Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say hello - I have been reading here for some time and just registered so that I can post. It was great to meet several of you at Java Jive on Monday - this is a great group of people!

Hello Henry,

Yes, I rmember meeting you. I was going to recommend that you use Henry the 8th!

Welcome from Lurkerland.

CyberPro

Just wanted to say hello - I have been reading here for some time and just registered so that I can post. It was great to meet several of you at Java Jive on Monday - this is a great group of people!

Hey Henry!!! I'm so glad you decided to join us. It was great to see you at JJ on Monday and I'm so glad you had the courage to show up like that! I think you'll fit right in here.

I missed the discussion from last night but went and read. I must say RC and The Saint have some great theories going on. I hope booradley comes back with an actual floor plan. Or maybe one of Nancy's friends will join us and give us the lay out.

Hey there Henry7! I recognize you! WELCOME! Glad you registered. :blowkiss:

I missed the discussion from last night but went and read. I mist say RC and The Saint have some great theories going on. I hope booradley comes back with an actual floor plan. Or maybe one of Nancy's friends will join us and give us the lay out.

Not exactly a theory Top Sail - just a thought on the possibilities. I actually try to avoid theories of how something happened, have always found my imagination is very short of the reality.

Not exactly a theory Top Sail - just a thought on the possibilities. I actually try to avoid theories of how something happened, have always found my imagination is very short of the reality.

Well the possibility is a very good one. Still I want to know what is in those warrants and the COD. I hope those warrants are unsealed Sept 2nd!!

I guess you and CyberPro were both gone by the time I got there. I'm sorry I missed getting to meet you! I did get to meet some others!

Well the possibility is a very good one. Still I want to know what is in those warrants and the COD. I hope those warrants are unsealed Sept 2nd!!

Can only think of one reason why they would remain sealed - the progress hasn't been significant enough to avoid a problem with unsealing them. We shall see.

Can only think of one reason why they would remain sealed - the progress hasn't been significant enough to avoid a problem with unsealing them. We shall see.

It just stinks. I ahs become habit in Wake and Orage county to pull this "sealed" crap. I dont think N&O and WRAL want them unsealed if it will damage the case - it's more of them saying hey, you can't let this become habit here. The last time I recall a case having sealed warrants before Eve Carson was way back in Eric Miller's case. Now every high profile case around has suddenly gone to sealing the warrants. NNeka Wilson - a black woman who was murdered shortly after Michelle Young was in the news all of two days. It wasn't a high profile case (which BTW really upset me) thus no sealed warrants.

I see from the news that NC is being somewhat hammered by the remains of Fay today - all of you stay safe and keep an ear open for weather warnings.

It just stinks. I ahs become habit in Wake and Orage county to pull this "sealed" crap. I dont think N&O and WRAL want them unsealed if it will damage the case - it's more of them saying hey, you can't let this become habit here. The last time I recall a case having sealed warrants before Eve Carson was way back in Eric Miller's case. Now every high profile case around has suddenly gone to sealing the warrants. NNeka Wilson - a black woman who was murdered shortly after Michelle Young was in the news all of two days. It wasn't a high profile case (which BTW really upset me) thus no sealed warrants.

I can't think of any reason why a sealed warrant is a bad thing, though. But I can think of why it is a good thing. Maybe they are all going this route because it helps protect cases. So many perps are getting off on a technicality nowadays, this might be the way to go for a conviction!!!

I see from the news that NC is being somewhat hammered by the remains of Fay today - all of you stay safe and keep an ear open for weather warnings.

Absolutely RC I'm watching all the warnings. It was raining sideway earlier here!!!

I can't think of any reason why a sealed warrant is a bad thing, though. But I can think of why it is a good thing. Maybe they are all going this route because it helps protect cases. So many perps are getting off on a technicality nowadays, this might be the way to go for a conviction!!!

Agreed, and sealed warrants aren't a bad thing at all as long as it is to protect the integrity of the case and not just some habit the DAs have gotten in to. The public has the right to know and the media is tying to protect their rights to the information. As I said I don;t think WRAL & N&O are fighting this to damage the case - just trying to nip the habit of sealing everything in the bud.

I think that was part of Capitol Broadcastings point - it is becoming a habit. To a certain degree I understand it, but only to a point. I also think it could be handled differently - redact some things such as names and critical information would work. The thing about open warrants - you just never know when someone might read it and realize they know something, the loss of information with all this secracy is what alarms me most. In NC, the laws of discovery already weigh heavily toward a defendent - the same laws also to a degree handcuff LE. The use of the GJ, with no ability to force witnesses to testify before a GJ and actual transcripts made of that testimony also eliminates an extremely useful tool from a DA's arsenal. Not belittling NC - just noting the slant of the law in force.

Not belittling NC - just noting the slant of the law in force.[/QUOTE]

North Carolina? Nancy Cooper? NCNative?? LOL

RC all those points are exactly what Sheriff Harrison was trying to get across on Monday at Nancy's memorial. He had a forum of "newbies" so to speak where it came to crime and crime scene investigations. I think he did a wonderful job explaining to the people the level of difficulty involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member