BC's BMW is old enough for that to happen unless it was exposed to extreme weather or a lot of salt.

That may not mean anything in the long run but it was on my mind so I thought I'd share it.

Makes sense to me - he by his own admission thought he had to wait 24 hours to report Nancy missing - why not try to place her somewhere away from the home ? Especially after being questioned by JA as to Nancy's whereabouts. He told her Nancy went for a run - he knew if he didn't somehow correct that to prove Nancy was somewhere else he was in trouble. From his affidavits he seems big on records to prove everything - this was one record to create to show Nancy was alive after she left the house and was away from him specifically.

His problem - even though JA thought she had to wait 24 hours - she was gutsy enough to make the call anyway. Can you say Priceless ?

It makes complete sense. I find it interesting he didn't think those panicked calls from JA would amount to anything, but I suppose he thought if he could show (via computer log at LTF) that she "checked in" then he could say she was there and was thus alive at 1pm that Saturday. However, does this guy not understand that there are video surveillance cameras EVERYWHERE these days? Everything he says can eventually be proven as truth or a lie. Even if he had successfully gotten her card scanned, if LE reviewed the video from that time period when the card was actually scanned, they would see Nancy was nowhere in sight AND they would see Brad standing right there at the front desk, no?

You know, for a 'brilliant' man, he's not terribly smart. The first mistake, IMHO, is actually thinking/believing you can ever get away with a crime when there are witnesses everywhere, cameras everywhere, and lots of smart people analyzing and thinking through every detail afterwards. Not too bright, IMHO.

Priceless indeed!

It makes complete sense. I find it interesting he didn't think those panicked calls from JA would amount to anything, but I suppose he thought if he could show (via computer log at LTF) that she "checked in" then he could say she was there and was thus alive at 1pm that Saturday. However, does this guy not understand that there are video surveillance cameras EVERYWHERE these days? Everything he says can eventually be proven as truth or a lie. Even if he had successfully gotten her card scanned, if LE reviewed the video from that time period when the card was actually scanned, they would see Nancy was nowhere in sight AND they would see Brad standing right there at the front desk, no?

You know, for a 'brilliant' man, he's not terribly smart. The first mistake, IMHO, is actually thinking/believing you can ever get away with a crime when there are witnesses everywhere, cameras everywhere, and lots of smart people analyzing and thinking through every detail afterwards. Not too bright, IMHO.

Brilliant ? I have seen nothing to indicate he is brilliant - those affidiavits he prepared for the custody hearing did not seem to be the words of a brilliant man to me. CCIE with an MBA or not - brilliant is not a word I can seem to attach to him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm