Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to LE and prosecutors, North Carolina is the most corrupt state in the nation.

Don't ever get in trouble there. Mike Nifong is the state's standard fare.

Don't know about the DA's, but the sheriffs seem to be in trouble in several counties. In my county, we just got a new one because the previous sheriff is facing a federal jail term (hasn't been sentenced yet).

Oh, great! Greta is back on football players! I'm going to bed.

Welcome to WS, IMHO63, Lunarmodule, and all the newbies I may have missed!! (I have to catch up from early this morning still...so not ignoring anyone...I promise.) I look forward to all of your posts.

Lunar, you are so right about juggling young ones on the weekends. Basically, it is the only time a SAHM (stay at home mom) can get out to run errands without the children. I agree totally about Brad only being able to take the kids in small doses. Hell..he could only take his marriage in the same way.

Don't know about the DA's, but the sheriffs seem to be in trouble in several counties. In my county, we just got a new one because the previous sheriff is facing a federal jail term (hasn't been sentenced yet).

Oh, great! Greta is back on football players! I'm going to bed.

Samo samo

Welcome to WS, IMHO63, Lunarmodule, and all the newbies I may have missed!! (I have to catch up from early this morning still...so not ignoring anyone...I promise.) I look forward to all of your posts.

Lunar, you are so right about juggling young ones on the weekends. Basically, it is the only time a SAHM (stay at home mom) can get out to run errands without the children. I agree totally about Brad only being able to take the kids in small doses. Hell..he could only take his marriage in the same way.

Run down the evidence list.

ITA. With time it'll be easy for everyone and how lucky to see a resemblance. So for that reason, it doesn't bother me they call her Krista Mom...I remember feeling that was cute early on when I first heard.
It doesn't bother me either...but the 4 year old should be told soon about her mom so she can separate the two in her own mind, and as SS said, be allowed to grieve. Four year olds are very intuitive...I've experienced it first hand.

If I remember correctly there was a post wondering if he had returned to work. I spoke to someone whose husband actually worked with him on occasion. (My dh also works at the same place, but fortunately did not know him. He does cringe though everytime BC is pictured wearing his cap.) He had not been back when I talked to her Wednesday and of course they wonder if he will ever be back.

This person's husband had worked with him on a couple of projects, but was not a "friend". He said from what he saw he was a laid back guy and that they did talk about their kids. He did go help and search and when he got with the group he was searching with and they introduced themselves they asked him how he knew BC and he said I work with him. The other members of the group just said "Oh" and they searched in silence. He thought that was a little odd, and of course we now know why. His group searched in an area that was totally the opposite from where NC was discovered.

I just hope this is all resolved soon.

I have to say, though, that I'm really bothered by how it was done. Maybe he knew they were going to court, and didn't fight it... I don't think we really know, one way or the other. What bothers me is that they were able to walk into court and say he did this, this, and this, and they were given the children. That is scary to me. What's to stop any grandparent, out of anger or vindictiveness, to take their grandchildren away from the bio parent?
Don't get me wrong... in this case, I'm sure the children are safer. Even if he's not guilty, he seems unstable, at least at this time. But if they take those kids to Canada for the memorial, it won't surprise me at all if they don't bring them back when the court hearing is held on the 25th. He may never see them again, whether he is found guilty or not.
I would be willing to bet they had records from the hospital or LE to show Brad did in fact try to commit suicide. I would say they had other pieces of evidence to back up what they were saying was true about the prior situation between Brad and Nancy. They did not do this empty handed. This case demanded that someone take action to remove the children if they saw him "unraveling" before their eyes while spending some time with him. They did the right thing in the right way, imo. Less trauma for the children because of the timing, too. Who knows how crazy it could get around Brad in the next few weeks?!

If other grandparents have that kind of suspicion and can provide evidence...they by all means should try to take the kids away! However, a Judge should weigh it out and decide what is in the best interest of the children. He should investigate to know the motives of anyone trying to gain custody in any situation.

If Nancy kept a journal would it be admissible(sp?) in a custody case?

Welcome to all the new posters, I've been reading just not posting.

It doesn't bother me either...but the 4 year old should be told soon about her mom so she can separate the two in her own mind, and as SS said, be allowed to grieve. Four year olds are very intuitive...I've experienced it first hand.

And ITA with that too. Earlier in the afternoon I had posted that I sure hoped they would explain it to the girls bc at the time of press release they said they hadn't said anything yet....at even at some point they said the girls hadn't even asked about her. That is surprising. And now, they won't be seeing dad...the 2yo may not care but the 4 yo has got to be confused.

Then when the gfa asked the press to respect their privacy tonight if the kids were there....I thouhgt it is going to be one tough afternoon BECAUSE certainly they wouldn't have brought them otherwise.

Hey Panthera! I think you own that smilie now don't ya?:D:wave:<This is mine! haha!
That's my favorite one now ~ I've always wanted the little waving one!! :) I like yours too!!

And ITA with that too. Earlier in the afternoon I had posted that I sure hoped they would explain it to the girls bc at the time of press release they said they hadn't said anything yet....at even at some point they said the girls hadn't even asked about her. That is surprising. And now, they won't be seeing dad...the 2yo may not care but the 4 yo has got to be confused.

Then when the gfa asked the press to respect their privacy tonight if the kids were there....I thouhgt it is going to be one tough afternoon BECAUSE certainly they wouldn't have brought them otherwise.
It bothers me to hear the girls haven't asked about her. This could mean the girls saw or heard something the night she went missing. They need to find out what the girls do know.

Did I just hear the name of the other woman is Heather on Greta?!

The big "twist" is news of the affair. We did know this already. (Groans)

The reporter has been hanging around the Harris Teeter store and has talked to 3 employees who say that LE did come in and were investigation "something", but they do not know exactly what on the tapes. They did not want to talk on camera or specify what the "something" could be.

I thought I heard that also! Wasn't sure if Griff said "whether" or Heather:confused:
I am surprised that no one has come out with that info yet. The police have to know who it is. I am sure they are making sure that the person had nothing to do with the murder either.

The child should be told about her mom. In a way that is comforting for a 4 year old. Children know that something isn't right and it is unfair to them not to deal as directly as possible. Grieving is part of the process and normal and healthy to do so. This is such a terrible tragedy on all fronts and leaves so many victims.

I am so very sorry this has happened to Nancy and her loved ones.

I thought I heard that also! Wasn't sure if Griff said "whether" or Heather:confused:
I am surprised that no one has come out with that info yet. The police have to know who it is. I am sure they are making sure that the person had nothing to do with the murder either.
Doesn't anyone have TIVO?! :confused:

If Nancy kept a journal would it be admissible(sp?) in a custody case?

Welcome to all the new posters, I've been reading just not posting.

Sans a stipulation from the other party and assuming it contained material evidence, if it was deemed to be competent evidence via a handwriting expert, it almost assuredly would be allowed.

(rules of evidence change little between courts; i.e., civil, family, criminal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member