Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's reasonable (kinda like making a due diligence effort to "prove a negative" I guess) but wouldn't it also be reasonable that they should ask some direct questions to support their frontrunner theory of what happened? Surely eyewitness accounts of a BMW driving slowly down that road at 6am would be of interest.

{Just envisioning joe motorist driving away after being given a flyer thinking to himself... "well, I didn't see any jogger, but I wonder why they didn't ask me about that BMW driving like a bat outta hell that same morning... oh well... guess they're not interested in that... " } :)

And we don't know what LE asked when handing them out. They might well have asked if they saw any suspicious cars.

LE is not going to describe a vehicle in a case such as this for one reason - let the person describe it so it can be determined if the description is credible or not. No sense interviewing 20 people who might have seen a red car driving like a bat outta hell if LE knows the 325 or X5 were used is there?

This may make sense to you, however, it does not make sense. The fliers were overly undescriptive to begin with. Were LE to start asking did you see this car or this car - there might have been 20 people who said yeah I saw it when in reality they may have seen something totally different. Talk about crucifying someone - there you have it. If LE was handing those fliers out in the middle of Lochmere you might have a point - they were not. They were being handed out on the intersection of Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Rd - the focus being people who may have traveled those roads between 6 and 9 am. If someone saw a suspicious car they might just have said I didn't see her but I saw this car, blah blah blah, at such and such location.

I agree. And that's just the chance they would have to take, suggesting anything more is dangerously close to "leading". They can't do that without tainting a trial, can they?

I like that.........uh huh.......overly undescriptive........wow.
Well, here
is the overly undescriptive flyer, which includes her height, weight, hair color, clothing, and assumed running route. Trying to get those on the streets in hopes of it causing someone to remember seeing a BMW running a yellow light in front of them or something seems to be a fools errand to me.

Well, here
is the overly undescriptive flyer, which includes her height, weight, hair color, clothing, and assumed running route. Trying to get those on the streets in hopes of it causing someone to remember seeing a BMW running a yellow light in front of them or something seems to be a fools errand to me.

Clothing was based on what BC told LE. We already know she was found in little clothing.

Well, here

And you know for a fact this is the same flyer passed out on 27 July at Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road ? Why are they there - its not close to her "thought" route.

So what color was her t shirt ? How about her shorts ? Cap like she usually wore ? Sunglasses ? Any tatoos ?

Brad better be glad you are not in LE is all I can say. Might as well get on the tv and show a picture of his car just to make sure you nail him.

Brad's affidavit states NC got home around midnight..........doesn't state how he knows that information. I think she ran up the stairs trying to avoid him and he followed her up the stairs and then the fight broke out.

Well, here

I don't think it was a fool's errand. It served two purposes, to jog people's memory of anything hinky they might have seen and as jumpstreet so eloquently put it, due diligence to prove a negative in regard to BC's statement that Nancy's left the house that morning alive and in those clothes.

And you know for a fact this is the same flyer passed out on 27 July at Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road ? Why are they there - its not close to her "thought" route.

So what color was her t shirt ? How about her shorts ? Cap like she usually wore ? Sunglasses ? Any tatoos ?

Brad better be glad you are not in LE is all I can say. Might as well get on the tv and show a picture of his car just to make sure you nail him.

Well, Bubba, it's the same flyer I had seen on windows and counters in that part of town in that time frame. And the first "missing" flyer did not mention color of clothing, either. I had wondered about that, and my thought at the time was that BC really hadn't paid attention to the colors. My second was that they were holding back the colors, and then I thought that was stupid because the more description of the missing person, the better chance it might jog someone's memory. I think BC either couldn't remember the colors she was wearing, or chose not to tell, for whatever his reason (maybe it was dark??? Purdy sure that LE would have asked, though.

those of you in the cary area---if you were driving from brad's house to Fielding Drive, and didn't want anybody to notice your vehicle, would you drive cary parkway to holly springs? vs. lochmere to lily atkins to holly springs?

i'm asking because of raisin's questions the other night. i think most of us--but please correct me if i'm wrong--would drive from brad's house to cary pkway to holly springs. if i had a body w me in my popular, social, early morning runner wife's car (which other runners, walkers, early morning people might see), i would definitely not drive through lochmere where i'd be more likely to see people i know or be seen by people i know. however, since Cary LE were near the clubhouse, they were probably considering if he had driven through the neighborhood. if they were there, they might possibly have gotten a tip that a car matching the description of nancy's was seen on that road in the early a.m. hours.

something else that is big in cary are Sat a.m. yard sales. people arrive at houses anytime after 6 a.m. & definitely at houses by 7 a.m. Wonder if there were any yard sales in Lochmere that morning.

well, raisin's intuition is interesting. obviously we all think it would be crazy to dump nancy's body between 6 & 7 a.m., but maybe he had no choice. maybe she wasn't dead until right before she went jogging. brad is dead set, so to speak, on her having gone jogging, so she must have had her jogging clothes on. (maybe---on the other hand, i don't think she was fully dressed when they found her so....)

the other thing brad's attorneys were pushing for was TOD. he wants to prove she was alive at 6 or 7 a.m. so, maybe she was.

but, he really made the HT run at 4:20, and it's so crazy that i was thinking TOD was prior to his "shopping".

i agree w those who said maybe the 2nd trip was to cover up why people might have seen his car out very early. the excuse was needing to get stuff at HT.

and, mom noted that he said Waverly. so, since he didn't live here when HT was in Waverly, i think he drove cary parkway to tryon road, and then took a left (for Raisin's sake... when on tryon road, he would have passed summerwinds on the left, then ambiance on the left, and then almost immediately after ambiance is the "cut through" road that is a shopping center called Waverly Place & comes out on Kildare Farm at the light where you go straight into the HT / Walmart Shopping Center, & HT is immediately on your left)

Well, Bubba, it's the same flyer I had seen on windows and counters in that part of town in that time frame. And the first "missing" flyer did not mention color of clothing, either. I had wondered about that, and my thought at the time was that BC really hadn't paid attention to the colors. My second was that they were holding back the colors, and then I thought that was stupid because the more description of the missing person, the better chance it might jog someone's memory. I think BC either couldn't remember the colors she was wearing, or chose not to tell, for whatever his reason (maybe it was dark??? Purdy sure that LE would have asked, though.

The only way to confirm a sighting as the person you are looking for is to hold back certain specific details. The person describes to you what they saw, if it matches what is known but not openly said then it might very well be a legitimate sighting. It is the only way to know to any degree of certainty. This automatically weeds out sightings that are not real, resulting in less time spent trying to figure if it was or was not the person and more time spent searching for them.

they were handing out the flyers here because---just my opinion, of course--this is the route that brad took in his car when he dumped nancy. again, they can't ask about cars in a flyer, but when passing out the flyer, it would jog people's memory.

it's not her route, but that's perhaps the way they thought brad drove....

I think she was in the process of changing clothes when he confronted her. I've thought about it a lot and I don't think he "dressed her"..........I think he dumped her in what she hadn't managed to remove yet (if you will).

they were handing out the flyers here because---just my opinion, of course--this is the route that brad took in his car when he dumped nancy. again, they can't ask about cars in a flyer, but when passing out the flyer, it would jog people's memory.

it's not her route, but that's perhaps the way they thought brad drove....

The points about not asking "leading" questions, and not disclosing certain details to confirm credibility of source/sightings make sense to me.

Seems LE could at least ask though, when stopping folks, if anyone saw anything else unusual at all, during the timeframe window of question. [ and for all we know, they may have asked these questions...]

Anyone here receive a flyer directly from LE (or know someone who did) that can speak to how the dialog went? Anyone here know anyone in either neighborhood (residence or discovery) who may have been questioned directly (via door-to-door)?

The only way to confirm a sighting as the person you are looking for is to hold back certain specific details. The person describes to you what they saw, if it matches what is known but not openly said then it might very well be a legitimate sighting. It is the only way to know to any degree of certainty. This automatically weeds out sightings that are not real, resulting in less time spent trying to figure if it was or was not the person and more time spent searching for them.

Right, RC, and that's what I said, but at this point she was just a missing person, not a victim. so would it not be important to have as good a description as you can at that point?

Hmmm...there was that owl attack in Apex at the beginning of the year. Of course, I still can't figure out how that pesky owl got into that staircase area of the Peterson house :waitasec:.

CL,

I posted at length in a previous thread about the issues with the "OWL THEORY". Getting into the staircase was no sweat. It managed to kill her, clean up some of the blood, and escape the house without being seen, or leaving any feathers behind. I know owls are supposed to be wise, but this thing was bordering on genius! :crazy:

CyberPro

Seems like if ANYONE around Cary knew ANYTHING they would have come forward by now......don't ya'll think??

Seems like if ANYONE around Cary knew ANYTHING they would have come forward by now......don't ya'll think??

And they very well may have... but LE asked them to keep it on the DL...
... all we know for sure is Bazemore quote in a presser (maybe on the 14th) where she said thus far no one
has come forward. Lots of time, lots of flyers passed out since then... lots of folks may have come forward...
(or not :) ... who knows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member