Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh... SG... given this case... care to share exactly where and when did you get your MBA... (just checking). :crazy: ;) ;)

I finished mine in '95. I'll pass on the other details :wink:. But it took me 5 years going part time at night while working fulltime to complete it. Was glad when that was over!

I went to the dump site for the first time today. I had driven down Holly Springs Road several times, looking at the Meadow Oaks subdivision entrance. It was almost like I viewed it as the entrance to hell or something. I never went in. I thought for some reason it was all tracts, nothing built, just eerie. I was wrong about that. The first part is a lot of very nice homes with lots of land for each. The newest part is full of McMansions, and they are building more and more back there constantly. Won't be long until they are on Nancy's court. That's what they should call it, Nancy's Court. Anyway, I had wondered if Toll Brothers had seen a drop-off in interest towards the homes back there but I guess not.

I went back to the spot and parked. Someone had just recently left a wired heart with purple flowers near the road. I wondered if it was one of her friends or one of us. I also wondered how often people went back there. An older couple was walking on the road leading up to the court and they waved.

Anyway, I saw how we could be confused about whether Nancy was left on the bank or in the water. It's not really a pond, just a little retention area it looks like.

I sure hope she wasn't still alive when he left her there.

I went to the dump site for the first time today. I had driven down Holly Springs Road several times, looking at the Meadow Oaks subdivision entrance. It was almost like I viewed it as the entrance to hell or something.

I've been there twice. But never alone, which I think I need to do at some point. Both times felt very different from each other--the 2nd time was harder, emotionally. It feels so remote there to me. Did you get that same feeling?

I've been there twice. But never alone, which I think I need to do at some point. Both times felt very different from each other--the 2nd time was harder, emotionally. It feels so remote there to me. Did you get that same feeling?

No. But that may be because it probably has been built up even more since the murder occured. Houses are being built right there off the street from the court, so people were around, working. I always expected it to be so remote-feeling because I always thought there was like a mile of undeveloped land, way back in there.

But in a way, just because maybe I have seen pictures of that spot, that one spot felt isolated... it was like looking at the scene and it coming at me closer and closer, boom boom boom like on TV. I kept wondering what spot her final resting place was. It was a peaceful day and I tried to look at it that way, but underneath that I felt evil there... footprints that tracked evil to that place that have yet to be stilled...

No. But that may be because it probably has been built up even more since the murder occured. Houses are being built right there off the street from the court, so people were around, working. I always expected it to be so remote-feeling because I always thought there was like a mile of undeveloped land, way back in there.

The 2 times I was there were times when no one else was around, aside from the people I went with, and no construction was occurring, so it felt very remote to me.

But in a way, just because maybe I have seen pictures of that spot, that one spot felt isolated... it was like looking at the scene and it coming at me closer and closer, boom boom boom like on TV. I kept wondering what spot her final resting place was. It was a peaceful day and I tried to look at it that way, but underneath that I felt evil there... footprints that tracked evil to that place that have yet to be stilled...

It's surreal seeing it in person...somehow it seems smaller than what you think it will look like, esp. when you're seeing aerial images from 3,000 ft up. I just got a shiver as you described your feeling of 'evil.' :eek:

Yeah, I was glad it didn't feel remote because I wasn't so keen on going to that remote location by myself.

I wonder if BC has ever gone there.

Gone BACK there, excuse me.

Yeah, I was glad it didn't feel remote because I wasn't so keen on going to that remote location by myself.

I wonder if BC has ever gone there.

Gone BACK there, excuse me.

I wondered that too, but no, I don't believe he ever has or ever will.

And that is just so opposite of a man whose wife was murdered... by someone else.

Hmmm perhaps, I don't know, I think it depends on the person and what they can handle/or can't handle emotionally in addition to any involvement or not in a crime. I wouldn't say one way or the other since I know people in my family who could never ever handle such a thing from an emotional standpoint even if it was a friend it happened to. Alternatively, visiting is not necessarily a sign of innocence either.

Hmmm perhaps, I don't know, I think it depends on the person and what they can handle/or can't handle emotionally in addition to any involvement or not in a crime. I wouldn't say one way or the other since I know people in my family who could never ever handle such a thing. Alternatively, visiting is not necessarily a sign of innocence either.

I guess, for me, no matter how hard it was, I would want to try to feel a last connection with the person... going there would be a necessity for me...

I guess, for me, no matter how hard it was, I would want to try to feel a last connection with the person... going there would be a necessity for me...
I agree and it would be for me too.

I don't think "attack" was actually used in the media report that I heard, and I still have to look at the document that RC mentioned. Slander?

Okay, I believe the hand written document says this:

"None of the parties shall disparage the other/s and none of the parties shall discuss the circumstance surrounding the death of their Mother or the pending custody case."

That is the only statement that seems to fit. Now, this seems to be related to the children only, as far as I can tell. The media report that I am thinking of seemed to say that the parties could not slander each other in a public context, but I could be totally wrong. I remember that NC's father only made a very brief statement and I had thought at the time that this may be related to the conditions set out by the judge.

I noticed that BC went on at length in one of the documents about not knowing if Mr. Rentz worked for the institution that he claimed to work for(suggested a different name) or whether or not he had worked there for the time that he had stated (I haven't looked at the document that he responded to recently). Brad also questioned NC's father's experience. He said that social workers would be familiar with child care issues, but since Rentz was the director (?) of the institution in Alberta, he may not have the same skills or expertise. Of course not, but he would be very familiar with the range of issues that may arise in that context as director of the institution.

I thought that was pretty bizarre, and these statements seem to me to be disparaging remarks(which may be perfectly fine in a legal context). Is he suggesting that Rentz lied?? I don't think that is a very respectful way to treat your wife's father. That says a lot about Brad, to me.

I would agree. I also think the case could be made that the obvious attacks on the K & B website could be argued as being made by the lawyer and not Brad boy.

Well, it would appear Brad has an attorney with a like personality. Like Nancy's friends said, 'he's always changing the rules.'

JMHO
fran

See, this is why BC's statement that 'he loved Nancy,' and NOT going to any of the memorials or funeral are contradictory. He's shown absolutely NO love of Nancy since her murder. Well, he even went so far as to say a whole slew of disparging things about her.

Pretty well tells ME EXACTLY what he thought and THINKS of Nancy. :(

JMHO
fran

See, this is why BC's statement that 'he loved Nancy,' and NOT going to any of the memorials or funeral are contradictory. He's shown absolutely NO love of Nancy since her murder. Well, he even went so far as to say a whole slew of disparging things about her.

Pretty well tells ME EXACTLY what he thought and THINKS of Nancy. :(

JMHO
fran

And her family and friends, as well.

Tomorrow, Monday, is the hearing on the psych evaluation. Does anyone see any reason why the judge would deny it? What argument could K&B produce to block it? I see a positive decision as being in the best interests of the children.

Tomorrow, Monday, is the hearing on the psych evaluation. Does anyone see any reason why the judge would deny it? What argument could K&B produce to block it? I see a positive decision as being in the best interests of the children.

Since this is related to the custody of Brad's two children. I would think the Court would want to see some substantial evidence of mental instability (ie medical records) before a psych evaluation is ordered. There's got to be some basis for making that order.

Isn't the burden of proof on the plaintiffs? Unless they can make a case for why with evidence, I'm not sure the judge will force BC to undergo a psych exam. It all depends on what they have to offer as 'proof' at the hearing. It may be the same thing they offered to get the ex-parte motion or maybe it's something more.

Isn't the burden of proof on the plaintiffs? Unless they can make a case for why with evidence, I'm not sure the judge will force BC to undergo a psych exam. It all depends on what they have to offer as 'proof' at the hearing. It may be the same thing they offered to get the ex-parte motion or maybe it's something more.

If BC protests too much, however, would it not raise suspicion that there may be some reason he does not want his psyche probed? And remember, best interests of the children is the guiding star. That would give WCFC a lot of latitude, I think. It will be an interesting tomorrow. Judge may also order plaintiffs the same 'opportunity' for psyche evals.

Since this is related to the custody of Brad's two children. I would think the Court would want to see some substantial evidence of mental instability (ie medical records) before a psych evaluation is ordered. There's got to be some basis for making that order.

I worry so much for Katie & Bella........they have already been taken suddenly from what routines they knew, their friends, and both of their parents. I don't know if a judge can take into consideration that the only remaining parent could possibly have murder charges brought against them at any time.

To allow the girls to return to their father and then him be charged with murder resulting in them being moved YET again......I dunno. Hope the judge considers all possible angles with this custody case.

This is just my opinion....and of course, I don't know Brad Cooper but, I cannot imagine him raising & caring for two little girls....especially as young as they are.

ETA.....I wish someone from Nancy's family or one of her friends would offer a report on how the girls are doing and if they are adjusting alright........I think about those two little cuties alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20