Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fsmlaw.org/kosrae/code/title06/t06p04c43.htm#section_6_4304___procedure_

........................snip..........................

(1) The person seizing property pursuant to a search warrant gives to the person from whom or from whose premises he seized the property a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the seized property or leaves the copy and receipt at the place from which he seized the property.

(2) Promptly following completion of the search, the person executing a search warrant writes on the warrant a signed statement of action taken pursuant to the warrant, showing the date of the search, the person or place searched, and the person to whom he gave a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the property taken or the place where he left the copy and receipt. He delivers to the Court the warrant, with a written inventory of property taken, and the property seized.

(3) The seizing person writes the inventory in the presence of the applicant for the warrant and the person from whose possession or premises he seized the property, or in the presence of at least one credible person other than the applicant for the warrant or the person from whose possession or premises he seized the property following the seizing person's signed sworn statement that the inventory is a true account of all property seized by him pursuant to the warrant. Upon return of a search warrant and a request the Court provides a copy of an inventory to the person from whom or from whose premises the executing person seized the property and to the applicant for the warrant.

http://www.fsmlaw.org/kosrae/code/title06/t06p04c43.htm#section_6_4304___procedure_

........................snip..........................

(1) The person seizing property pursuant to a search warrant gives to the person from whom or from whose premises he seized the property a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the seized property or leaves the copy and receipt at the place from which he seized the property.

(2) Promptly following completion of the search, the person executing a search warrant writes on the warrant a signed statement of action taken pursuant to the warrant, showing the date of the search, the person or place searched, and the person to whom he gave a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the property taken or the place where he left the copy and receipt. He delivers to the Court the warrant, with a written inventory of property taken, and the property seized.

(3) The seizing person writes the inventory in the presence of the applicant for the warrant and the person from whose possession or premises he seized the property, or in the presence of at least one credible person other than the applicant for the warrant or the person from whose possession or premises he seized the property following the seizing person's signed sworn statement that the inventory is a true account of all property seized by him pursuant to the warrant. Upon return of a search warrant and a request the Court provides a copy of an inventory to the person from whom or from whose premises the executing person seized the property and to the applicant for the warrant.

In this case one will note - a copy of the warrant for the house and cars was left at the residence since Brad was not present when the search was completed, standard. The Cisco warrant was left with a person who appeared to be in control of the premises - a representative of Cisco, name and address included, standard. The third warrant accompanied the siezed property to its new location - most likely a computer forensics facility - included is a list of things to be looked for and extracted, standard.

From this one can conclude the only warrant seen by Brad and lawyer friend would have been for the residence. Actually, I'm still wondering why the DA wanted these sealed. Very much less incriminating than those in the MY case served on JY. Strange given past performances.

<snip>

Would luminol have been mentioned if they used it?? Could this process have done in the garage or would they have needed to take it elsewhere for testing?

Why would they take the NCSU graduation program??? That just seems a little random - unless they were they looking for names or something?

<snip>

And is it standard for four LEOs to be present during an initial 'missing person' incident? Or could the number have been more to do with JA's tone and suspicion (during the 911 calls and/or when the first LEO arrived)?

Just a few responses Maconrich

Luminol - use of it would not be referenced in the search warrant or the inventory. Recall that LE arrived at the house sometime shortly after 2:30 am - plenty dark to use luminol in the house and since LE had been in the house previously, areas of interest were already known. As to the car - in a nice dark garage - no reason to take it anywhere else for luminol testing if it was conducted.

Bet Brad would not have been happy - luminol and fingerprint collection leaves quite a mess. Another cleaning binge ?

The NCSU commencement program and photographs - as you surmise - names.

I would imagine the normal response was a couple of LEOs but given the stories they were told, additional Detectives probably arrived within short order - so did Carrie Clark. Seems as though there were a lot of people around very early on.

What is interesting to me is the TIME the SW was served,.... in the middle of the night.

From what I was reading, normally LE serves SWs during daylight hours. The only time they would serve a SW any other time is IF they feel the person(s) that have access to what they're looking for, would destroy evidence.

FWIW,
fran

PS......:eek:Did you see that BRAD?:bang:

Rainbows are typically brown leather flipflops. They are a big Southern attire for men and women and children all year round down here. They cost around $40. For FLIP FLOPS.

The brand is rainbow, not the coloration.

What is interesting to me is the TIME the SW was served,.... in the middle of the night.

From what I was reading, normally LE serves SWs during daylight hours. The only time they would serve a SW any other time is IF they feel the person(s) that have access to what they're looking for, would destroy evidence.

FWIW,
fran

PS......:eek:Did you see that BRAD?:bang:

Seems to me, based on stories told to them, LE had a very large concern that additional evidence would have been destroyed given that it was determined earlier in the day that Nancy's death was indeed a homicide.

What I would like to know however, is since Brad was at SH's house and LE showed up over there at 3 am to get DNA samples, according to Brad - was the 325i over there as well or had SH came over and got Brad and the girls ? If the 325 was at SH's - was it searched there or did LE bring it back to the residence or did Brad bring it back with LE tagging along behind? Or did he have the X5 in use, but also had to return it ?

Rainbows are typically brown leather flipflops. They are a big Southern attire for men and women and children all year round down here. They cost around $40. For FLIP FLOPS.

The brand is rainbow, not the coloration.

You sure burst my visual :crazy:

Seems to me, based on stories told to them, LE had a very large concern that additional evidence would have been destroyed given that it was determined earlier in the day that Nancy's death was indeed a homicide.

What I would like to know however, is since Brad was at SH's house and LE showed up over there at 3 am to get DNA samples, according to Brad - was the 325i over there as well or had SH came over and got Brad and the girls ? If the 325 was at SH's - was it searched there or did LE bring it back to the residence or did Brad bring it back with LE tagging along behind? Or did he have the X5 in use, but also had to return it ?

I hadn't thought about his car search that night. That would account for us only having pictures of LE checking out Nancy's vehicle. Bet the media didn't know Brad was over at his friend's, at the time of the search. They probably found out later. So, no visuals.

Good catch RC! Bet Brad's friend was SURPRISED! ;)

JMHO
fran

You sure burst my visual :crazy:
RC, you "ain't" cool unless ya have a pair of Rainbows. I have some, my kids do...love um. Wore them all summer...everyway. Ya need to get some, man, so you can be cool, too. :-) Bet you didn't think you'd learn practical information...such as fashion sense... on this site, did you?

RC, you "ain't" cool unless ya have a pair of Rainbows. I have some, my kids do...love um. Wore them all summer...everyway. Ya need to get some, man, so you can be cool, too. :-) Bet you didn't think you'd learn practical information...such as fashion sense... on this site, did you?

Sure didn't think fashion sense would be learned but now I know that ladies should wear dresses to neighborhood bbq parties and everyone wears rainbow flip flops - even with dresses ?

Say do you recall anyone saying for sure what Nancy had on at the party ? I have heard black dress, not sure where that came from but LE did take a green dress and some high heels - is that really what she wore Friday night do you know ?

Sure didn't think fashion sense would be learned but now I know that ladies should wear dresses to neighborhood bbq parties and everyone wears rainbow flip flops - even with dresses ?

Say do you recall anyone saying for sure what Nancy had on at the party ? I have heard black dress, not sure where that came from but LE did take a green dress and some high heels - is that really what she wore Friday night do you know ?
People are assuming a black dress because its what she had on the the picture labeled "saddest party ever". But I personally don't think those pics were taken that night. I'd vote it was an April party when they thought she was leaving for Canada. But i may be wrong. I sure wish one of her friends would verify this for us. Maybe NancyFriend? Can you find out for us? Thanks.

ETA-...even with dresses. I do.

People are assuming a black dress because its what she had on the the picture labeled "saddest party ever". But I personally don't think those pics were taken that night. I'd vote it was an April party when they thought she was leaving for Canada. But i may be wrong. I sure wish one of her friends would verify this for us. Maybe NancyFriend? Can you find out for us? Thanks.

ETA-...even with dresses. I do.

I also think the "saddest party ever" was back in April when everyone thought Nancy was leaving. It seems to me LE has verified it - a green dress - I suspect they got this information from DD since she was interviewed the Saturday Nancy went missing. Le would have asked about where she was before and what she was doing before she went missing.

Thanks - I was wondering the source of that information. :)

Even with a dress huh ?

I think I'll give my adult daughter a call. She works for Google in New York City. I'll get her to see if their top Googles for today are "Rainbow Flip Flops" and "verisimilitude".

Daphne - wanted to give you a shout out and say thanks once again for the the floorplan - came in very useful when going through these warrants. So - great job - appreciate it ! :clap:

I think I'll give my adult daughter a call. She works for Google in New York City. I'll get her to see if their top Googles for today are "Rainbow Flip Flops" and "verisimilitude".

LOL!!! I was just going to google rainbows -- I'm soooo out of fashion -- I've been wearing crocs all summer! (dang - $80 for a pair of flip flops. I like shoes, but that's more than I would pay for flip flops!!!)

And verisimilitude -- :saythat: sorry......"the appearance or semblance of truth; likelihood; probability: The play lacked verisimilitude."

I also think the "saddest party ever" was back in April when everyone thought Nancy was leaving. It seems to me LE has verified it - a green dress - I suspect they got this information from DD since she was interviewed the Saturday Nancy went missing. Le would have asked about where she was before and what she was doing before she went missing.

Thanks - I was wondering the source of that information. :)

Even with a dress huh ?

RC for what it's worth, I too wear rainbows every day of my life. I work in an office where jeans and flip flops are the daily attire. I have 2 pairs of black, 1 dark brown, 1 tan, 1 white and 1 pink pair. Here in the south it is perfectly normal for a woman to wear flip flips with a casual summer dress. Rainbow Flip Flops are quite comfortable as well. Most of the styles are dark colored but my daughter does have a lime green pair - yuck.

I had a prof at Meredith College who used the word "verisimilitude" frequently. She, however would have never worn a pair of Rainbows, being a crochety old English prof in olden days.

RC for what it's worth, I too wear rainbows every day of my life. I work in an office where jeans and flip flops are the daily attire. I have 2 pairs of black, 1 dark brown, 1 tan, 1 white and 1 pink pair. Here in the south it is perfectly normal for a woman to wear flip flips with a casual summer dress. Rainbow Flip Flops are quite comfortable as well. Most of the styles are dark colored but my daughter does have a lime green pair - yuck.

Well I have to say ladies wearing dresses to a neighborhood bbq party seems a bit strange to me as well but to each their own. You southern ladies still have that flare for the cotillion. I understand.

Lime green - could be worse :)

Topsail have you had a chance to go through the warrants in detail yet ? In particular, the residence ?

I guess since they took every last computer of his as evidence he probably had to go and purchase another one. Wonder if Cisco gave him a(nother) work laptop or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm