Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Calgary! Appreciate your taking the time to research your emails and letting us know the truth. I don't blame Jennifer for declining the CNN interview; her privacy would surely be invaded.

I just went back into my emails and I apologize to the board, but I overspoke. "Jennifer Wilson" was contacted by CNN and asked to do an interview. She declined after getting legal advice, but the CNN person was also liasing with LE trying to get information, and I know Jennifer's name was passed along, and that Jennifer said she would cooperate with police if asked... I don't actually know if LE followed up with her.

In terms of other things I can comment on, neighbours of some of the immediate family in Edmonton thought an arrest would happen shortly after the autopsy was released... that was just rumour so I didn't post anything here.

In one of my original posts I said that I thought it odd that Brad didn't have any close friends or lifelong friends. In his deposition he was asked about childhood friends, and he gave 2 names. One was Mike McKenzie, and the other was Scott Lamarsh. I know both of those fellows, knew them long before Brad knew them, and that he points to them as his closest friends before moving to NC is very telling.

Mike is a well-known guy in Medicine Hat, the kind of person who had lots of friends. He did not have anything resembling a close friendship with Brad. Brad admits that they've never actually talked in the last many years (I'd suggest they haven't spoken since Brad moved to Calgary from Medicine Hat). I should add I haven't spoken to Mike since high school.

As for Scott, they were drinking buddies at best. Scott wasn't invited nor did he attend Brad's quickie wedding in Calgary even though Scott was living there. Scott didn't know Brad in high school other than maybe by name. Scott graduated from Medicine Hat High School in 1989 and Brad graduated from Crescent Heights High School in 1991. Scott didn't hang with Brad whatsoever in High School. Scott was also a well-known guy, with lots of friends, but Brad wasn't one of them until both Scott and Brad lived in Calgary. I do speak with Scott even up to today, so I'll be sure to let him know about the deposition next time I run into him. Scott is in fact remarried, has been for several years, and it is no surprise to me that Brad didn't know that.

So that he counts these people as his only two 'childhood friends' is really odd. I think it speaks to his deeper personality and his inability (or non-desire) to have or make lasting friendships.

Edit: Jennifer is the correct name. Her last name starts with "W". Beyond that I'll leave her privacy intact. She is married but she uses her maiden name hyphenated with her husband's name.

Edit again: I think RKAB is not either Jennifer or Taylene, and she might be surprised she was also left off the list of girlfriends. Though it is possible RKAB is one of them.
Thank you SO much, C123. You have added a great deal to this discussion. I appreciate your honest and candid thoughts.

I just went back into my emails and I apologize to the board, but I overspoke. "Jennifer Wilson" was contacted by CNN and asked to do an interview. She declined after getting legal advice, but the CNN person was also liasing with LE trying to get information, and I know Jennifer's name was passed along, and that Jennifer said she would cooperate with police if asked... I don't actually know if LE followed up with her.

In terms of other things I can comment on, neighbours of some of the immediate family in Edmonton thought an arrest would happen shortly after the autopsy was released... that was just rumour so I didn't post anything here.

In one of my original posts I said that I thought it odd that Brad didn't have any close friends or lifelong friends. In his deposition he was asked about childhood friends, and he gave 2 names. One was Mike McKenzie, and the other was Scott Lamarsh. I know both of those fellows, knew them long before Brad knew them, and that he points to them as his closest friends before moving to NC is very telling.

Mike is a well-known guy in Medicine Hat, the kind of person who had lots of friends. He did not have anything resembling a close friendship with Brad. Brad admits that they've never actually talked in the last many years (I'd suggest they haven't spoken since Brad moved to Calgary from Medicine Hat). I should add I haven't spoken to Mike since high school.

As for Scott, they were drinking buddies at best. Scott wasn't invited nor did he attend Brad's quickie wedding in Calgary even though Scott was living there. Scott didn't know Brad in high school other than maybe by name. Scott graduated from Medicine Hat High School in 1989 and Brad graduated from Crescent Heights High School in 1991. Scott didn't hang with Brad whatsoever in High School. Scott was also a well-known guy, with lots of friends, but Brad wasn't one of them until both Scott and Brad lived in Calgary. I do speak with Scott even up to today, so I'll be sure to let him know about the deposition next time I run into him. Scott is in fact remarried, has been for several years, and it is no surprise to me that Brad didn't know that.

So that he counts these people as his only two 'childhood friends' is really odd. I think it speaks to his deeper personality and his inability (or non-desire) to have or make lasting friendships.

Edit: Jennifer is the correct name. Her last name starts with "W". Beyond that I'll leave her privacy intact. She is married but she uses her maiden name hyphenated with her husband's name.

Edit again: I think RKAB is not either Jennifer or Taylene, and she might be surprised she was also left off the list of girlfriends. Though it is possible RKAB is one of them.

I guess that it is possible that he was instructed by counsel to identify her as Jennifer Wilson as it could be a prearranged alias that she has adopted in order to protect her identity as she may not ever have to be publically named otherwise.

As for the friendship thing...that is all so subjective....what one person may define as a childhood friend may seem like nothing more than an aquaintance situation to others. We all define friendship differently...so I did not really feel like that was all that telling...

Yes, thanks very much for posting, Calgary!

On the "i'm not convinced thread", post 28, RC suggested Brad may have misspoken the last name getting it mixed up with Brett Wilson whom Nancy met the morning after NC's & BC's first date (and whom she was presumably dating at the time). It just seems odd to me that Brad used the same last name as Brett's if he was trying to make up a name.

But your theory is very interesting, and you obviously have some connection to the "former" Brad. Anything else you can enlighten us about?

ETA: I guess I should ask: Is either the first or last name correct?

Reddress, I have been wondering about the Brett Wilson name for a bit having heard Brad discuss him in the deposition as being a former boy friend of Nancy's. Then I realized where I heard the name before - Mike Hiller's affidavit. Line 17 he tells about Nancy getting a text message from a fellow named Brett, who was a friend of Nancy's from Canada. Just so happens he says Jessica got hysterical over this ( I know, sounds crazy but it is what he said), no time frame referenced of course. Not sure what the relevance is but I do find it interesting that name has now surfaced twice. Keep in mind that I do not believe in coincidences, only the illusion of them.

excellent memory, RC!! Yes the Brett name is being bandied about, isn't it?

I thought Gary Beard's affadavit was interesting.

It sure seems like they had a lot of bugs.

Reddress, I have been wondering about the Brett Wilson name for a bit having heard Brad discuss him in the deposition as being a former boy friend of Nancy's. Then I realized where I heard the name before - Mike Hiller's affidavit. Line 17 he tells about Nancy getting a text message from a fellow named Brett, who was a friend of Nancy's from Canada. Just so happens he says Jessica got hysterical over this ( I know, sounds crazy but it is what he said), no time frame referenced of course. Not sure what the relevance is but I do find it interesting that name has now surfaced twice. Keep in mind that I do not believe in coincidences, only the illusion of them.
OH MY, BC! You are right!! What a sleuth you are. Thank you for pointing this out. That surely makes sense now.

He agreed to resolution prior to the hearing. I believe he did this based on his attorney's recommendation. I have absolutely no knowledge about what went on...it's only my opinion.

Still, it was ultimately BC's decision. The attorney cannot do anything his client does or does not want done.

Something that bothers me about the cleaning.
I've been told by a wood floor person that water
is the worst friend of wood floors. So I don't really
understand the water/vinegar thing.

For hardwood floors, I use vinegar & water. After dipping a regular mop I wring it out as much as I can. After doing that, I put a dry cloth (and more when they get wet) over the head of a sponge mop and take off the excess water.

For hardwood floors, I use vinegar & water. After dipping a regular mop I wring it out as much as I can. After doing that, I put a dry cloth (and more when they get wet) over the head of a sponge mop and take off the excess water.

Water really isn't good for wood floors.

Glad to hear you use a mop.

Water really isn't good for wood floors.

Glad to hear you use a mop.

I was thinking after I posted - perhaps your source was referring to the old type of hardwood. I grew up in the 50s with hardwood and can't ever remember washing it. It was my job to apply paste wax and buff it with an electric polisher. Perhaps the modern hardwood has been treated or something.
I've had my present hardwood for 15 yrs and it looks like new!

Update: I just asked someone in the know. The Cary police did interview Jennifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet