Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
33bfvcg.jpg

What was the time shown on the HT video when Brad checked out the second time? If he says NC called him at 6:40, was he at check out then? Sorry, I went back to look at the videos and couldn't find them.

The videos can be seen here.

The timestamp on the 2nd receipt was 6:44am. The HT video shows BC exiting the store at 6:44am. Supposedly the call from Nancy came in around 6:40am or 6:41am, before he entered the store at 6:42am.

The videos can be seen here.

The timestamp on the 2nd receipt was 6:44am. The HT video shows BC leaving at 6:44am. Supposedly the call from Nancy came in around 6:40 or 6:41am, before he entered the store at 6:42am.
So he didn't say he was "on his way" to the store when he got the call from home. He could possibly have already been inside of the store. I don't know why, but I thought he said he was on his way to the store when he got the juice call. Thanks for clearing it up.

So he didn't say he was "on his way" to the store when he got the call from home. He could possibly have already been inside of the store. I don't know why, but I thought he said he was on his way to the store when he got the juice call. Thanks for clearing it up.

No he did not say "on his way."

On the K&B site it says, "Immediately prior to entering the store the second time, Brad answered a call from Nancy."

This call is not seen on the video surveillance tape.

What was the time shown on the HT video when Brad checked out the second time? If he says NC called him at 6:40, was he at check out then? Sorry, I went back to look at the videos and couldn't find them.

K&B's commentary says that BC said that Nancy just before he entered the store, so no, he was not at the checkout. But during the first visit notice how he is checking his phone over and over. Text messages?

And I still think he had already dumped his socks and stuff in the washer with Nancy's things between trips to the store - and he noticed he needed more laundry soap. So he slipped on his thongs (Rainbows?) and went back to HT.

No he did not say "on his way."

On the K&B site it says, "Immediately prior to entering the store the second time, Brad answered a call from Nancy."

This call is not seen on the video surveillance tape.
Wow. So he got juice and detergent and checked out in four minutes. Typical of a man. I would have had to saunter on over to the day old bakery items, peruse the magaizine rack...etc. etc. NO four minutes shopping for me!

My point? The man seemingly was on a mission to get his "arse" out of there and back home ASAP. Hmmmmmm. Were there sleeping children...about to awake?

Wow. So he got juice and detergent and checked out in four minutes. Typical of a man. I would have had to saunter on over to the day old bakery items, peruse the magaizine rack...etc. etc. NO four minutes shopping for me!

Well you don't have sleeping children at home alone, which would allow you plenty of saunter time. ;)

Hi everyone! I am new at posting but I have been lurking for a long time. I hope I have read everythng from each of the threads, but it is hard to keep up with it all.
Let me just say that I am drawn to this case in many ways, as a mom, a Carolinian, and Canadian family ties. I was actually married around where she was from. I have worked as a profiler for many years so I often see a "different pattern""than what most may see, but that is my job. So I will ask some questions sometimes that appear totally off the wall. But I promise, I spend all day looking for patterns in things. I have been involved in personality profiling for corporations to build whole teams as well as eliminate members. Most recently, due to a child that keeps me very busy as he is a specail needs child, I skip tracee for private and gov programs. I leave no stone unturned!
I must say I have enjoyed what so many of you! I feel that this is a wonderful comunity and that I do see 2 very different groups, but both impassioned equally. I would hope that I would have such devoted friends as Nancys to come to my defence and seek justice for me as so many of you have taken up a daily vigal in a quest for justice for her. It has been my professional experience, that those closest to individuals, can have gut instinct opinions that prove to be most often right. It is similar to those of us who hae a testimony of the Gospel, We can not prove every fact it is just something we ave a testimony of. So I do not take argument to any thatr have such strom opinions thqat he is guility and hold fast to it. But I also admire those who equally hold to there opions that there is reasonable doubt and have to leave it open. I applaud you for not jumping to conclusions when it would be easy to convict.

I think this case is like the market, it gives us all anxiety, we keep hoping that the dawn will ring a closer to the bad and bring good news till the market drops again on us, but then the analist tell us durng the day to hold fast this will happen and it will e ok. We all dont want it to be our normal next door neigbor/freind, in our circle and loose hope that normalacy really did not exixt as we thought it did while we were breathing right there. It could be you or I next.

My unanswered questions/observations
If the relationship had been going on like this for a while the they were basically co-existing together, then they could fight and still go on. I dont see any mention of any other instance of any physical violence. If it was just a co-existance relationship, then they could be in hate mode. I dont see these
turning usually. Both usually have a boiling point and wont go past it because they still want something out of the relationship. Such as wanting the image of a family for him and she wanting the financial support.
But what do we know from any thing that she may have said to anyone that that was going to change soon. If she were to say not appease the sistuation when it got to a point because she was confident she had solid plans in the works then that could point to a factor to break the cycle. But that would have to come from confidential conversations she had with others close to her or with her family.
It is odd to me she came home so late if she planned to run that early.
5 hrs sleep max???
And supposably up earlier doing laundry, who lives on that much sleep???
I do believe she got up to go running. Here is my therory.
She got dressed. Sent him to the store so the milk would be on his dime. He came back told him he better due his laundry and he was out of deterugent, put in tick off mod, he wen t back out, she called to tell him to be quick about it or she woud not be able to finish in time for his tennis game.
Heres A B C
A he tells her he is at the corner she can leave, so she does, since the kds are asleep, he is drivfing in and he is not really
but he knows the route she will be takeing, he meets her on it surprises her and tells her to get in the car or some how kills her at a spot orther than where she ends up, it is quick.
Puts her back in the car and takes her to the final spot. He would undress her to make it look like another motive or maybe there is some sign of evidence on her clthes that has to be removed. Maybe she spotted the clothes wet the cloths. The shoes ans socks have to be removed because they would contain dirt or samples of the ground from the original area and that would be different, and his shoes would too.
The optopsy shes no sign of struggle, sothing in the nails. Nothing so shwo she was in a lying down position and scraped herself or her body in a struggle. Why? why so clean???
What would have made her give in so easily?
This is what haunts me. But what if she was threatened, if you scream or if you fight me I hurt the kids as well?
How many family murder suicides are there?? One just happened in Cal. I ould give my life for my childrens, or pray that if I held still I could see a way to get out of it and distract him possibly, but it did not happen.
One leg has dirt I think I read, which reminds me of laying down my sons heavy ball bag. So She was placed there.
There was hair taken from the car trunk, we need to knows whos it was. And grass from the right front seat.
He changed shoes went back t hrris teater to establish himself.
But, as many times as I have looked at the tape I do not notice him being nervouse enough for me to suspect him in this.
B, someone she knew, came up and did this.
C someone that was secretly stalking her, did it in the same manner.
She was beautiful, smart, fun loving, and would have known the amily dynamics. So who knew her habbits well enough that could possibly hyp where someone would lurk that would have a secret crush on her???
It has been mentioned that she often went out and stayed out. Whwre did she go? I go to chucke Cheese with my S=so for hours, and the same one.
I think what bothrs all of us most is that it is too clean, all the others latley there was a element of a sloppy move and the person was caught, this was just too clean and we want to whipe some thing up for her!!!!!!!
So sorry so long!!!!
And where is the spell check.
button????
Thanks, Lilly. Great post with good insight. I also have to agree with the lack of spell check frustration. I'm not used to writing without it! It's been good for me, though. Keeps me on my toes. Realize how lazy it's made me become over the years. :-)

Hi Lilly-Thanks for that very interesting post. I, too, have been wondering about the short sleep time.

As you said, BC and NC had been in this co-existing, unhappy state for awhile. But she could have had definite plans hatched with the help of her family, who'd she'd spent a week(?) with. These plans would make her braver about risking pushing his buttons. If he's guilty, one or both of them had to be ready and willing to take it to the next level. But he seems to be the passive-aggressive type who can hang in there and keep dragging his feet and string things along til the cows come home. Wasn't he doing other things (messing up the paint job that was to get the house ready to sell) to slow up the process? Plus, passive people can have great control over a situation by simply doing nothing.

Generally, couldn't it be said that in an ugly marriage, men can tolerate the hostile environment and keep living together for all the advantages that brings them, while alot of times, women would get to an action point and truly want things to truly end? I think being followed to the gas station for him to put the gas in-EXTREME CONTROL-would become intolerable for most women pretty quickly.

OTOH, I think your stalker possibility is also good. Given her personality and going out with girlfriends alot to party (?), she could definitely have attracted the attention of a stalker. Does anyone know if they went to the same place alot?

I guess for him to be guilty, you have to imagine him losing control of himself totally and becoming PHYSICALLY violent. Not sure this fits with his personality.

Just my rambling thots. I'm famous for stating the obvious (my children tell me) but I'm enjoying the conversation here. Thanks.

Nancy's sister Jill Dean's affidavit has interesting info.

Very sad that she says Brad Cooper didn't call, send a card or gift for Katie's birthday this year.

She mentioned Brad's "suicide attempt", regarding a car wreck in the past. I couldn't tell if she meant that he was trying to commit suicide and that's why he wrecked the car, or if she meant that he became depressed after the car wreck and felt suicidal. I know that head injuries can cause changes in behavior, but it is not mentioned if he sustained head injuries. The wording is confusing. (Upon re-reading the aff, Jill says that Brad became depressed "...during the aftermath of the car accident.")

I hope that Jill's aff helps toward the custody battle.

You can find the affidavit of Jill Dean on WRAL. It was mentioned on the noon news today. Hope someone will put up a link on the Legal Docs thread.

she says Brad Cooper didn't call, send a card or gift for Katie's birthday this year.

Lovely. You'd think he'd know how to put a reminder in his computer, PDA, whatever for these dates, wouldn't you? Of course, he would have to know the date of the birthday to do that.

that's very sad; even if Katie might be too young to understand...

Lovely. You'd think he'd know how to put a reminder in his computer, PDA, whatever for these dates, wouldn't you? Of course, he would have to know the date of the birthday to do that.

The cops took his PDA and computer. He would have had to remember the dates in his brain....I think that is asking to much from him don't you think?

The latest affi at least identifies the source of the suicide issue. I'd still rather have a little more documentation other than a "he didn't contradict the discussion" - like a method, or a date, or if medical treatment was sought / was necessary.

The picture that continues to emerge regarding the state of their marriage for months leading to her murder gets darker and darker, IMO. As is often the case, it becomes about who's going to pay, and how one can control the other - either by fear, by finances, and in this case, but the tangled issues with residency and citizenship.

It really does not seem that Nancy ever thought for a second that Brad was violent - otherwise, she would not have pushed his buttons. I am having a very hard time with the fact that NO ONE has come forward and share a story where there was SOME kind of violence, or even threatened violence. I know that some folks say they just "snapped", but to go from no reports of him ever raising a hand to her to unplanned murder.... I would almost think it would be more feasible for a more planned murder - it's colder, less emotional, in a way - less "violent".

Could he have been planning this, thus keeping his emotions in check?

He actually strikes me as more of a planning / controlling person than a fit of rage person..... And that does fit with the condition of the body, i.e. lack of "wounds", etc.

Thinking out loud here.

Very sad that she says Brad Cooper didn't call, send a card or gift for Katie's birthday this year.

Is it me or don't you think he would do anything and everything for those precious girls, especially in the crisis he is now confronted with...CUSTODY!!

I must say he is one SORRY excuse for a father/dad.

I hope he is just miserable celebrating his own B-Day TODAY!!

Timeline questions:

1. BC was suppose to be somewhere at 9am and BC was suppose to be somewhere at 9:30am. Anyone know where the kids were suppose to be?

2. MH states there were plans to meet with BC and NC on Sat evening to play board games. When did MH find out and how did MH find out that those plans, like the tennis plans, were cancelled? There seems to be a lot of effort to cancel the morning tennis, anything about that evening's board game session?

The cops took his PDA and computer. He would have had to remember the dates in his brain....I think that is asking to much from him don't you think?

Yes, I know. Do you really think he's gone 3 months without getting another computer? I mean, what's he doing all day? But, yes, he would have to remember the date of the birthday.

Timeline questions:

1. BC was suppose to be somewhere at 9am and BC was suppose to be somewhere at 9:30am. Anyone know where the kids were suppose to be?

NC was supposed to help paint at 8:00am.
BC was supposed to play tennis at 9:30am.

Presumably kids would be with BC while NC was out. When she got back, she would have the kids.

2. MH states there were plans to meet with BC and NC on Sat evening to play board games. When did MH find out and how did MH find out that those plans, like the tennis plans, were cancelled? There seems to be a lot of effort to cancel the morning tennis, anything about that evening's board game session?

Well, assuming BC didn't kill her, then plans for later in the day would not necessarily have needed changing. As far as he was concerned she was just late getting home so he had to cancel tennis. Once the missing person report was in motion, obviously the the plans for the day changed.

Assuming he did kill her, he was just going through the motions to make it seem like she was a little late, and as part of that, no need to change evening plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025