Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't answer the bond question SG. To be honest I haven't followed the rash of murder cases in NC to make note of how many are held with or without bond. Dunno - guess it may depend on the judge's mood at the time.
That's okay. I'm too lazy to Google right now.

RC - if it does go down this way, can we agree that indeed this case will have had at least one semi-unusual element to it? ;)

One thing I will say - most grand parents are not gutsy enough to try and get custody of their grand kids in a situation such as this. That alone is unusual seeing as how NC does not recognize or endorse grand parent rights.

Holy cow SG - this guy got a $2.5 million bond ! What you think?

I saw that earlier today.

My thoughts:

1. The crime is assault and rape and a few other things, but not MURDER.

2. That said, they must consider him a danger to the community and/or a flight risk and want to make sure the community stays safe and he shows for court (and isn't able to easily make bond). He also has a prior charge...something about making threats.

I saw that earlier today.

My thoughts:

1. The crime is assault and rape and a few other things, but not MURDER.

2. That said, they must consider him a danger to the community and/or a flight risk and want to make sure the community stays safe and he shows for court (and isn't able to easily make bond). He also has a prior charge...something about making threats.

Yeah.

Brad however was listed in the Ex Parte as a possible danger to the chilldren and also as a possible flight risk. If charged with murder would a judge see it any differently I wonder ? Seems a murder charge might make me want to run a bit, especially a return to Canada who would not return on a DP case (I think).

Brad however was listed in the Ex Parte as a possible danger to the chilldren and also as a possible flight risk. If charged with murder would a judge see it any differently I wonder ? Seems a murder charge might make me want to run a bit, especially a return to Canada who would not return on a DP case (I think).

I kind of doubt that this case will actually rise to the level of DP. Look at the Ann Miller case. Premeditated and planned for a long time...up the wazoo. 2nd degree murder charge. I think the Eve Carson case will rise to the DP challenge (and it should). The Cooper case, IMHO, will not be a DP case. Murder One, probably, but not DP.

As for bond, I don't think he'll get it or else it will be so high he won't be able to gather the necessary funds and/or his passport will be confiscated and he'll have to wear some kind of monitoring device.

I kind of doubt that this case will actually rise to the level of DP. Look at the Ann Miller case. Premeditated and planned for a long time...up the wazoo. 2nd degree murder charge. I think the Eve Carson case will rise to the DP challenge (and it should). The Cooper case, IMHO, will not be a DP case. Murder One, probably, but not DP.

As for bond, I don't think he'll get it or else it will be so high he won't be able to gather the necessary funds and/or his passport will be confiscated and he'll have to wear some kind of monitoring device.

Yep, and in an unrelated but nearby case, the Bowling guy plead out to 2nd degree murder and conspiracy to commit today. He got at least 15 years, but the girlfriend who actually pulled the trigger got 26 years! WTH is up with that? Sure, she pulled the trigger, but he put her up to it, and offered to pay her 50K for doing it. She worked cheaper than that, she did it for free.

CyberPro

Yep, and in an unrelated but nearby case, the Bowling guy plead out to 2nd degree murder and conspiracy to commit today. He got at least 15 years, but the girlfriend who actually pulled the trigger got 26 years! WTH is up with that? Sure, she pulled the trigger, but he put her up to it, and offered to pay her 50K for doing it. She worked cheaper than that, she did it for free.

CyberPro

Pretty sad to think that is all the value a judge put on someone's life, especially after this went to trial - why the heck did they even let him plead at this point ? Sorry excuse for justice.

I found these posts, but no date these were posted. It appears DD doesn't deny the affidavits suspicions about who did this.

Jen states... I don't know whether the affadavits's suspicions about who ended her life are accurate are not-- I sincerely hope not for the sake of those two beautiful little girls.

art2mis answers..."every blog post" -- well, I wouldn't believe half of what you read in the press or the blog posts, but then again I'm hiding from alot of it. I'm just too close and too much of it hurts --- the truth and the lies and the wild speculations.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=31717822&postID=6895562363785548874

Momto3, you have been noticeably absent. What's up?

When "the blogger" DD mentioned that two of the people in her group of friends had had an affair of late, I won't assume that she meant BC and (any of his affairs with XX women). It could mean other of their friends, male with female, female with female, and the beat goes on. The truth is, we don't know the whole truth.

I hope you will be posting more. Variety, you know.

Does anyone know if nancy was a vegetarian by any chance ? Does anyone also recall if it was Nancy that provided ribs for party on the 11th before she went missing ?
Yes, you are correct about the BBQ ribs.

We also made the Carolina BBQ ribs tonight for a neighborhood party (yes, we do still have those, darnit). That's what Ms. N brought to our party the night before she died. They were really, really good, she would have been happy to chow down.

Posted by Art2mis at 8:21 PM

When "the blogger" DD mentioned that two of the people in her group of friends had had an affair of late, I won't assume that she meant BC and (any of his affairs with XX women). It could mean other of their friends, male with female, female with female, and the beat goes on. The truth is, we don't know the whole truth.

Wow NCN! I totally missed it being said. I wonder if BC was considered part of their group? He had stayed so distant was he included in this speculation?

Was this post recent or did we miss it before?:waitasec: 2 members having an affair.:confused:

Yes, you are correct about the BBQ ribs.

We also made the Carolina BBQ ribs tonight for a neighborhood party (yes, we do still have those, darnit). That's what Ms. N brought to our party the night before she died. They were really, really good, she would have been happy to chow down.

Posted by Art2mis at 8:21 PM

Thanks Mt3K. I knew I had heard this - just couldn't think of where. So now you can see my thought on the reported stomach contents in the autopsy. Meat takes a good while to digest, it simply wasn't found and with the above quote, it seems Nancy most likely would have made a feast of those ribs.

It will be very interesting to see if Linda Fisher files a wrongful death suit prior to November 3 on this year - that's when her time to file will expire.

Good morning!:)

I've been thinking of Linda the whole time here. Did she miss her mark by not filing for custody the day after the murder. After what we heard Cassidy say on the 911 tape, seems to me, that would have been cause alone.

I found these posts, but no date these were posted. It appears DD doesn't deny the affidavits suspicions about who did this.

Jen states... I don't know whether the affadavits's suspicions about who ended her life are accurate are not-- I sincerely hope not for the sake of those two beautiful little girls.

art2mis answers..."every blog post" -- well, I wouldn't believe half of what you read in the press or the blog posts, but then again I'm hiding from alot of it. I'm just too close and too much of it hurts --- the truth and the lies and the wild speculations.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=31717822&postID=6895562363785548874

It's amazing that you guys can find this stuff... of course, you may know DD since you live nearby...

Good morning!:)

I've been thinking of Linda the whole time here. Did she miss her mark by not filing for custody the day after the murder. After what we heard Cassidy say on the 911 tape, seems to me, that would have been cause alone.

I'm sure this is a really dumb question but... Who is Linda? Who is Cassidy?

"tiblet", on GOLO, just came up with a very insteresting scenario... had to bring it here because I want to know what you all think:

"I think Brad strangled Nancy while she was preparing to go jogging...in the course of doing so...she released anything in her bladder and bowels (consistent with strangulation) in the house and that's why Brad had to clean up. As for buying bleach and cleaning up blood...we've never seen any evidence that he actually bought bleach and so the fact that there was no blood is not surprising. Urine and feces would create a noticeable smell in the home and that's why I think Brad had to get busy cleaning so early in the morning.

Also, he probably took her clothes off from the waist down in order to clean her up and prevent tracking/trailing urine and feces through the house when he carried her to the car and put her in the trunk.

It would be interesting to know if they can determine if she was actually killed at the crime scene or just dumped there. My inclination is that she was killed in the home and dumped at the construction site."

"tiblet", on GOLO, just came up with a very insteresting scenario... had to bring it here because I want to know what you all think:

"I think Brad strangled Nancy while she was preparing to go jogging...in the course of doing so...she released anything in her bladder and bowels (consistent with strangulation) in the house and that's why Brad had to clean up. As for buying bleach and cleaning up blood...we've never seen any evidence that he actually bought bleach and so the fact that there was no blood is not surprising. Urine and feces would create a noticeable smell in the home and that's why I think Brad had to get busy cleaning so early in the morning.

Also, he probably took her clothes off from the waist down in order to clean her up and prevent tracking/trailing urine and feces through the house when he carried her to the car and put her in the trunk.

It would be interesting to know if they can determine if she was actually killed at the crime scene or just dumped there. My inclination is that she was killed in the home and dumped at the construction site."

Makes sense to me, the autopsy does say the bladder was empty. But bowels do not always empty. Given Nancy suffered with Crohn's disease, it is very possible this did occur. Might explain that green plastic bit that was recovered under the search warrant as well. I doubt he did not at least put something down in the car to keep bodily fluids from being left in the car.

Wow NCN! I totally missed it being said. I wonder if BC was considered part of their group? He had stayed so distant was he included in this speculation?

Was this post recent or did we miss it before?:waitasec: 2 members having an affair.:confused:

MOM!! You totally missed it being said in DD's blog about two people in their circle having had affairs of late? MOM!! You gave the link to DDs Ar2mis blog, and there are responses to her last one on there where she says it. Ha ha. (Or are you being sarcastic? I can't tell. Anyway, it's there.)

I didn't mean that Brad was part of their group. I just meant that of the two in their group of friends (whomever that is), she was saying that two had had affairs. Now, whether she means two in the group had an affair with each other, or two separate people had two separate affairs wherever and with whomever...it could have been male with female, female to female affair, you know...it isn't really defined.

Don't be a stranger.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member