Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nancy's parents were aware that that Saturday morning was when she was going to make the 'break', no wonder they would have been so definite that she did NOT go jogging that morning. Lots of ifs there, but it is a distinct possibility.

Would the 'accomplice' be one that just backed Brad's story of tennis ?? Not necessarily doing anything physical. Or might he have been asked to babysit ?

I had also heard from a poster a while back about an accomplice, but couldn't make sense of what was being said. Now little bits and pieces are beginning to make sense, sorta.

If Nancy's parents were aware that that Saturday morning was when she was going to make the 'break', no wonder they would have been so definite that she did NOT go jogging that morning. Lots of ifs there, but it is a distinct possibility.

Would the 'accomplice' be one that just backed Brad's story of tennis ?? Not necessarily doing anything physical. Or might he have been asked to babysit ?

I had also heard from a poster a while back about an accomplice, but couldn't make sense of what was being said. Now little bits and pieces are beginning to make sense, sorta.
I believe if MH had been asked to babysit, he and Brad both would have mentioned that to LE. It is an act very hard to hide. (from his wife or neighbors seeing him entering Brad's house, or Brad and the girls entering his house)

I would love to know what time the cell phone call was made that MH was questioned about. As we know, it is easy for one person to make the call from the other's phone. So why was LE so sure someone else made it? I know this has been asked, but this is a new appeal to our phone experts out there to help us out.

I am now going to read all the posts from after I went to bed last night. It seems I have inflamed some people? On message boards, it is very hard to read in "tone", as well as easy to skim, misinterpret and make a hasty bashing of someone else's "perceived" ideas. I will read the posts and comment.

However, I do remember that some people thought I was "calling" JA out for having an affair. NO. All of this began with someone posting a link to DDs blog. Well, I've always had the imorial and the DD blog Art2mis, but don't always read it. SO, I went to mom's link, read a reply that someone had written to DD, saying that "some of the people in our group" (meaning that circle of friends of NC, etc.) had had affairs, two of them." That does not say whether or whom the two were, whether they were one of the group (whether it was a male or female of the group) that went outside the group or had an affair w/someone inside the group.

I don't give a happy rip who got hot with whom in an affair. But the comments I made seemed to be read by "someone else" as saying that *I* thought JA had an affair with Nancy, or Hiller had one with whomever or whatever else people's minds spinned and then blew out here on WS.

Here's what I was trying to say: OK, wonder who those two separate people were? BECAUSE, WHEN LOOKING AT A MURDER, THERE ARE INCIDENTS THAT CAN INFLAME A MURDERER TOWARD THAT MURDER. And then there was the latest aff by Hiller with his remarks, which spurred all of us to interact upon what could it mean?

So, I deduced, COULD any of these affairs have been entertwined into any of the NC murder? Could there have been a piece of that "two people known to have had affairs in the group" entertwined in this case? When affairs happen and become known there is lots of gossip, jealousy and rage depending upon whom is involved. I just took the admission of "two affairs within the group" as another clue to LOOK INTO, as as to what could incite rage, murder, etc.

Well, hell...we don't know. But I was putting it out there. I also put out there that any one of them could have been involved with someone of the same sex, because, yes...that happens too. It's just another "what if". I am not the only one who has said that before here. I am not "bashing" NC or JA or anyone. Get over yourselves, please, if you are part of that.

My thoughts on this are no different than someone else saying, "Well, I KNOW for a fact that BC was here at (wherever) on video." Or, "That is a pole lamp in that brown paper bag", or "Nancy was probably run over by BC in the garage" or "NC was jogging on the side of Holly Springs Rd., then someone took her, killed her and left her on the side of a new development."

It is getting ridiculous. I try to read posts, not skim. Though I do skim at times. But before I bash someone else and call them a basher, I do try to think.

Obviously last night I wasn't thinking clearly when I called Cambridge subdivision out for being Camden Forest. I fixed that error. Geez.

This entire murder is solved already in two people's heads and hearts: the murderer's and Nancy's. Maybe LE's. The rest is not out yet.

Just like with the Civil War. There was not ONE cause leading up to that war of countryman against countryman. There were many issues leading up to it. It took one incident to incite the big explosion into an all out war, with many underlying issues entertwined.

I am suggesting my underlying ideas on WS. I don't believe it requires a separate thread any more than Harris Teeter, BC's affairs, or custody issues have with this case. The road to justice is long and arduous with many side trips toward the destination.

As well, the board is beginning to appear "territorial and heirarchical" among some of the posters. It's everyone's board. We can all co-exist, disagree and discuss underlying issues that we think may have affected or led up to the final blow: murder of NC. It's kind of obvious to me about the WHO DONE IT, in my mind, but I like to know what and all types of issues lead from point A, of being happily married, to point B of affairs, financial discord, lies, (what else?), and finally, a murder.

Anything is possible as we have seen in Nancy's murder. The fact that THAT would ever have happened like what we are seeing is proof that truth (whatever that may be) is stranger than fiction.

So, I deduced, COULD any of these affairs have been entertwined into any of the NC murder? Could there have been a piece of that "two people known to have had affairs in the group" entertwined in this case? When affairs happen and become known there is lots of gossip, jealousy and rage depending upon whom is involved. I just took the admission of "two affairs within the group" as another clue to LOOK INTO, as as to what could incite rage, murder, etc.

I am suggesting my underlying ideas on WS. I don't believe it requires a separate thread any more than Harris Teeter, BC's affairs, or custody issues have with this case. The road to justice is long and arduous with many side trips toward the destination.

It's everyone's board. We can all co-exist, disagree and discuss underlying issues that we think may have affected or led up to the final blow: murder of NC. It's kind of obvious to me about the WHO DONE IT, in my mind, but I like to know what and all types of issues lead from point A, of being happily married, to point B of affairs, financial discord, lies, (what else?), and finally, a murder
.[
QUOTE]

(I am only citing a bit of your Post NCN)

I agree that the social context is relevant. I think that the suggestion to have another thread was really because that discussion was veering off into sexual politics, which is a complex issue and not necessarily relevant here. I am sure that it is not related to your comments specifically. :)

But certainly, IMO, the relationships play an important role in understanding this drama. I may have oversimplified it, but some of the actors have shown concern for NC since the beginning, whereas the other camp has largely been engaged in disputing the statements of NC's friends. I trust the comments from NC's friends mainly because there is not a continuous stream of rebuttals and amendments to their affidavits. They weighed in early and have never changed their position. Sounds like the truth to me. On the other hand BC seems to change his story quite a bit and is constantly reacting to new developments. His friends and supporters appear to do the same, at times pointing the finger at NC and painting her as an irresponsible, partying wife (so, :waitasec: what has that got to anything?, I always ask myself). I think that is a deflection mechanism used by BC and friends and only suggests to me that they want to shift the attention away from BC, making him seem more guilty (IMO). That is what is meaningful here, at least for me.

(BTW, I am sure that NONE of the players were angels in any way [most people aren't] and, remember that BC was the first to have the affair when he hooked up with Heather Metour-Heider)

Bringing the "bisexual" thing into the equation based on just pictures of close friends having a good time together is totally out of order! It is unfair to both Nancy and her friends. There is nothing unusual about these pictures to women who have close female freindships. I'm sorry, but I feel very strongly about this insinuation.

Just to be clear, I think BC did it. But...

How is insinuating a hetero-sexual affair with the crimped hair girl in the photos on his site any different than the above insinuation? He wasn't even hugging anyone in those photos.

Just curious.

How is insinuating a hetero-sexual affair with the crimped hair girl in the photos on his site any different than the above insinuation? He wasn't even hugging anyone in those photos.

Just curious.
Because an affair in Europe has already been mentioned in her friends' affidavits. It wasn't something we (on the boards) made up.

Because an affair in Europe has already been mentioned in her friends' affidavits. It wasn't something we (on the boards) made up.

No one's made anything up! We simply mentioned several avenues that could have been taken, referring to BC's hint that JA and her spouse come clean on their affairs, and the hint that NC had one of her own that was not sexual. (?)

No one ever said Nancy was bisexual. However, some of us are open to the idea that she could have had a liason with someone of either sex, and that doesn't offend us, or to us, speak badly of NC at all. It's just looking at a scenario from all sides we can think of, as we have done with any other thing we aren't sure about.

I am now going to read all the posts from after I went to bed last night. It seems I have inflamed some people? On message boards, it is very hard to read in "tone", as well as easy to skim, misinterpret and make a hasty bashing of someone else's "perceived" ideas. I will read the posts and comment.

However, I do remember that some people thought I was "calling" JA out for having an affair. NO. All of this began with someone posting a link to DDs blog. Well, I've always had the imorial and the DD blog Art2mis, but don't always read it. SO, I went to mom's link, read a reply that someone had written to DD, saying that "some of the people in our group" (meaning that circle of friends of NC, etc.) had had affairs, two of them." That does not say whether or whom the two were, whether they were one of the group (whether it was a male or female of the group) that went outside the group or had an affair w/someone inside the group.

I don't give a happy rip who got hot with whom in an affair. But the comments I made seemed to be read by "someone else" as saying that *I* thought JA had an affair with Nancy, or Hiller had one with whomever or whatever else people's minds spinned and then blew out here on WS.

Here's what I was trying to say: OK, wonder who those two separate people were? BECAUSE, WHEN LOOKING AT A MURDER, THERE ARE INCIDENTS THAT CAN INFLAME A MURDERER TOWARD THAT MURDER. And then there was the latest aff by Hiller with his remarks, which spurred all of us to interact upon what could it mean?

Well, hell...we don't know. But I was putting it out there. I also put out there that any one of them could have been involved with someone of the same sex, because, yes...that happens too. It's just another "what if". I am not the only one who has said that before here. I am not "bashing" NC or JA or anyone. Get over yourselves, please, if you are part of that.

My thoughts on this are no different than someone else saying, "Well, I KNOW for a fact that BC was here at (wherever) on video." Or, "That is a pole lamp in that brown paper bag", or "Nancy was probably run over by BC in the garage" or "NC was jogging on the side of Holly Springs Rd., then someone took her, killed her and left her on the side of a new development."

It is getting ridiculous. I try to read posts, not skim. Though I do skim at times. But before I bash someone else and call them a basher, I do try to think.

Obviously last night I wasn't thinking clearly when I called Cambridge subdivision out for being Camden Forest. I fixed that error. Geez.

This entire murder is solved already in two people's heads and hearts: the murderer's and Nancy's. Maybe LE's. The rest is not out yet.

Just like with the Civil War. There was not ONE cause leading up to that war of countryman against countryman. There were many issues leading up to it. It took one incident to incite the big explosion into an all out war, with many underlying issues entertwined.

As well, the board is beginning to appear "territorial and heirarchical" among some of the posters. It's everyone's board. We can all co-exist, disagree and discuss underlying issues that we think may have affected or led up to the final blow: murder of NC. It's kind of obvious to me about the WHO DONE IT, in my mind, but I like to know what and all types of issues lead from point A, of being happily married, to point B of affairs, financial discord, lies, (what else?), and finally, a murder.

Anything is possible as we have seen in Nancy's murder. The fact that THAT would ever have happened like what we are seeing is proof that truth (whatever that may be) is stranger than fiction.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post and was starting to think that the board was becoming a little "territorial and heirarchical," myself. I see nothing wrong with what you did, and don't beat yourself up over a little mistake. :blowkiss:

Just curious.

It is important because Nancy's friends have said that he had another affair (or two) and he has said that he didn't in two affidavits. He is trying to discredit NC's friend comments. (I happen to think that there is probably some truth to NC's friends statements)

Now, he may be telling the truth, but if he isn't then that tells us something. It tells us that we can't trust everything that he says in the affidavits. If he did have another affair, then this also tells us that he is trying to look respectable for the custody case. An affair could also be a murder motive (remember SP's Amber Frey). If there was another affair then it would be important for LE to interview this person.

What does a possible affair that NC may have had (not recorded or substantiated by anybody, BTW) have to do with any aspect of the murder or the custody case for that matter?? :confused: IMO, it has nothing to do with it at all. Unless this was a motive for murder, but this is just another reason to suspect Brad. Okay, there is (I suppose) a small chance that this other person could also be a suspect, but there are no SWs or people of interest that we can see at this point.

Remember, according to all (I believe), he didn't own up to the affair with Heather Metour-Heider for a year. He only told NC after HMH had told Nancy. That is when BC and NC's relationship began to break down.

No one's made anything up! We simply mentioned several avenues that could have been taken, referring to BC's hint that JA and her spouse come clean on their affairs, and the hint that NC had one of her own that was not sexual. (?)

No one ever said Nancy was bisexual. However, some of us are open to the idea that she could have had a liason with someone of either sex, and that doesn't offend us, or to us, speak badly of NC at all. It's just looking at a scenario from all sides we can think of, as we have done with any other thing we aren't sure about.
We've been asked not to discuss this anymore on this thread, and I will not. If you want to see what got my goat, check out third paragraph of post #407. This has been blown WAY out of porportion. (as usual)

We've been asked not to discuss this anymore on this thread, and I will not. If you want to see what got my goat, check out third paragraph of post #407. This has been blown WAY out of porportion. (as usual)

I feel that my post does not delve into the realm in which it was requested we start another thread. (Where things could be debated about what is proper/right/wrong, etc.) This ties mainly into the theory of motive. Did Nancy have an affair? I think not. Because BC would have told us. However, he does insinuate that there are things we don't know. I think that's ok to post here about!

The idea that NC might have had an affair with someone (whether it was with a male, female, or a 3-toed tree sloth) and that being the impetus for BC's actions wouldn't shock me at all. Everything I've heard about him from people who worked with him & knew him pointed towards him being the type that would feel it was OK for him to hide a relationship like he did, but not for her to do so.

Just my .02, I could be wrong about the 3-toed tree sloth.

If anyone wants to discuss the sloth in the room, I have just created a thread entitled "Sexual (mis?)conduct."

No hand-slapping there! :)

It is important because Nancy's friends have said that he had another affair (or two) and he has said that he didn't in two affidavits. He is trying to discredit NC's friend comments. (I happen to think that there is probably some truth to NC's friends statements)

He wasn't saying it wasn't important... he was saying how is it different/any worse than...

I feel that my post does not delve into the realm in which it was requested we start another thread. (Where things could be debated about what is proper/right/wrong, etc.)

That wasn't why I suggested a separate thread for the topic at all (though it's true that it could bring up some debates)...for the record, I suggested a separate topic since there appeared to be interest in discussing the topic at some length.

Dewey without his decimal would have been a sad man indeed. Topics are good things! They should be celebrated and used.

That wasn't why I suggested a separate thread for the topic at all (though it's true that it could bring up some debates)...for the record, I suggested a separate topic since there appeared to be interest in discussing the topic at some length.

Dewey without his decimal would have been a sad man indeed. Topics are good things! They should be celebrated and be used.

Cute. :) Dewey without his decimal...

Well, I started another thread. sigh... I will probably be in there posting to myself... lol

He wasn't saying it wasn't important... he was saying how is it different/any worse than...

I still think that my post responds to Cygnus' post, JMFLU, even though I used a different word. :) I also tried to express why this is important to the case (murder and custody case) that we are discussing. I do not think that I went off topic. Some aspects of the relationship discussion are relevant to the case and some are not. JMO

I still think that my post responds to Cygnus' post, JMFLU, even though I used a different word. :) I also tried to express why this is important to the case (murder and custody case) that we are discussing. I do not think that I went off topic. Some aspects of the relationship discussion are relevant to the case and some are not. JMO

My point was that he seemed to be asking why would one type of affair be more offensive than another. So I was thinking you were going to answer that.

Doesn't matter to me what you post, I always find it interesting!

Always hugging, (well, all of her friends were always in huggy pics with Nancy, so that's just how Nancy was, I guess) trips to this and that girlie getaway, some to other states, LOTS of drinking going on in pics....

NCN...I think some of the things you have stated recently have inflamed a reaction. Honestly, my girls have hundreds of pictures with themselves & friends like DD posted. They are hugged up with their friends.

The reason is because they are trying to all fit in the picture. Many times they want closeups and the only way to do this is HUG up.

As for LOTS of drinking...I have to disagree with you. The photo has 7 girls at a table and 7 drinks...the other 7 drinks are WATER. Most of the pictures with a drink are from the 'girls weekend.' Possibly the same drink same time all the photo's were taken.

The photo with her sisters at the beach she is ~hugged up~ and has a glass of wine, but also WATER. Canadians are big on wine and she is no different it appears, but I do not see LOTS of drinking at all.

My point was that he seemed to be asking why would one type of affair be more offensive than another. So I was thinking you were going to answer that.

Doesn't matter to me what you post, I always find it interesting!

I guess that I think that the only difference worth discussing would be relevant to the case. I may be wrong, but I thought that was also embedded in Cygnus' question/comment. I have no value judgement on the affairs at all. :)

I guess that we should be discussing this on your thread, which I will check out and try to do in the future on this topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin