Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all of the early media, Brad's questions about Carrie were mentioned and the fact that Jessica didn't know how to get in touch with her has been discussed. On this board, it was even speculated that Carrie might not exist.

Yes, but now we have Brad saying one thing and we have a sworn affidavit attesting to her name, first and last, as well as an explanation of who she is and how she fits into the picture. She exists and all that speculation of not existing has been wiped clean. The point is Brad claimed no one knew who she was - that is an outright lie.

Who said there is a video of him receiving a call ? He said in the affidavit, Nancy called him at 6:40 BEFORE he was in the store to buy the detergent and juice at 6:45

Of course, now that we know he was some type of an expert with the Cisco Voip thing, LOL, or whatever, who's to say he didn't manipulate these phones to try to cover his tracks?

I'm still waiting to hear for REAL about the store purchase at 4:00 a.m. I honestly don't think we got misinformation.

I think this guy believes if he says it enough, his way, it will come true.:rolleyes:

As if!
fran

Just as an observer from the outside, Brad's 2 statements in the affadavit bother me.
One being that Nancy was a big spender, wanted expensive jewelry etc...yet any photo I see of her, she barely has any jewelry on and she wears very casual clothes.
I agree and also he says Nancy liked to buy $8000 paintings..well in the property settlement HE gets 9 paintings and she gets 7~so HE must like them himself:rolleyes:

Tomorrow we'll see an explanation of him getting 9 paintings vs her 7, but she was getting the newer car.:waitasec:

fran

Of course, now that we know he was some type of an expert with the Cisco Voip thing, LOL, or whatever, who's to say he didn't manipulate these phones to try to cover his tracks?

I'm still waiting to hear for REAL about the store purchase at 4:00 a.m. I honestly don't think we got misinformation.

I think this guy believes if he says it enough, his way, it will come true.:rolleyes:

As if!
fran

I keep adding to my posts after ya'll read....sorry.
Yes, clever Brad likely played a game with the phones .

I doubt the 4 am trip is accurate.
No way he would file the affidavit if he knew he was there at 4 am

$2100 child support + alimony to a woman he obviously despised for 8 years had him at the boiling point.

Makes me wonder WHY Brad married Nancy in the first place. He obviously disliked her at least somewhat early on. It's clear his mother (and possibly additional family members) disliked her as well. A guy like this...you'd think he'd want to stay single so he could play the field perpetually.

Is there also a Harris Teeter on Waverly Place ?
New here and been following threads for several days. I have lived in north Cary for about 17 years, about 8 miles from Lochmere.

Harris Teeter used to be at Waverly Place, where Whole Foods is now. They moved across the street when Crescent Commons was built - maybe about 8 years ago?

Most people in Cary know where Waverly Place is because it has been there a long time and is well known. I would bet that people in that area generally know whether they are at Waverly Place or Crescent Commons - it would be hard to mistake one for the other - unless you rarely go to either one.

What a flurry of information today!

In all of the early media, Brad's questions about Carrie were mentioned and the fact that Jessica didn't know how to get in touch with her has been discussed. On this board, it was even speculated that Carrie might not exist.

That would probably be because we were going by Brad's version. Once other people explain it, the story doesn't exactly come out the same.

Weird how OTHER people just do NOT agree with Brad's explanations. I'm sure his excuse will be that everyone else is lying except him. They're trying to get him arrested because they think he killed their friend. :eek:

But he's innocent, he proclaims. :boohoo:

right,:rolleyes:
fran

PS.........yet he wants us to believe that his wife CONFESSED to an affair, that did NOT involve sex with an unknown man in front of a doctor that can NOT testify or make a statement because of 'dr. client privilege.':waitasec:

PPS........I'm sure people are wondering why we sometimes say these things almost in a comical way. Well, after you've seen enough of these cases, it's like watching 'groundhog day' and it gets to the point of ridiculous what people want the public to believe...........fran

Hi jerxzeegirl, welcome to Websleuths! :)

While your contemplating how innocent Brad must be, have you read some of the additional items filed today by Nancy's friends?

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3258895/Plaintiff_affidavits.pdf

I don't have time to give these a thorough reading or to go through point-by-point, but most what I see is that Nancy had a mother-in-law that she complained about; Brad wasn't very sociable (or at least toward her friends and likely to a similar degree as most techies); He worked a lot, furthered his education, enjoyed working out and traveled for business.

They had money problems, which may or may not were due to Nancy's spending (none of her friends dispute his claim) and a household budget was set, which apparently Nancy didn't feel was adequate and she complained to her family and friends.

But, something which jumped out at me from Michelle Simmons affidavit was #16, the bit about how Nancy was taken off of the joint account, had no debit card and would have to go inside to pay for gas; Apparently, based on everyone's affidavit's, Nancy was being given a cash budget. All she would've had to do was walk into any bank, anywhere with a minimum deposit and a driver's license and they'd mail her a debit card within a week.

New here and been following threads for several days. I have lived in north Cary for about 17 years, about 8 miles from Lochmere.

Harris Teeter used to be at Waverly Place, where Whole Foods is now. They moved across the street when Crescent Commons was built - maybe about 8 years ago?

Most people in Cary know where Waverly Place is because it has been there a long time and is well known. I would bet that people in that area generally know whether they are at Waverly Place or Crescent Commons - it would be hard to mistake one for the other - unless you rarely go to either one.

What a flurry of information today!

Thanks Caryishome and welcome to WS.

it is interesting how you worded that. I asked about it because in Brad's statements he does indeed reference the HT at Waverly Place, no reference to Crescent Commons. It may mean nothing or it may mean he rarely goes to either one. Appreciate it !

Weird how OTHER people just do NOT agree with Brad's explanations. I'm sure his excuse will be that everyone else is lying except him. They're trying to get him arrested because they think he killed their friend.

I'm more prone to believe that they're her friends and they're all mostly repeating the things she told them, which would naturally be her side. Throughout all of the affidavits, there's very little that anyone actually witnessed (Jessica says that he yelled at Nancy once, when she was on the phone) and the overwhelming majority of the rest are repetitions of many of the same examples, all of them secondhand.

Nancy was being given a cash budget.

a cash budget that didn't allow her to purchase all the groceries + gas + basic things needed for her children. And why exactly do you think it was important for her husband to FOLLOW HER to the gas station when she got gas and only put in just enough for her to run local errands (he didn't allow her to actually fill up the tank).

And WHY did he allow the water to be turned off in their house (and Nancy not have any way to get it turned back on)?

What possible innocent/nice explanation could there be for this kind of controlling behavior?

Thanks Caryishome and welcome to WS.

it is interesting how you worded that. I asked about it because in Brad's statements he does indeed reference the HT at Waverly Place, no reference to Crescent Commons. It may mean nothing or it may mean he rarely goes to either one. Appreciate it !

Waverly is larger and more identifiable, while I'm sure most people couldn't name "Crescent Commons" and refer to that plaza as "Harris-Teeter" or "Walmart", depending on which store they were going to go.

(There's LOTS of plazas in Cary and I doubt anyone could name most)

I'm more prone to believe that they're her friends and they're all mostly repeating the things she told them, which would naturally be her side. Throughout all of the affidavits, there's very little that anyone actually witnessed (Jessica says that he yelled at Nancy once, when she was on the phone) and the overwhelming majority of the rest are repetitions of many of the same examples, all of them secondhand.

Well yea, they are repeating what the victim told them, as well as what they observed first hand.

Who does Brad have that will attest to his version ?

waiting.....

a cash budget that didn't allow her to purchase all the groceries + gas + basic things needed for her children.

The price of gas has risen significantly over the past year and so has the cost of most foods. Perhaps they needed to revisit their budget, but I'm sure most people have noticed a larger dent in their wallets.

I don't have time to give these a thorough reading or to go through point-by-point, but most what I see is that Nancy had a mother-in-law that she complained about; Brad wasn't very sociable (or at least toward her friends and likely to a similar degree as most techies); He worked a lot, furthered his education, enjoyed working out and traveled for business.

They had money problems, which may or may not were due to Nancy's spending (none of her friends dispute his claim) and a household budget was set, which apparently Nancy didn't feel was adequate and she complained to her family and friends.

But, something which jumped out at me from Michelle Simmons affidavit was #16, the bit about how Nancy was taken off of the joint account, had no debit card and would have to go inside to pay for gas; Apparently, based on everyone's affidavit's, Nancy was being given a cash budget. All she would've had to do was walk into any bank, anywhere with a minimum deposit and a driver's license and they'd mail her a debit card within a week.

I suppose having my water turned off and having no way to pay the bill with small children to care for would make me complain as well. It would also make me complain to have someone follow me to the gas station and only allow me x amount of gas which they paid for with their ATM.

What good is a debit card if you have only x amount - it doesn't buy anymore than cash but can sure get you into a bind.

I'm amazed, you don't think Nancy had reason to complain about her mother in law ? She's just a whiner is that what you are implying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm