Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Town of Cary spokeswoman Susan Moran declined to comment on the affidavit but urged anyone with information about the murder case to contact police."

To me this is a slight statement of 'the CPD IS doing their job' and 'will follow any leads that may pertain to the case'.

So maybe this woman did not have pertinant information...

Any idea who will be in the courthouse for this hearing besides BC and NC family?
LE?
NC friends?
BC friends?

Any idea how involved this will be tomorrow?

I can only imagine, Mom. Maybe I'll go and let you know.

Somehow I think they better come up with something better than calling-out the witness on whether they know if Lochmere is a Drive or a Road... :)

I doubt that kind of detail is what a prosecution lawyer would use to 'discredit' a witness. Typos are not a big deal. No I mean things like questions about the sighting itself, what the person was wearing, how clearly they saw them, how closely they paid attention, if they (the prosecution) learned of someone else in the neighborhood who was out that morning and if that person has a similar height and build...things like that. Eyewitness testimony can be strong but it can also sometimes proved to be mistaken or at least enough doubt established that a jury doesn't know if the eyewitness really saw the victim or not. I remember seeing similar type testimony in prior cases (I watched the O.J. trial, the Laci trial and a couple others along the way and eyewitness testimony was discredited in the end by prosecutors).

This sighting would help BC not hurt him...why would she not move on with no response from CPD??? K&B have asked for so long ANY information to please contact them....
Why crawl out of the woodwork now?

The idea of her not being computer savvy..BS...not with her job. This was on all news channels and IMO someone would have to live under a stump not to have seen or heard bits and pieces before now.

I'm with you 100%...why now?????? Why not last month or even Aug????
Again, why now? Somethings not quite kosher.....and I'm not referring to CPD.

Eye wonder: Eye_Believe certainly has been silent. :eye: Eye, if you are lurking, please come out and let us know how the "Lochmere dirt on Nancy's knee" theory is coming along. What do you think of the latest aff from the Lochmerian dog walker who says she saw NC through her own contact lenses?
Eye? Are you with us?

I doubt that kind of detail is what a prosecution lawyer would use to 'discredit' a witness. Typos are not a big deal. No I mean things like questions about the sighting itself, what the person was wearing, how clearly they saw them, how closely they paid attention, if they (the prosecution) learned of someone else in the neighborhood who was out that morning and if that person has a similar height and build...things like that. Eyewitness testimony can be strong but it can also sometimes proved to be mistaken or at least enough doubt established that a jury doesn't know if the eyewitness really saw the victim or not. I remember seeing similar type testimony in prior cases (I watched the O.J. trial, the Laci trial and a couple others along the way and eyewitness testimony was discredited in the end by prosecutors).

Hey SG - did you notice the judge turned down Door #2 ? Guess no one can claim she isn't trying to be fair since she could have looked in those files for the answer she will need tomorrow as part of her determination regarding temporary custody. :)

Hey SG - did you notice the judge turned down Door #2 ? Guess no one can claim she isn't trying to be fair since she could have looked in those files for the answer she will need tomorrow as part of her determination regarding temporary custody. :)
Yes I did notice that. She has some good willpower, eh?

I guess "said-o"s hold a lot more weight than "typos." When I heard the lady called it Lochmere Road instead of Lochmere Drive it made me think she didn't know what she was talking about. When I heard Brad say "Wilson" instead of "Windsor," it made me think he DID know what he was talking about and that he was trying to hide something!

I guess "said-o"s hold a lot more weight than "typos." When I heard the lady called it Lochmere Road instead of Lochmere Drive it made me think she didn't know what she was talking about. When I heard Brad say "Wilson" instead of "Windsor," it made me think he DID know what he was talking about and that he was trying to hide something!

LOL @ 'said-o's' Why am I now thinking of spaghetti-o's?

More than me - I would have brewed a fresh pot of coffee, proped my feet up and commenced to read like a demon. :crazy:
yeah me too! And since willpower would have been a nice idea but ultimately unsuccessful, I suppose I'd have a cookie or some chocolate along with that coffee. :wink:

Roy - she herself admits that LE took her statement on the 13th. What else can LE do ? A statement is a statement is a statement and she admits LE took her statement. I don't see the problem here other than someone who feels LE should have treated her as being more important.

:clap:Exactly. Ita.

It seems they have yet another update on WRAL.

"Cary police Chief Pat Bazemore declined to comment on the affidavit but urged anyone with information about the murder case to contact police."

:clap:Exactly. Ita.

I should probably retract that statement Ms. Jilly since it was Lynn Prather who notorized it - I suspect it may actually be closer to the truth that K & B thought she should have been given special and important treatment.

I missed this I guess...
I did see where the judge denied the defense their request for CPD to hand over all info... Is that what you're getting at?

If the custody judge would have ordered LE to hand over all the investigation info to BC's attorneys, would they have had to comply?

When did the custody judge herself pass up an opportunity to get that info from LE, and read it for herself?

I'm sure it's written up in an article somewhere, I just missed it... :)
[ Again, I saw where she ruled against the defendant's requests, but just don't see the direct connection with not taking door #2 ]

I should probably retract that statement Ms. Jilly since it was Lynn Prather who notorized it - I suspect it may actually be closer to the truth that K & B thought she should have been given special and important treatment.

Even better!:)

I missed this I guess...
I did see where the judge denied the defense their request for CPD to hand over all info... Is that what you're getting at?

If the custody judge would have ordered LE to hand over all the investigation info to BC's attorneys, would they have had to comply?

When did the custody judge herself pass up an opportunity to get that info from LE, and read it for herself?

I'm sure it's written up in an article somewhere, I just missed it... :)
[ Again, I saw where she ruled against the defendant's requests, but just don't see the direct connection with not taking door #2 ]

It's in the legal docs - Motion to Quash. The DA was not willing to turn over the records but provided Door #2 - an in camera inspection of the records by the judge to determine if the records were necessary for the custody hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member