Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that when BC told NC that she could take the kids to Canada that it was an attempt to lead her into false hope that everything was going to work in her favor. She probably let her guard down a little then. He thought that when he turned around and said no that he would get her to submit to being controlled and stay here. That's when he really clamped down on the allowance and control of the money. Closing bank accounts that are only half yours is outright theft. The proper way is to take half the money and open a new account. Then you have acted in a way that is above board. Denying the other spouse money or maintainence will really backfire and not in your favor. BC was constantly seeing that he was really losing control of all situations and decided to take the next step. One day soon I hope that he sees what it's like for someone else to control the rest of his life "assuming he is guilty".

So are you still assuming he went to HT at 4 am ?
I am not summarizing or stating something that LE said in a SW without clarifying that I'm assuming an outcome that wasn't mention specifically. With HT I am stating that Mom actually told us something...we all can read what she told us. You are mixing two things here.

A few days ago I posted this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2605466&postcount=332

and it was pointed out to me earlier today that some of you might have thought I was somehow referring to Jason Young in that post. And LOLOLOL. OMG NO! :doh:

"J.A. Young" is a Sr. Police Officer with the Cary Police Dept and he was the one who took the lead in getting the search warrants and probable cause affidavit in the Cooper case. It is his signature on the probable cause affidavit and SWs. He is the one I was referring to in that previous post.

For the record, I would never want wife killer Jason Young (let alone any murderer) to be anywhere in my vicinity, let alone near my house or my dog or even mowing my lawn (no matter how much I hate mowing the lawn)!! :eek:

Whew. I feel better. I got a hearty laugh though at what some of you must have thought when I said I "wanted to give J. Young a big hug...have a beer, and ask him questions..." :floorlaugh: :D

Maconrich - I found the location of the car and house keys to be a red flag. Unfortunately - the location of the keys was noted by LE on the 12th - the day Nancy went missing. Also noted in the affidavit was the FACT that the spare key to the X5 was secured inside the X5. This pretty much confirms what the friends claimed - that Nancy always kept her keys with her so Brad could not get into items she kept secured in the X5. That is why finding the key by the front door was IMO a huge red flag.

Looking through the inventory, there is no listing for the keys or for Nancy's cell phone. At this point I would say there is not a high likelyhood that LE has possession of either the keys or her cell phone.

ITA on them being a red flag and it's curious that he didn't put them and her phone by her body. Seems like that would be a no brainer - unless he needed to use her phone, needed them for something else or just ran out of time. :confused:

But since he was on a cleaning spree he probably bleached down the keys and phone before LE arrived anyway (esp if she used the keys to scratch him).

:laugh:

A few days ago I posted this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2605466&postcount=332

and it was pointed out to me earlier today that some of you might have thought I was somehow referring to Jason Young in that post. And LOLOLOL. OMG NO! :doh:
(snip)
Whew. I feel better. I got a hearty laugh though at what some of you must have thought when I said I "wanted to give J. Young a big hug...have a beer, and ask him questions..." :floorlaugh: :D

"J.A. Young" is a Sr. Police Officer with the Cary Police Dept and he was the one who took the lead in getting the search warrants and probable cause affidavit in the Cooper case.

[...]

For the record, I would never want wife killer Jason Young (let alone any murderer) to be anywhere in my vicinity, let alone near my house or my dog or even mowing my lawn (no matter how much I hate mowing the lawn)!! :eek:

I thought I read that Jason Young was no longer with his previous employer, but it's a crazy mixed up world if he is now a part of the investigation team for the BC case. Wild and crazy! ;)

I thought I read that Jason Young was no longer with his previous employer, but it's a crazy mixed up world if he is now a part of the investigation team for the BC case. Wild and crazy! ;)

Before I get 'jumped' on, yes, I do realize that "detective J.A. Young" and "Jason Young" are 2 different people. Previous post was just a joke. [ :) ]

Jumpstreet----are you kidding!

Anyway, just curious, am I the only one (based on current knowns) who is of the opinion that it's still completely within the realm of possibility (even if a small possibility) that he didn't do it?

It's absolutely within the REALM of possibility that he is innocent. There is NO sufficient evidence to support the ongoing hearsay, vicious gossip, and blah blah blah that Brad Cooper killed his wife.

If there was ANY damning evidence at this juncture, he would be behind bars.

She went for a run and never came home according to her husband, and the authorities have not proved other wise.

Until then I remain on the fence and will not convict this man in the court of pubic opinion.

Sure his actions can be interpreted as suspicious if you believe he murdered her.

It's absolutely within the REALM of possibility that he is innocent. There is NO sufficient evidence to support the ongoing hearsay, vicious gossip, and blah blah blah that Brad Cooper killed his wife.

She went for a run and never came home according to her husband, and the authorities have not proved other wise.

Until then I remain on the fence and will not convict this man in the court of pubic opinion.

Sure his actions can be interpreted as suspicious if you believe he murdered her.

Thanks for the response chauncey - very good points! [I for one believe at least some of the forensics are likely back (yes, yes, I know... forensic testing can take 6 months or more)... I still think at least some of them are back... and even so, still no arrest... ]

This has been mentioned a few times on the boards, but in case you hadn't read it, the Wake County DA (Colin Willoughby) will NOT take a case for prosecution UNTIL ALL the evidence is 'in,' meaning all testing done, including any forensics, but not only just forensics. He insists on everything being done, all 'i's' dotted and 't's' crossed. He proceeds very slowly and carefully (unlike Nifong, for instance). There's no statute of limitations for murder so he can wait to bring charges until he's got everything in, done, ready, and every little item on the to-do list is completed. He's known for this. It frustrates many people that he moves at a glacial pace. But as has also been discussed before, the DA only gets ONE SHOT to prosecute a case and this particular DA doesn't ever want to blow that shot; he is not a risk taker by any stretch. BTW, no arrest is going to be made UNTIL the DA's office is ready to proceed.

Now you can believe all the testing is back if you'd like; personally I think some of it is back and some is not since we're coming up on the 60-day mark and the crime lab turnaround is at a MINIMUM 60-days. Remember that putting together a criminal case is not only about forensics. And DNA isn't always found and therefore a murderer is not always tied forensically to his/her victim.

In the Laci Peterson murder case there was nothing in the house forensically that proved murder and there was ONE HAIR in Scott Peterson's boat, wrapped around a pair of pliers (it was Laci's hair). NOTHING else forensically was found in that case and yet Scott Peterson was not only convicted for first degree murder, he was sentenced to death. And COD was never established, nor was TOD, as Laci's body was too decomposed and missing parts, after 4 months in the SF Bay.

Evidence comes in many forms. It takes time to suss out all the different pieces of information and just because there isn't an immediate arrest and prosecution doesn't mean there never will be. If only life were as neatly wrapped up as an episode of CSI.

ITA on them being a red flag and it's curious that he didn't put them and her phone by her body. Seems like that would be a no brainer - unless he needed to use her phone, needed them for something else or just ran out of time. :confused:

But since he was on a cleaning spree he probably bleached down the keys and phone before LE arrived anyway (esp if she used the keys to scratch him).

He probably knew that she always took her cell phone but I think that one of the reasons why he didn't leave the phone with her body is that many cell phones come with GPS and can easily be tracked. If her one phone was one of those phones, she may have been located even sooner with the GPS. My phone is a relatively inexpensive phone and even it has GPS.

Just because he said she went running doesn't make it so. I wonder how many people saw her running on a regular basis. He lied about who she was running with. He has been caught in numerous other lies. His behavior that day was out of the norm. Where is that person that he had a tennis date with. I'm sure that they have been contacted. No garage is so full of stuff that someone couldn't have been knocked down by the car. All you need is two or three feet and that car is not as long as a truck. Once he inflicted a minor injury she was at his mercy to inflict more. I wouldn't even want to be his next door neighbor during this time. I'm sure he feels like a caged cat right now.....and that is a dangerous animal. He could pop at any time. If he were innocent, he would be fighting like mad right now to prove it. JMHO

Not only that, but if he were innocent, he would be looking for her killer, too, appealing to the public, and would have shown up at at least one of his own wife's memorials.

But I guess some people can't put together all the facts for themselves as this board has so meticulously and time-consumingly done for them, and no matter what is learned it will only be "vicious gossip" until LE arrests BC.

He probably knew that she always took her cell phone but I think that one of the reasons why he didn't leave the phone with her body is that many cell phones come with GPS and can easily be tracked. If her one phone was one of those phones, she may have been located even sooner with the GPS. My phone is a relatively inexpensive phone and even it has GPS.

Does the phone have to be turned on for the GPS to work?

I am not summarizing or stating something that LE said in a SW without clarifying that I'm assuming an outcome that wasn't mention specifically. With HT I am stating that Mom actually told us something...we all can read what she told us. You are mixing two things here.

You are right. But I do not agree with your interpretation of the search warrant affidavits nor do I believe LE did not check it out. My point being there has been a whole heck of a lot of summarizing and speculating - each is allowed to do so and how things are interprested are often based on one's experience.

Yes I know what Mom has said, I also know she freely admits it was told to her, not first hand knowledge. I do not doubt her truthfulness nor her reasons just as I don not doubt the truthfulness or reasons of LE.

This is a good point (kinda scary in a way). But I suspect you may have a very good idea here and one of the things Brad probably understood well was communication devices.

I actually agree with a whole lot of what you are saying but that doesn't mean he would be behind bars if they had damning evidence. There is not enough evidence that we know of right now and I stand right beside you on the fence. I do think that will change but as of now we only have evidence that was probable cause to get a warrant. Nothing else.

We believe he murdered her because his actions can be interpreted as suspicious... not the other way around.

We believe he murdered her because his actions can be interpreted as suspicious... not the other way around.

He is saying suspicions doesn't confirm guilt. Evidence does.

This has been mentioned a few times on the boards, but in case you hadn't read it, the Wake County DA (Colin Willoughby) will NOT take a case for prosecution UNTIL ALL the evidence is 'in,' meaning all testing done, including any forensics, but not only just forensics. He insists on everything being done, all 'i's' dotted and 't's' crossed. He proceeds very slowly and carefully (unlike Nifong, for instance). There's no statute of limitations for murder so he can wait to bring charges until he's got everything in, done, ready, and every little item on the to-do list is completed. He's known for this. It frustrates many people that he moves at a glacial pace. But as has also been discussed before, the DA only gets ONE SHOT to prosecute a case and this particular DA doesn't ever want to blow that shot; he is not a risk taker by any stretch. BTW, no arrest is going to be made UNTIL the DA's office is ready to proceed.

Now you can believe all the testing is back if you'd like; personally I think some of it is back and some is not since we're coming up on the 60-day mark and the crime lab turnaround is at a MINIMUM 60-days. Remember that putting together a criminal case is not only about forensics. And DNA isn't always found and therefore a murderer is not always tied forensically to his/her victim.

In the Laci Peterson murder case there was nothing in the house forensically that proved murder and there was ONE HAIR in Scott Peterson's boat, wrapped around a pair of pliers (it was Laci's hair). NOTHING else forensically was found in that case and yet Scott Peterson was not only convicted for first degree murder, he was sentenced to death. And COD was never established, nor was TOD, as Laci's body was too decomposed and missing parts, after 4 months in the SF Bay.

Evidence comes in many forms. It takes time to suss out all the different pieces of information and just because there isn't an immediate arrest and prosecution doesn't mean there never will be. If only life were as neatly wrapped up as an episode of CSI.

Good summary SG, just wanted to add that spousal murders are often more difficult to prove to the standard because the forensics and DNA in several situations is to be "expected". This requires additional investigation to verify that what is found should not be "expected" to the same standard. For example is it reasonable to find carpet fibers from the boot of the 325i on Nancy's body if indeed such fibers were found ? Is it reasonable to find Brad's DNA under Nancy's nails if it is indeed found ? Simple things such as this can make or break a case and no DA in their right mind is going to go for an indictment until such questions are answered to a specified standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper