Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this story on another local station. Same basic facts, but this version seems to have a few different details that are interesting. For example, Ed Crump points out that BC didn't attend the hearing.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6420994

"His attorney's say he's already been examined and given a dozen tests by a charlotte pyschologist who charged 12-thousand dollars"

12 g's... wow.. just wow. Would definitely not have ponied that up unless forced by the court...not even as a 'defensive/pre-emptive' measure. Fascinating.

Nancy Cooper's autopsy is in - the ruling is she died due to asphyixiation most likely due to strangulation.

Someone on GOLO just said the autopsy results are being released...

Maybe I'm losing my mind to even wonder if that's true, considering the source, but thought I might ask one of the better sleuths on here to sniff out this info!

True - strangulation.

Nancy Cooper's autopsy is in - the ruling is she died due to asphyixiation most likely due to strangulation.

As suspected. Now why did Brad's attorneys think learning the official COD would somehow prove his client did not commit the crime? Or are they hoping that whatever she was wearing/not wearing would make such an inference?

As suspected. Now why did Brad's attorneys think learning the official COD would somehow prove his client did not commit the crime? Or are they hoping that whatever she was wearing/not wearing would make such an inference?

They were never after COD - they requested the ME's notes - the only thing they were looking for was TOD - which would be found in the notes only. The death certificate would only show the day. This is why I believe he murdered her closer to 7 am than midnight.

Glad I was able to get this moving along last week. :)
Seriously... someone on GOLO has the inside connection with the ME it seems...

This is why I believe he murdered her closer to 7 am than midnight.

Understood. After 48 hrs outside in the elements with the heat and decomp I don't know if the ME could narrow TOD down to within a 3 to 7 hr window. But yes it would be interesting to see the ME's notes.

So Jump...can you sleep now that the autopsy results have been released? Does this bring you any closer to a position?

Understood. After 48 hrs outside in the elements with the heat and decomp I don't know if the ME could narrow TOD down to within a 3 to 7 hr window. But yes it would be interesting to see the ME's notes.

They needed dentals to identify her.
I assume she was in very bad shape,
The maggot size may tell the story, but no way they can narrow down below 8 hours imo.

When the report is linked, someone start a new autopsy thread

The maggot size may tell the story, but no way they can narrow down below 8 hours imo.

My understanding as well from reading about entomology and reading/watching specials about the Body Farm. Estimated TOD is not going to help Brad's case, IMHO.

My understanding as well from reading about entomology and reading/watching specials about the Body Farm. Estimated TOD is not going to help Brad's case, IMHO.

Brad is banking on it to help - if a wide enough range, it leaves open the option she was murdered after the time he said she left home. He is hoping, and his lawyer knows, TOD in this case will not be precise but rather a range - this will help Brad indeed.

No they don't.

You think it was just a lucky guess by the GOLO poster? Maybe there's no connection with the ME, but at least they seemed to have a jump on all the local media by a few hours? [ Maybe the connection is at the courthouse? ]

Does anyone know if nancy was a vegetarian by any chance ? Does anyone also recall if it was Nancy that provided ribs for party on the 11th before she went missing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member