Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he drug her body across the garage floor and some of her hair caught on the spoiler as he drug her past it.

My thoughts too. First we have to find out if the hair on the outside of his car matches NC's.

However, the hair on the lid of his trunk is IMHO even more suspicious.

A personality like BC's....there is no way he is going to clean, just because NC is upset with him. No matter how much fighting they have done over him being a PIG!

He is the classic type who would just let it get as messy as it can before he will lift a finger to do housework, if ever. He'd buy paper plates rather than wash a dish. He had bugs running around and it didn't bother him.

He is doing this for control and spite more than any other reason. It was obvious it was her job in his eyes..not his.

CLEANING=COVER UP

My thoughts too. First we have to find out if the hair on the outside of his car matches NC's.

However, the hair on the lid of his trunk is IMHO even more suspicious.

If the hair on the spoiler and inside the wheel well turns out to be Nancy's - it is way more incriminating that hair inside the trunk. I've banged my head more than once on a boot lid. He can always claim Nancy used the car - which she did prior to the purchase of the X5, if you recall. Kinda hard to explain hair on the spoiler and wheel well - especially if it belongs to your deceased wife.

...Not too hinky, SG. Remember the state of his sheets and the condition of the home NC returned to after vacation. I doubt his car is kept in pristine condition. I'm surprised they didn't mention french fries and straw wrappers (which is what you would have discoverd in my husband's car when my kids were the ages of Bella & Katie).

True. I guess he only cares about the state of his trunk! :rolleyes: Seriously, that is the LAST place I worry about being clean. As I said some weeks before, some liquid laundry detergent oozed out and onto some items and onto the trunk carpet when I was moving stuff into my house, and I didn't even realize it for many weeks because my trunk was full of stuff I hadn't unloaded yet. And when I finally did...eh...I just kind of left the stain there, hoping it would dry up. I only concerned myself with the items that had gotten laundry detergent on them--those I rinsed off/cleaned up. It's been well over a year now and the spot did dry out, more or less.

Brad's rabid cleaning of his house reminds me exactly of the things Scott Peterson did the morning Laci supposedly 'went missing.'

1. Cleaned and mopped the floor, even though their housekeeper had been there the day before!
2. Did laundry!
3. Gas spillage found in the shed on a tarp (believed by LE to destroy any evidence of DNA, which it would have).

If the hair on the spoiler and inside the wheel well turns out to be Nancy's - it is way more incriminating that hair inside the trunk. I've banged my head more than once on a boot lid. He can always claim Nancy used the car - which she did prior to the purchase of the X5, if you recall. Kinda hard to explain hair on the spoiler and wheel well - especially if it belongs to your deceased wife.
Ahhh...RC are you....British, ole' chap???

I've been stuck on Brad's excuse for "cleaning" the trunk.

Brad Cooper advised both detectives that he had "spilled gas" within the trunk of the vehicle a few weeks prior and wanted to "clean it" for that reason. There was no odor or either gasoline, a cleaning solution or a fragrance within the trunk of the motor vehicle.

When I used to get gas for the lawn mower, I'd put the gas can in the back on the floor behind the driver's seat. Some might spill and yes, there was a smell but for a very short time because it evaporated. So Brad is saying that he cleans after a few weeks!!Why? Was there a stain on the carpet? If so, he would have had to use something like vinegar or liquid dish soap. The detectives couldn't smell any cleaner at all.

:liar:
I just can't imagine ANYONE riding around with the smell of gasoline in their car for even ONE DAY, especially in the summer time.

Yes you have a good point. I was imagining his lawyer trying to infer that her hair was somehow 'floating' around their garage and that's how it could have gotten into the wheel well and spoiler. Not plausible in my mind, but I can see the argument being attempted.

I just can't imagine ANYONE riding around with the smell of gasoline in their car for even ONE DAY, especially in the summer time.

Beats the smell of decomposition in a car in the summer. cf. the Caylee Anthony thread.

Ms. Jilly

I am curious about your thoughts on this brown green veggie matter collected from somewhere on or in the 325i, the grass in the right front seat, and the 2 exterior door handle swabs and 1 interior door handle swab from the 325i. It seems rather clear the 325 plays in to LE's suspicions very mightily. Any thoughts ?

ETA - LE says in the probable cause section that Nancy was found face down in the pond.

Clearly they believe they have evidence that points to the possible use of that 325i sedan as a vehicle that was involved in transporting Nancy's body. Swabs of the door handle ... looking for his DNA, her DNA or a combo of both (DNA was found in the O.J. simpson case in the door handle and inside the door and on the console, and it was blood..combo of his, hers and Goldman's).

Hair, fibers (wondering if they found any on NC's body from either BC or the car carpeting or...??), bodily fluids of any kind...

All of these things could be present, depending. I wonder if he put down a blanket or tarp or something in his trunk.

Or he drug her body across the garage floor and some of her hair caught on the spoiler as he drug her past it.

If he dragged her in a position like the 'heimlich' to get her into the car then her head would be postioned low enough get her hair caught.

This could also be the so called brownish green vegtable material they got. It means she emptied some stomach contents that might have remained in her stomach once he got her in the trunk by using this position.

Once her muscles stopped working she should not vomit since she has nothing to force the material up unless this 'heimlich' position was used. Urine and feces go freely once muscles relax, but not vomit.

No wonder you're so good at sleuthing. Must have some Scotland Yard blood in you. :-)

ETA- I believe British detective novelists are the best!

I believe it only counts if he wears a plaid cap and smokes a pipe! :wink:

Clearly they believe they have evidence that points to the possible use of that 325i sedan as a vehicle that was involved in transporting Nancy's body. Swabs of the door handle ... looking for his DNA, her DNA or a combo of both (DNA was found in the O.J. simpson case in the door handle and inside the door and on the console, and it was blood..combo of his, hers and Goldman's).

Hair, fibers (wondering if they found any on NC's body from either BC or the car carpeting or...??), bodily fluids of any kind...

All of these things could be present, depending. I wonder if he put down a blanket or tarp or something in his trunk.

Hair and fibers on Nancy's body may be minimal since they said she found face down in the pond.

If he dragged her in a position like the 'heimlich' to get her into the car then her head would be postioned low enough get her hair caught.

This could also be the so called brownish green vegtable material they got. It means she emptied some stomach contents that might have remained in her stomach once he got her in the trunk by using this position.

Once her muscles stopped working she should not vomit since she has nothing to force the material up unless this 'heimlich' position was used. Urine and feces go freely once muscles relax, but not vomit.

I'm very curious as to what this brown/green stuff is and exactly where it was found. The SW did not specify and I NEED EXACT INFO!! Anyway, actually 'vomit' or 'discharge/fluid/stuff' can come up...I read a story of a little girl who died from Cystic Fibrosis and her father described in detail what happened after she died and this green bile/mucus stuff oozed out of her mouth and onto his lap. I know, TMI, but that's what happened.

Hair and fibers on Nancy's body may be minimal since they said she found face down in the pond.
I don't think they found her in a wet section of the pond. We saw the site. This part was dry, and the "pond" statement was retracted earlier on.

I don't think he would have moved her that way to be frank about it. By dragging I am suggesting by her feet. hard to tell if that would be vomit - no id on where the material was even found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm