Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownish/green vegetable material....I don't think they would have said "vegetable" if they didn't mean it. I think they could tell it was some type of vegetable. Something she ate the night beofre?

Or "Spit-up" from one of the kids perhaps?

Just curious: based on the release of the warrants today, is anyone now on the page that they would return a verdict of "guilty" if they were sitting on a jury today... or does reasonable doubt still exist?

Absolutely could NOT 'convict.' Don't know a ton of stuff like COD, what she was wearing, results of testing, DNA, fiber analysis, hair analysis, results of what was on the hard drives, if anything. Nope. I need to have ALL the info in front of me and all tests completed and results available.

I BELIEVE he did it, but I could not convict him based on what is available so far.

Lets go back to her purse. Now we know Brad had access to her car keys, which she kept so close to her heart before her demise. Why did he leave her purse in her car? Why/or did he leave the papers she had stowed there out of his reach? Did he not think? Did he not have time?

And I also believe the grey seat covers came from the car.

It would seem that way but the covers were listed with things from the house; so, I am not so sure about that. Why do you think they came from the car?

Lets go back to her purse. Now we know Brad had access to her car keys, which she kept so close to her heart before her demise. Why did he leave her purse in her car? Why/or did he leave the papers she had stowed there out of his reach? Did he not think? Did he not have time?

He didn't have time to worry about it, but thought he had time.

And I also believe the grey seat covers came from the car.

Oh perhaps! They didn't say where the seat covers came from...I thought they had taken them from inside the house, but the SW doesn't really specify exactly what was the source of the seat covers.

Perhaps the question should be, "why did Brad put her purse in her car in the first place?" And then, "why did he continue to leave her purse in the car?"

I'm very curious as to what this brown/green stuff is and exactly where it was found. The SW did not specify and I NEED EXACT INFO!! Anyway, actually 'vomit' or 'discharge/fluid/stuff' can come up...I read a story of a little girl who died from Cystic Fibrosis and her father described in detail what happened after she died and this green bile/mucus stuff oozed out of her mouth and onto his lap. I know, TMI, but that's what happened.

SG....yes it is horrible to see this happen and listen to it. Once the muscles stop working/contracting they will not vomit unless forced out or suctioned out.

Any patient put to sleep for surgery that has ANY stomach contents a drug called anectine is given to stop all muscle movement to keep them from vomiting and aspiration during their intubation.

IF this is vomit that was found and NC was carried in this manner this would have been the forced method of her stomach contents to surface.
To have it listed with the 2001 vehicle and not garage floor I assume it was found somewhere in or on the BMW.

Perhaps the question should be, "why did Brad put her purse in her car in the first place?" And then, "why did he continue to leave her purse in the car?"
Good thought. Hmmmmm. Wonder if those papers were found in her car...the ones her friends reported she kept there...the ones she made notes of regarding his shenannigans. Didn't say in the SW's

Absolutely could NOT 'convict.' Don't know a ton of stuff like COD, what she was wearing, results of testing, DNA, fiber analysis, hair analysis, results of what was on the hard drives, if anything. Nope. I need to have ALL the info in front of me and all tests completed and results available.

I BELIEVE he did it, but I could not convict him based on what is available so far.

Yeah, I'm on this page too... (the not-ready-to-convict part for sure. Though, I suppose based on current knowns, Theory A (BC did it) has to remain a front-runner)

It would be nice to know the maximum reasonable timetable for the forensics. It seems to me (but what do I know :) ), that if the forensics ARE back, and there's been no arrest, then LE very well could have very little of substance... and this case could remain unsolved for a fairly protracted period.

OTOH, if the forensics are NOT back yet, then it could very well be that an arrest could come 'any day now' (post GJ, etc).

Hence my (earlier posted) question on "after how much time has passed, it is reasonable to conclude the initial forensics are likely complete?" (it's been posted that it takes months, and that 60 days isn't uncommon... how much time is considered uncommonly long? (6 months? 1 year? 2 years? less? more?)).

I want to know the state of that cell phone LE found in the house.

1. Was it turned on or off?
2. Was the battery charged or run down or partially charged?
3. Had any calls been answered?
4. Who called exactly and what time?
5. Can LE find out if the phone had been turned off at any time between midnight and when they recovered the phone?
6. Did a call come from NC's cell phone to Brad's cell phone at HT? What time?
7. Was there any forensic evidence on or near the phone?

The key to the X5 may answer that question - if his fingerprints are on the key and he has admitted that the X5 was her primary vehicle, and the friends are correct she always had the key and her cell phone - the presence of his finger prints on the key to the X5 might well answer the question of who put the purse in the vehicle. Also in the photos from the N & O - they were taking prints on the X5.

Hence my question on after how much time has passed, it is reasonable to conclude the initial forensics are likely complete. (it's been posted that it takes months, and that 60 days isn't uncommon... how much time is considered uncommon? (6 months? 1 year? 2 years? less?)).

don't know. Depends on how backed-up the crime lab is, how many samples they are testing, what is ahead of this case, if anything, if they sent any samples out to other labs and how quickly those labs can turn something around, which kind of DNA testing is being done (some take longer). All variables...there is no ONE time frame that can apply. However, I think it would be reasonable to assume that everything should be tested within 6 months and possibly within 3 months, depending.

Nancy's friends will know about the grey seat covers, the shoes, dress, and other things we don't know about. Nancy's friends probably know why she wasn't feeling well on Friday night too.

I cannot imagine Nancy's frozen fear once it registers in her mind that Brad is killing her. KILLING HER, and she can't escape. Did she try to run, grab something to fight back, or was she ambushed from behind? Smothered? The scenarios could drive me nuts like a never ending nightmare. I hate not knowing.

The key to the X5 may answer that question - if his fingerprints are on the key and he has admitted that the X5 was her primary vehicle, and the friends are correct she always had the key and her cell phone - the presence of his finger prints on the key to the X5 might well answer the question of who put the purse in the vehicle. Also in the photos from the N & O - they were taking prints on the X5.

Yes. And ditto prints on HER cell phone too. If he said he didn't check her phone or answer it that Saturday then her prints should be the last ones on it, right?

RC, all the flower memorials were laid in one spot at the front of the pond area- one on top of the other over a period of time- as if the mourner knew exactly where her body laid. There was no water there. A little water was past the fence and then over the berm. I truly believe this particular spot was where her body was found based on the call from the dog walker. He had to walk to the edge to see it...as we did. It could resonably described as "the pond" because it was part of the indentation of land of the drainage area as a whole. Kind of like the seashore when the tide is out.

I'm with RD on this one.

From the side of the road it would take quite a few steps to get to the "pond", more steps than someone would want to take to dump a body. A dead body is heavvvvy.

I don't think she was found in the "wet" part.

trace taping is picking up 'trace evidence' like fibers, hair, stuff like that with pieces of tape for later examination in the crime lab.

Yes. And ditto prints on HER cell phone too. If he said he didn't check her phone or answer it that Saturday then her prints should be the last ones on it, right?

Would most likely be the clearest latent prints for sure. This is also why I am wondering who made the 640 call - if it was from her cell phone - were her prints on the phone or where Brads ? If not the cell phone - the land line was used then phone records will prove it, maybe not so much prints because JA called that morning and he answered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin