Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge or not, the point being, BC never offered a reward for the killer/killers of Nancy.
Even if the marriage was strained , my God , wouldn't you move heaven and earth to find the person who killed Nancy.....or hire a PI to clear yourself?

As far as Scott Heider is concerned , wouldn't you punch the man who bonked your wife rather than praise him?

It's all too wierd...nothing adds up from the get-go.

And I am so happy to hear the words "possible defendant"...this means a trial is in the future....someone is going to be be charged.

Whether he got a bonus or not, it means nothing as far as the guilt of BC. If a DA brings this up, they are grasping at straws. Who cares?

In a google search I could only find where a company offered a reward for info. leading to the arrest of person or persons that killed one of their employees. The employee was killed in his home.

Whether he got a bonus or not, it means nothing as far as the guilt of BC. If a DA brings this up, they are grasping at straws. Who cares?

Well actually, they would have more to go on ,of course, like opportunity and motive....and his actions after she went missing would all be involved as his "demeanor".
These things are all tools for the DA, in fact defendant demeanor is always part of trial and especially closing arguments.
So you can't discount it.

It is all part of case building along with physical evidence.

Well actually, they would have more to go on ,of course, like opportunity and motive....and his actions after she went missing would all be involved as his "demeanor".
These things are all tools for the DA, in fact defendant demeanor is always part of trial and especially closing arguments.
So you can't discount it.

It is all part of case building along with physical evidence.

I can discount it. The defense attorney can show 1000 incidences where a husband who did not kill his wife did not offer a reward. There are enough incidences already that show that Brad and Nancy had a horrible marriage. Brad has stated so.

There is no doubt about that. Even if they have almost nothing, though, with that marriage LE would still be persuing him no matter how complicated it seems.

Whether Brad did this or not, this case does have all the usual signs of the every day familial homicide. Including the husband being the last known person to have seen the victim. Oh, and not to mention she was attempting to leave him. Which has been proven when attempting to severe the relationship is the most dangerous time for the abused.

Whether LE has 'evidence' or not remains to be seen. The fact they're keeping those sw's sealed tells me they have SOMTHING. Just what, I have no idea.

JMHO
fran

In a google search I could only find where a company offered a reward for info. leading to the arrest of person or persons that killed one of their employees. The employee was killed in his home.

It's definitely not unheard of for a company to offer a reward in the case of an employee that was the victim of a violent crime, as discussed here

I was looking for precedent for large companies spontaneously getting involved where the victim is a family member of an employee and the crime doesn't involve the company.

I can discount it. The defense attorney can show 1000 incidences where a husband who did not kill his wife did not offer a reward. There are enough incidences already that show that Brad and Nancy had a horrible marriage. Brad has stated so.

I'm merely saying that it is all part of case building. His actions after she went missing are suspect from the moment of the 911 call from JA.
Most LE would NOT show up at your house for at least 24 hours on a missing spouse.

They are watching his demeanor and it will be part of the trail, and yes, it is his attorneys job to dispute and shoot down everything that is said, just as you have.
But , what does the overall picture show? The jury weighs ALL the evidence, and depending on the way the scales tip.....well you know the rest.

While it may be just ONE circumstance in a case that will 'hook' a juror as to the guilt of the defendent, LE does not rely on ONE circumstance pointing toward the guilt of the defendent before bringing the case to trial. Each piece of circumstantial evidence is placed together like a puzzle, until the picture of murder appears.

The defense attorney could probably find alternate scenarios for many of the circumstances that LE will bring forward towards whoever did this crime. But it gets to a point there's too much evidence and the jury no longer believes the defense. The jury comes to the conclusion the def attorney is just making EXCUSES for his client.

JMHO
fran

I'm merely saying that it is all part of case building. His actions after she went missing are suspect from the moment of the 911 call from JA.
Most LE would NOT show up at your house for at least 24 hours on a missing spouse.

They are watching his demeanor and it will be part of the trail, and yes, it is his attorneys job to dispute and shoot down everything that is said, just as you have.
But , what does the overall picture show? The jury weighs ALL the evidence, and depending on the way the scales tip.....well you know the rest.

I don't see that in this case. If Brad did offer a reward, it would be called petty. This is one of those danged if you do or danged if you don't moments. Brad has admitted that his marriage sucked so this reward means nothing. This case needs hard evidence and not stuff like this. Brad is not making his marriage too much better than Nancy's peers.

Roy, i ask myself a lot of very simple questions.

If nothing was found in that house , why did LE drag all that stuff out of there...

Do those bags contain actual evidence or do they contain items which could possibly have trace evidence that requires lab scrutiny?

Whether Brad did this or not, this case does have all the usual signs of the every day familial homicide. Including the husband being the last known person to have seen the victim. Oh, and not to mention she was attempting to leave him. Which has been proven when attempting to severe the relationship is the most dangerous time for the abused.

Whether LE has 'evidence' or not remains to be seen. The fact they're keeping those sw's sealed tells me they have SOMTHING. Just what, I have no idea.

JMHO
fran

I agree with you for the most part. I just am not sure how much they have and how important it is. The thing that I have disagreed with you on is that you have created numerous simple husband killing wife scenario's when they haven't said jack. I give you credit for the simplest explanation stuff you say is almost always right. I just have some doubts due to LE's tactics that I haven't seen before.

Come on Fran, this reward stuff is not real powerful stuff.

Do those bags contain actual evidence or do they contain items which could possibly have trace evidence that requires lab scrutiny?

If they would release the warrants - we would know the answer to that question. Since the items were containerized in "evidence bags and or boxes" it is reasonable to assume LE found some reason to collect it. As to its value and testing requirements, we have no idea as the inventory is sealed with the affidavits and the warrants.

I don't see that in this case. If Brad did offer a reward, it would be called petty. This is one of those danged if you do or danged if you don't moments. Brad has admitted that his marriage sucked so this reward means nothing. This case needs hard evidence and not stuff like this. Brad is not making his marriage too much better than Nancy's peers.

Well if he DID offer a reward, it wouldn't be a point for prosecution to bring up then would it?
Whether the marraige sucked , as you put it, or not wouldn't have bearing on this, she is still the mother of his children and a member of the community, a reward would put him in a much better light.
Mind you, I am not saying this is CRUCIAL stuff, hard evidence will convict him, but the overall demeanor is very important to building a case against him...as it will be for his attorneys to build a case for him.

Well if he DID offer a reward, it wouldn't be a point for prosecution to bring up then would it?
Whether the marraige sucked , as you put it, or not wouldn't have bearing on this, she is still the mother of his children and a member of the community, a reward would put him in a much better light.
Mind you, I am not saying this is CRUCIAL stuff, hard evidence will convict him, but the overall demeanor is very important to building a case against him...as it will be for his attorneys to build a case for him.

If that is your opinion, fine. To me it would look superficial. Him offering a reward means little to me because it doesn't change anything. It is only PR to me. It doesn't bring his wife back. But that is my opinion.

He hated his marriage life to his wife. If that part was disputed, I would feel differently maybe.

No. I understood that he love his wife and wanted the marriage to work. That is what he put on his affidavit.

But ALL of his actions since his wife was murdered have said something entirely different. Entirely.

Just an observation and I'm sure it's not lost on LE.

JMHO
fran

"But ALL of his actions since his wife was murdered have said something entirely different. Entirely."

I think all this can be argued. His actions don't prove anything. This case will be tried on physical evidence. Without it, it won't go to trial.

No. I understood that he love his wife and wanted the marriage to work. That is what he put on his affidavit.

But ALL of his actions since his wife was murdered have said something entirely different. Entirely.

Just an observation and I'm sure it's not lost on LE.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

If you would answer this one question. And anybody else that wants to play feel free. If you are sitting on a jury right now and the evidence presented right now is what it is, do you find him guilty?

I mean he had a horrible marriage and his friends say he didn't give her enough money and he didn't offer a reward do you find him guilty?

"But ALL of his actions since his wife was murdered have said something entirely different. Entirely."

I think all this can be argued. His actions don't prove anything. This case will be tried on physical evidence. Without it, it won't go to trial.

Roy you might think about that again - his actions are very important. For example if it was indeed his action to walk into a store at 420 am and buy cleaning products and then deny that to LE and they have proof - that action and denial says something pertinent to the case. If he walked into Lifetime Fitness and tried to use his wife's card on the day she is missing well that certainly says something doesn't it. Not all circumstantial evidence is physical in nature -and a persons actions, where abouts, and emotional feelings about a deceased person are indeed relevant and circumstantial - motive is all about thoughts and actions. Circumstantial cases are built on a variety of things not just physical evidence. There is little doubt this will be a circumstantial case - without a confession or eyewitnesses - it can be nothing else. How he treated his wife will certainly be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77