Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has custody of Nancy and Brad's children as of October 1, 2008?

Thanks

Who has custody of Nancy and Brad's children as of October 1, 2008?

Thanks

Hi Idh...on Oct 1, 2008 the children will be with NC family per the temporary custody agreement. The hearing is not scheduled until the week of Oct 13th for custody.

Did you mean a different date? Oct 1st has already passed.

Mom, I'd forgotten about the lake search. Didn't they do Lake Wheeler too, or am I hallucinating? I can think of different reasons, but the whole thing doesn't fit into my reasoning yet. Dont'cha just hate not knowing all the details? I do.

NCN...on Monday the 14th when I went to JJ to see where else to search, MM stated some had headed to Lake Wheeler, as well as the Bluffs. I went to the Bluffs & Kildaire Farm Rd and joined the search there.

I don 't know if the divers had gone there or not since I didn't go. The thing about Lake Wheeler is there is NO jogging trails around the lake, only private property. The park was also closed when BC would have likely gone to take the body.

As we know now he didn't go that far at all.

Mom, I'd forgotten about the lake search. Didn't they do Lake Wheeler too, or am I hallucinating? I can think of different reasons, but the whole thing doesn't fit into my reasoning yet. Dont'cha just hate not knowing all the details? I do.

Maybe someone (Brad?) suggested to the police that Nancy might have run that way Sat morning? Perhaps to throw them off so she wouldn't be found right away?

Does anyone wonder what happened to all the junk in BC's between March and July ? So much junk that ther wasn''t enough room to put hot dog buns in the boot but yet when LE looks in there it is all nice and clean. Hmmmm, interesting observation anyhow.

Does anyone wonder what happened to all the junk in BC's between March and July ? So much junk that ther wasn''t enough room to put hot dog buns in the boot but yet when LE looks in there it is all nice and clean. Hmmmm, interesting observation anyhow.

You're kidding, right? You can't imagine him removing that stuff in a span 4 months?

You're kidding, right? You can't imagine him removing that stuff in a span 4 months?

I think the point RC was trying to make is that perhaps it was normal for BC to have a trunk full of stuff and dare I say - messy. I definately think it is interesting that he had so much stuff back in March but had a perfectly clean trunk when they searched his car... :eek:

I think the point RC was trying to make is that perhaps it was normal for BC to have a trunk full of stuff and dare I say - messy. I definately think it is interesting that he had so much stuff back in March but had a perfectly clean trunk when they searched his car... :eek:

I too find that interesting, especially since he told LE he recently vacuumed it because he spilled gas in it but LE noted the interior was not quite in the same condition. Not sure vacuuming would resolve that problem and LE noted there was no odor.

Exactly. I think RC is right, it is very interesting. I am glad that Krista mentioned that.

Krista's statement tells us about his habits with regard to how he kept his trunk. This is much like the house because we know that it was a mess when NC got back from her holiday.

It was not his habit to clean the house and he suddenly feels the urge the same morning that NC disappears. The trunk is yet another thing that he suddenly felt the need to clean. :rolleyes:

I too find that interesting, especially since he told LE he recently vacuumed it because he spilled gas in it but LE noted the interior was not quite in the same condition. Not sure vacuuming would resolve that problem and LE noted there was no odor.

It is
2pow66c.jpg
because there isn't consistency. The trunk is clean and the rest of the car isn't. He would have been better off (suspicion-wise) if he had put all the junk back in his car trunk so it looked as equally messy as the rest of his car. Inconsistencies like this have got to be big
flag.png
s.

The thing about vacuuming the trunk a few weeks after a spill...it doesn't make sense because gasoline evaporates quickly and in and of itself does not leave residue that one can vacuum, though it WILL leave a strong smell if the car/carpeting is not aired out, esp noticeable in hot temps like in June/July.

Alternatively, to clean up a fresh/wet gasoline spill on carpet material, one can use baking soda or kitty litter, or other absorbent materials and leave them on the spill for awhile, like up to a few weeks. But not doing anything to a gas spill for a couple weeks or so?...the gas will have evaporated by then and there will be fumes/odor. Airing out a car trunk will eventually get rid of the smell, but it can take awhile (like many weeks) and a smell can persist. Cleaning products can be used to try and get the smell out but again, I'm not sure why vacuuming would be a function of that since a few weeks after a spill you're dealing with fumes (and not debris). Also, if BC had anything else in the trunk when gas spilled, those items may have gotten gas on them and again, there would likely be some indication of a smell or something.

Is it normal for BC to have an empty trunk? I suspect not.

Everything so far indicates that BC was content living like a slob. The LE even noted numerous items in the passenger area. For his trunk to be spotless...hmm.

I bet NC cleaned the home during the week before she was murdered. Look at the discriptions of what she was confronted with. If this filth was OK with her she wouldn't have openly expressed her disgust to others.

BC made everything a challenge. They had argued all day Friday. A person with this personality would sit back and say, "you think it is bad now Nancy, just wait, you haven't seen anything yet!" He was stubborn and just like dealing with a defiant child, the resistance gets stronger.

IMO he didn't back down and just get up on Saturday and say..."TIME BE NICE TO NANCY, LET ME CLEAN FOR HER." This comes after he had plans to play tennis and had to cancel...no siree, he would be furious if this occured.

I was running at Lake Johnson yesterday and who do I see but Mr Brad himself. It was around 12:00 pm. and he was alone. I looked at him and then took a double take. He knew that I recognized him. I passed him again at the end of the trail. I definitely didn't get a good vibe.

:shocked2:

I was running at Lake Johnson yesterday and who do I see but Mr Brad himself. It was around 12:00 pm. and he was alone. I looked at him and then took a double take. He knew that I recognized him. I passed him again at the end of the trail. I definitely didn't get a good vibe.

:shocked2:

Did your running pace pick up a bit after that encounter ? :crazy:

Seriously - anywhere near Stoneferry Lane ?

The thing about vacuuming the trunk a few weeks after a spill...it doesn't make sense because gasoline evaporates quickly and in and of itself does not leave residue that one can vacuum, though it WILL leave a strong smell if the car/carpeting is not aired out, esp noticeable in hot temps like in June/July.

Alternatively, to clean up a fresh/wet gasoline spill on carpet material, one can use baking soda or kitty litter, or other absorbent materials and leave them on the spill for awhile, like up to a few weeks. But not doing anything to a gas spill for a couple weeks or so?...the gas will have evaporated by then and there will be fumes/odor. Airing out a car trunk will eventually get rid of the smell, but it can take awhile (like many weeks) and a smell can persist. Cleaning products can be used to try and get the smell out but again, I'm not sure why vacuuming would be a function of that since a few weeks after a spill you're dealing with fumes (and not debris). Also, if BC had anything else in the trunk when gas spilled, those items may have gotten gas on them and again, there would likely be some indication of a smell or something.

Is it normal for BC to have an empty trunk? I suspect not.

The whole vacuuming story is nonsensical IMO.

Did your running pace pick up a bit after that encounter ? :crazy:

Seriously - anywhere near Stoneferry Lane ?

It was on the trail around the Lake - he had on short sleeves :crazy: - thought he liked long sleeves :woohoo: He had on sunglasses and a hat.

It was on the trail around the Lake - he had on short sleeves :crazy: - thought he liked long sleeves :woohoo: He had on sunglasses and a hat.

Guess all the bugs have died off now so he didn't have to worry about them. Thanks for the information. I still think, for this very reason, that he knew about the area off of Fielding drive prior to disposing of Nancy's body. He runs.

There's another speculation as to why BC would have known of the area where Nancy was dumped: they had looked at homes being built by Toll Brothers. The lots where NC was dumped was for building Toll Bros. homes. Even if they hadn't considered buying a home in that development, they could have gone there to see examples of TB homes. Just another viewpoint, and it's been mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member