Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that I was a fence sitter too. Even though I thought he was most likely guilty, until today I maintained a wait and see attitude. And I don't regret it. This case still concerns me. The fact that Brad had affairs don't mean anything to me. I don't think this case is about this. I think Nancy did have some spending problems and Brad wanted to be in total control of his house due to being the "breadwinner." I am married to an legal resident but she is not a citizen yet. There is an element of control that you can have over your spouse. But Nancy was fighting back and was going to take away his daughter's. I believe that Brad does love his girls but hated his wife.

That is what this case is about. Money and control. And I do believe it was planned. Divorce can make people do bad things. I have seen it. I will also say that Brad has a good attorney. LE is going to have to find a good bit and today we have only seen probable cause to get a warrant. They better have more or he will walk.

Another situation, I don't think anyone has brought up: if a child is sick/disturbed/off their routine enough to need 2 parents at 4 a.m. wakeup, not many mothers would then go running or really even plan on being out of the house until the child was more "herself," especially just two hours later.

Of course, Brad, trying to make himself look good, and NC look bad, doesn't think of that.

Not a theory - have seen it done before on several occasions.

Just hoping it is not the girls, for their sake.
Plus with all the restrictions on the extended custody agreement, it tends to possibly lean in that direction. IMO

thank you Apex-mom for weighing in. Is there anything in particular that made you go :eek: and 'that's it!'??

Sleuthygal- In order of importance, IMO:

scratches on back of neck
cleaning frenzy on the SAME DAY SHE GOES MISSING
hair in trunk
clean trunk yet rest of car interior dirty
timeline issues

I would venture to guess they will find a solid DNA link to solve this case. I just dont think he cleaned up as well as he thought (under her fingernails? would he have thought of that? touch DNA; did he dress her?). I think it was an unplanned thing, and he just refuses to give up his life for her... she had come to mean nothing to him. How can he live with himself? I think he'll kill himself before admitting anything to her family, or going to prison.

Oh, and I bet SH knows WAYYYYY more that anyone else. Hope he can't sleep at night either.

Just hoping it is not the girls, for their sake.
Plus with all the restrictions on the extended custody agreement, it tends to possibly lean in that direction. IMO

That is an interesting question isn't it Petra ? The girls are to be in therapy and with custody established as it currently is, Brad would have no say in the matter.

I will say that I was a fence sitter too. Even though I thought he was most likely guilty, until today I maintained a wait and see attitude. And I don't regret it. This case still concerns me. The fact that Brad had affairs don't mean anything to me. I don't think this case is about this. I think Nancy did have some spending problems and Brad wanted to be in total control of his house due to being the "breadwinner." I am married to an legal resident but she is not a citizen yet. There is an element of control that you can have over your spouse. But Nancy was fighting back and was going to take away his daughter's. I believe that Brad does love his girls but hated his wife.

That is what this case is about. Money and control. And I do believe it was planned. Divorce can make people do bad things. I have seen it. I will also say that Brad has a good attorney. LE is going to have to find a good bit and today we have only seen probable cause to get a warrant. They better have more or he will walk.

Roy, there may be "...an element of control that you can have over your spouse..." in some people's world, but not in mine. No one controls me; I control no one in this marriage of 35 years. :whip2:

I think Brad could've used a bit of control on himself in the alleged adultry as well as the probable resort to murder as a sick way of handling issues.

RC, I noticed that the items detailed in SW #3 (all the computer stuff from BC home) was ALSO detailed in the SW #1 (items taken from BC home).

That duplication seems unnecessary to me. Any thought on that?

RC, I noticed that the items detailed in SW #3 (all the computer stuff from BC home) was ALSO detailed in the SW #1 (items taken from BC home).

That duplication seems unnecessary to me. Any thought on that?

This warrant listing all the computer items is IMO a warrant which must accompany the seized items to a location with facilities for the retrieval of data from the various drives. In other words forensic computer data retrieval - simply indicates that permission is granted for the retrieval of any and all data that may be found on the drives that may relate to the items listed in Section I. Seems normal to me.

From conversing with you I don't think you understand much of what I am thinking actually. No conspiracy issues at all, your words not mine.

Apologies RC, didn't mean to mis-interpret here! Earlier on the thread, when discussing the 3rd warrant, I recalled:

raisincharlie said:
I believe a deal has been struck between the media and the DA which tends to make me think several things [...] I think we are dealing with a person.

Then, more recently a query to the group:
raisincharlie said:
Looking at this I am beginning to believe there is no "undisclosed location" and that the warrant for retreival of digital/astral data from the computers is indeed the third warrant. Any thoughts ?

I guess I took "struck a deal" as a "conspiracy" of sorts, but wasn't trying to imply anything [ and sorry if that wasn't an accurate representation of your posts on the subject ]

Regardless, if you're looking for thoughts/opinions on whether or not the 3rd warrant is for the data associated with the computers, then fwiw, my thought is that yes, that would seem a reasonable conclusion to me. [ vs some other explanation ]

Again, apologies if I've mis-stated anything you've said (wasn't intentional). :)

BTW, for ease of use/referral I listed each of the items seized from each SW and put the lists in the legal documents section.

I'm thinking about the "green colored dress" and the "Corso Como hi-heel" shoes again. My latest question: maybe Nancy bought and new dress and shoes and Brad saw it, got angry and used the shoes/dress as murder weapons. One can do damage with a high heeled shoe. A dress can be used to tie around the neck, etc. Scenario: "OH, so you had to go out and buy another expensive dress and pair of shoes? Well while I'm at it, here's what I think of your shoes and dress...!" And with that, the rage ensues. :furious: Just another brain spasm.

Okay - some theories please:

4 am - sick child claim, this would explain any lights that were on that may have been noticed by neighbors ?

After making two trips to HT for milk and laundry detergent Brad takes Katie to his office area - did he just forget about Bella ?

Nancy was doing laundry during the time she was also caring for Katie, so just by chance Brad notices there is no laundry detergent (from affidavit) and decides to pick up some more ?

Just a few questions, I project more coming soon. :crazy:

I'm thinking about the "green colored dress" and the "Corso Como hi-heel" shoes again. My latest question: maybe Nancy bought and new dress and shoes and Brad saw it, got angry and used the shoes/dress as murder weapons. One can do damage with a high heeled shoe. A dress can be used to tie around the neck, etc. Scenario: "OH, so you had to go out and buy another expensive dress and pair of shoes? Well while I'm at it, here's what I think of your shoes and dress...!" And with that, the rage ensues. :furious: Just another brain spasm.
I've been also wondering about these items. Doesn't seem like attire one would wear to a bbque. They may have been drapped across her bed and/or lying near where the stain was seen, and LE felt because of their proximity these items could have trace evidence of the same fluid.

SleuthyGal Just wanted to give you a huge THANK YOU!:clap: for detailing the S/W info in the media thread! Appreciated!!:blowkiss:

Okay - some theories please:

4 am - sick child claim, this would explain any lights that were on that may have been noticed by neighbors ?

After making two trips to HT for milk and laundry detergent Brad takes Katie to his office area - did he just forget about Bella ?

Nancy was doing laundry during the time she was also caring for Katie, so just by chance Brad notices there is no laundry detergent (from affidavit) and decides to pick up some more ?

Just a few questions, I project more coming soon. :crazy:

Did BC say they were dealing with a 'sick' child? I don't recall reading that.

Why were BOTH he and Nancy doing laundry early Sat. morning? How many loads of laundry were done? Who did what first?

How late did the kids sleep in on Sat? Did Katie go back to sleep at any point after 4am? What time did the kids actually get up?

SleuthyGal Just wanted to give you a huge THANK YOU!:clap: for detailing the S/W info in the media thread! Appreciated!!:blowkiss:

You and everyone are VERY WELCOME! I keep needing to refer to items so I figured others would need to as well.

What do you think about scratches and red marks observed on the back of his neck? And the 4+ hours of cleaning?

Hey Sleuthy...

They could be a result of anything! Have no idea how big, deep, shape...I mean I can scratch my neck right now and leave marks. A tag on the back of my shirt could cause red marks. Why didn't Det ask BC how they got there? For all we know, the 2 yr old could have been clinging to her Dad for awhile that day, they were out and about, I assume he carried her in his arms, she could have put them there.

The cleaning. Where's the clorox smell? The luminol? He's in the doghouse for leaving the house in a pig-sty, while she was at Hilton Head Island. Everyone in the 'hood knows NC is on the warpath about the house being filthy, so he's pushing a vacuum, doing laundry, cleaning the johns, the floors...one can argue he's trying to appease NC. There's gotta be a record of a phone call to cancel tennis, he keeps on cleaning, maybe NC will be civil when she gets back. Cleaning for 4 hours, I dunno how much he got done, while having to keep a 2 yr and 4 yr old occupied.

Gas in the trunk? Hair? I've vacuumed/hosed many spills and not bothered to do the whole car. The hair could be any type of hair. Anyones.

The green/veggie stuff could be anything, a rotten banana.

I do wonder about a few things.

1). NC came home after midnight, back up around 4 and goes running on little sleep. Maybe she was used to that, I didnt get a lot of sleep when my two were that young and they are 18 months apart, those were very busy days for me. Was this norm, could she operate on 4 hours of sleep, maybe, did she forget her phone and key, and did she carry them with her religiously?

2). Jessica Adam. Why did this woman insist NC go paint the next morning, and call her the night before at 10:30 pm to make sure she was coming, when she obviously knew NC and BC had a major fight about the painting? Do you think she might regret this now? Is it possible that NC had planned to run by her house and tell her painting might not be a good idea right now given it's causing some tension in the house and something happened to NC while out?

3). Back to COD and TOD. How, what, when, and where's the evidence? From the items ceased, it appears LE is checking fibers.

4). Death by suspicious nature....what does this mean? Face down.

I don't know what to think of the high heels.

Did BC say they were dealing with a 'sick' child? I don't recall reading that.

Why were BOTH he and Nancy doing laundry early Sat. morning? How many loads of laundry were done? Who did what first?

How late did the kids sleep in on Sat? Did Katie go back to sleep at any point after 4am? What time did the kids actually get up?

Last paragraph on page 4 of the probable cause section:

"both he and Nancy had awoke around 0400 to care for their two year old child"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members