Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then, we don't know for certain if it actually is a stain, and if it is, that it's a blood stain. Could be jelly, or even marker.

I vote for jelly maybe even a bit of peanut butter in there. :crazy:

I vote for jelly maybe even a bit of peanut butter in there. :crazy:

It absolutely could be. It could even be part of a pattern of design on the shade.

At any rate, good eye Saint. I didn't see it until you pointed it out.

It absolutely could be. It could even be part of a pattern of design on the shade.

At any rate, good eye Saint. I didn't see it until you pointed it out.

I didn't see it either actually but then again concentrating that hard on a picture is simply beyond my capabilities. Glad someone has the ability to do it though.

I didn't see it either actually but then again concentrating that hard on a picture is simply beyond my capabilities. Glad someone has the ability to do it though.

Yeah, I thought I had a pretty good monitor, but I was not seeing the stains either. It seems to me that something like that would be hard to overlook if you were trying to clean up a bio-mess that you created.

LOL at the comment about Mrs. Mustard, too true. It reminds me of an old Jimmy Stewart movie where someone was talking about commiting a murder by beating someone with a cane, and making the victim hold the cane. Like they would beat themselves to death.

CyberPro

here is a blowup of the possible blood stain on the lampshade as well as a recreation of what i see when i look at the photo with my eyes very close to the computer screen

coopershade.jpg

Holy Crow Saint! I better schedule that laser eye surgery!:)

Yeah, I thought I had a pretty good monitor, but I was not seeing the stains either. It seems to me that something like that would be hard to overlook if you were trying to clean up a bio-mess that you created.

LOL at the comment about Mrs. Mustard, too true. It reminds me of an old Jimmy Stewart movie where someone was talking about commiting a murder by beating someone with a cane, and making the victim hold the cane. Like they would beat themselves to death.

CyberPro

I think Harvey is calling me :crazy:

Should we consider the owl theory now? A microscopic:shocked2: owl from the nearby tree swooped in and...

Being knocked over the railing is another option. But there would have been screaming if she went over the rail alive. The children would have been awakened. They would have said something to people later.

I think he would have been more sneaky, as with suffocation, strangulation or something else more quiet and less messy. Just thinking.

When parents are found dead in their home with little children present, why don't they do drug testing on the children if there seems to be possible murder by the other spouse? The other person could have drugged the children to sleep through the ordeal, if it were planned or if they woke up.

i thought about whether JY gave Cassidy some kind of sleeping pill (since killing MIchelle was pre-meditated), but I think he thought it'd be much easier & could be done quietly. Still, it's possible that he gave her something before he left for VA.....

In BC's case, if he murdered Nancy, it may not have been pre-meditated & he might not have had a chance. Or, if he did give the kids sleeping meds (thus, premed.), the meds would have been out of their system by the time LE was involved in a murder investigation (had to find Nancy's body first....)

here is a blowup of the possible blood stain on the lampshade as well as a recreation of what i see when i look at the photo with my eyes very close to the computer screen

coopershade.jpg

I went back yout your original lightened up image that you posted, and used the Microsoft magnifier program. I could see it pretty well when I set it for 8X magnification, and I DO see it in the lighter image. I could not make it out at all on the darker one. If I set the magnifier at 9X magnification, the image gets too pixelated to tell for sure if I am seeing something that is really there, or an artifact from the attempts of the computer to accurately display colors, but having to use adjacent pixels of color to approximate the correct one.

CyberPro

Holy Crow Saint! I better schedule that laser eye surgery!:)

i haven't had a chance to really eyeball the photos but it was dogwood who asked what we saw that made me really scrutinize a few of the ones in the slide show.

of course there are digital artifacts on the blowups because the photos uploaded to the slide show weren't high resolution, so it is hard to know whether it truly was a shadow or something else, but it did look like blood splatter to me.

there are digital artifacts surrounding the videographer's hand and camera as seen on the shade, so the red spots might also be just artifacts.

cyberpro. i'm on a mac and i used the Grab application to select each of the photos
in the slide show.

i then imported them into PhotoShop and blew them up and lightened the foyer photo.

there is a lot of digital noise but if you put your eyes very near the screen you can make out the pattern of dark red on the lampshade. it is just hard to be certain what it actually is or whether it is an optical illusion.

the new photoshop documents that i created were only 72dpi, low resolution

:clap: No kidding hey? And what's even more "interesting" is that the husband of the woman who was murdered had an extra marital fling with the blogger's wife ..... and they're still best friends. (I don't care if it was his ex at the time either.) I think I'm getting a better picture of what these guys think about women.

"misery loves company."
both men were burned by heather m.

That means if it is the Charleston/Windsor we either have lost 84 sq. ft. somewhere or the tax records are off by 84 sq. ft., the latter happens a lot around here. Not sure how thorough they are in NC.

tax records are often off around here, too. the assessors usually don't go into the house, but measure from the outside....

That's a lot of mess for a fly!

I do see the stain... I wonder if it means anything? Would he have been so careful but missed that? Would he not be under arrest now if that was NC's blood??

maybe brad just didn't see it because he was concentrating on getting rid of nancy's body,

the splatter is facing a certain direction that he may not have seen. there is a colorful painting or textile hanging that is to camera left of the lamp. maybe it pulls focus when you are walking inside the house. he may have left the house from the back and not seen it as the videographer sees it
from her vantage point.

it could have been a dumb mistake.

I went back yout your original lightened up image that you posted, and used the Microsoft magnifier program. I could see it pretty well when I set it for 8X magnification, and I DO see it in the lighter image. I could not make it out at all on the darker one. If I set the magnifier at 9X magnification, the image gets too pixelated to tell for sure if I am seeing something that is really there, or an artifact from the attempts of the computer to accurately display colors, but having to use adjacent pixels of color to approximate the correct one.

CyberPro

I need to get to know you, CyberPro... pretty damn impressive!

maybe brad just didn't see it because he was concentrating on getting rid of nancy's body,

the splatter is facing a certain direction that he may not have seen. there is a colorful painting or textile hanging that is to camera left of the lamp. maybe it pulls focus when you are walking inside the house. he may have left the house from the back and not seen it as the videographer sees it
from her vantage point.

it could have been a dumb mistake.

Huge kudos to you for recognizing that. No matter what it is.

Huge kudos to you for recognizing that. No matter what it is.

If the search warrants get released on September 2 and are released in full, perhaps we shall find out about that lamp shade. If there is blood on it, LE should have collected it as possible evidence - the inventory might answer the question. Impatiently waiting :)

I don't remember if there is a Michael Petersen/Kathleen Petersen thread on Websleuths, so I'll ask here. If so, I'll go there. But--are they actually going to persue that "the owl did it" theory? I would think that the medical examiner in that case would be laughing hard enough to blow an aneurysm.

I don't remember if there is a Michael Petersen/Kathleen Petersen thread on Websleuths, so I'll ask here. If so, I'll go there. But--are they actually going to persue that "the owl did it" theory? I would think that the medical examiner in that case would be laughing hard enough to blow an aneurysm.

I believe the forum for Petersen is most likely in the archive section. You might want to check the Crimes in the News thread or Up to the Minute sections to see if anyone is talking about it. If it comes about - a pursuit of the owl theory - it probably will be referenced in the Crimes in the News area. Should be interesting. :crazy:

Just wanted to say hello - I have been reading here for some time and just registered so that I can post. It was great to meet several of you at Java Jive on Monday - this is a great group of people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl