Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How? I mean strangulation is strangulation, BFT is BFT how can anyone prove Brad did or didn't do it at this early stage?? Unless it was strangulation and there is VERY clear finger prints around her neck. How can BFT be proven to be or not be Brad unless there is DNA present and at this point I don't believe any of those results are back yet. I'm asking because I don't know - I'm in no way trying to be mean about it. I truly don't know what the A/R could show at this point.

I don't know the timeframe on DNA, but an NC attorney posting on this forum said that they'd expect LE to use a private lab and I don't know whether or not the state lab actually has a delay; Right now, if Brad didn't kill his wife, he probably doesn't know how she died and doesn't know if there's evidence to exonerate him and if he did, then he might hope there's so little, it could raise reasonable doubt.

Autopsy reports in NC typically take 2-3 months to complete.
Mr Blum knows this and is just posturing

Again, I expect the custody case to be continued unless Brad doesn't agree and by filing the paperwork now, it gives his side grounds. And, I'm sure there's preliminary paperwork on the autopsy, some or all of which might exclude Brad.

I don't know the timeframe on DNA, but an NC attorney posting on this forum said that they'd expect LE to use a private lab and I don't know whether or not the state lab actually has a delay; Right now, if Brad didn't kill his wife, he probably doesn't know how she died and doesn't know if there's evidence to exonerate him and if he did, then he might hope there's so little, it could raise reasonable doubt.

Brad's attorney obviously knows he has no scratch marks (rumor on this board).
If his DNA was found at autopsy, it would be under her nails....they apparently know it is not there.

Of course, that in no way exonerates him.

I can't find a link to the video, but on tonight's new (WRAL) they did show the police still handing out flyers in the Lochmere subdivision requesting information about the case.

I look at this two ways. They could either be looking for someone to place BC at the scene or they truly don't have a POI and are looking for fresh leads.

I'll post a link to the broadcast if I can find it.

ETA link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3259280/

I was reading it with my mouth hanging open (not even sure what the paper is called, his 'answer'?) Anywho...very well written, IMO. Touched on everything. I actually cried when reading about him going to meet the gp's only to be served and the children 'peeled' from him.

I think it's awesome we have his side of the story.

Now...let's see the ME report and results of evidence, if any physical, collected.

This is getting VERY interesting.

I hope if he is guilty he fries, I hope if he is innocent, it can be proven w/o a doubt.

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing a lot of substance. Primarily it's Jessica boohooing about the fact that Brad didn't hang with her.

Geez. What planet are you on ?

I read about a narcissistic, controlling, sadistic maniac that killed his wife.

Me too JTF - sounded to me like he wasn't hangin' with his wife and daughters to me. I doubt Jessica gave a rats be-hind if he was hangin' with her but his own wife and kids???? GMAB

ETA - he's a classic narcissistic, controlling freak to me - IMO

"...and his cellphone records should show the phone call about the juice and unless one of the kids called or he had an accomplice in the cover-up, it could be reasonably assumed that Nancy was alive at 6:40 on Saturday morning."

Yes I saw this, however this would be easy to do, all BC had to do was call his phone from Nancy's cell...he did have the purse and car after all...smart thinking on his part, evidence to support his story, allegedly.

This is all getting so expensive, and messy as the divorce would have been I suppose, but now much more costly in so many ways.

Having just now read all this stuff I have concluded the following:

Brad did go to the store just as he described, Nancy called him just as he described and he purchased the items just as described. Nancy was still alive.

However when he returned home is when the stuff hit the fan. From reading all the nice things he had to say in his custody filing it was obvious he had a tennis match scheduled for that morning despite earlier in his epistle saying that Saturday was Mommy's day off. A huge fight occurs and he murdered her shortly after 7 am - she never went running but may have been dressed to do so. A few things lead me to this - Brad says Nancy called him at the store but yet Jessica reported Nancy's purse and cell phone were in her car during the 911 call.

Page 4 of Jessica Adam's affidavit - Brad called her at 1230 pm that Saturday saying he was going to look for Nancy and this Carrie person. She offers to watch the girls while he does so and he just hangs up on her. I suspect he was loading Nancy into the car to dispose of her body at that time.

JMO

Ahh good point but from the way it looked in the photos - building would be a long time coming. Even though she would be found eventually, Brad was thinking the heat would be off him by then and the police would chalk it up to unsolved or an abduction by someone else. Again this is just a theory - just an opinion.

Do we know yet what she was wearing when found? I sure wish I knew. All I've read was "very little clothing".
I think she was put there to decompose as quickly as possible without being found immediately. About the clothes, I was thinking after hearing the man's 911 call, about the vultures ~ like if they'd be picking at it? I still don't see a t-shirt & shorts as being 'partially dressed'. :waitasec:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1151638.html
Didn't see this posted..to me it looks like they were broke...and Brad was about to be "broker"
, "Bradley Cooper had granted his wife the right to return to Canada with the girls, and the couple had agreed to list their home for sale at a price of $370,000. The proceeds of that sale were to pay off the home's mortgage, the loan on Nancy Cooper's BMW X5, the balances on three credit cards and a loan against Bradley Cooper's 401k.
Bradley Cooper was to have paid Nancy Cooper $2,100 a month in child support beginning May 1, 2008, and to cover Bella and Katie's tuition at a mutually agreed upon private school from kindergarten through high school.
WHAT??? :eek: How much did he make a month? And a private school from kindergarten through high school and the girls are only 4 & 2 right now? I sure see lots of motive! She could take the kids back to Canada & he'd still have to pay $2100/mo child support plus their school.

The main thing that investigators will always look at is MOTIVE. There is plenty here and the lack of a random killer or clues pointing to one keeps cycling the investigation back to Brad Cooper.
We have yet to hear Brad offer a reward for the unknown villian(s) who murdered his soon to be ex-wife.

The recent rash of attorney posturing is for perception building and media attention.
The custody petition is a distraction and BC's vehicle to get his side of the divorce/custody/alibi out to the media.

The most unfortunate and unfair aspect of this, is that Nancy Cooper cannot respond to any of Brad's allegations.
She is forever silenced with only her bravest and loyal of friends to become her voice.

The main thing that investigators will always look at is MOTIVE. There is plenty here and the lack of a random killer or clues pointing to one keeps cycling the investigation back to Brad Cooper.
We have yet to hear Brad offer a reward for the unknown villian(s) who murdered his soon to be ex-wife.

The recent rash of attorney posturing is for perception building and media attention.
The custody petition is a distraction and BC's vehicle to get his side of the divorce/custody/alibi out to the media.

The most unfortunate and unfair aspect of this, is that Nancy Cooper cannot respond to any of Brad's allegations.
She is forever silenced with only her bravest and loyal of friends to become her voice.

Nancy may not be able to respond but her friends affidavits sure told the story for her. Hope Brad's lawyer has now received enough information since he was the one who chose to play this in the media - his boy is toast.

Yeah, you've seen one wife murder or mysterious disappearance without a trace, you've seen them all.

Like I've been sayin', each one of these narcissistic control freaks with an education think they're smarter than all the guys sitting on Death Row or serving Life Without Parole, in prison, after prison, after prison,.... across this nation.

They think they're the first one to think of it!
They think they will save money if the wife dies or disappears.
They think no one will suspect them.
They think they've covered their track so well.
They think that IF they get tried, their wiz of a defense attorney will pull a Perry Mason and get them freed.

Just ask these guys presently serving time what they would do if they could turn the clock back to BEFORE their wife was murdered or disappeared. Would they get a divorce this time around?

It's a rhetorical question, no answer necessary.

Brad should have read the final three chapters of this book. The part where he gets, arrested, tried, and convicted. :behindbar

Just a matter of time, IMO.

JMHO
fran

WHAT??? :eek: How much did he make a month? And a private school from kindergarten through high school and the girls are only 4 & 2 right now? I sure see lots of motive! She could take the kids back to Canada & he'd still have to pay $2100/mo child support plus their school.

Not only that, she was going to receive 8 years of alimony, providing she wasn't remarried.

He wanted joint custody where he could see the kids on weekends and a vacation in the summer. But she was going to have to move back to Canada because she didn't have a work permit in the U.S. IMHO, that's the reason he took the kids passports away. Because if she moved to Canada, he was responsible to pay for the kids transportation back and forth, PLUS he had to pay for Nancy to accompany them on their flight.

Bet the stuck in his craw! :rolleyes:

They also had a loan on his 401K. The house proceeds were to pay that off, and she was going to get the 401K, IIRC. :eek:

Oh, and he had to pay off the newer car that Nancy was driving, (his was paid for) and she got to keep it!

Oh, and he had to keep his life insurance payable to Nancy and keep it up to date in premium payments.

Oh, and he had to pay for health insurance for the kids until they were 18.

Oh,........and all of the kids extra-curricular activities, orthodontist, dentist, extra dr bills...............BRAD would have been responsible for them ALL!!

Can you spell MOTIVE for MURDER!!!!!!!!:eek:

JMHO
fran

Fran I don't believe I've ever expressed to you just how much I enjoy your posts!!! Final three chapters - I have the perfect book for him to read - he is the male version of Anne Miller Kontz. The cases are in no way similar except for the Cary addy. It's just that this guy is a male version of her. He shoudl read the entire book!! She still to this day thinks she's smarter than the cops. She still sits in jail trying to figure out where she went wrong and I beleive she'll never admit to herself that she is at fault.

I wonder if Kurtz & Blum was already retained by BC for the divorce. One of the affidavits mentions he had a divorce attorney. I honestly had never heard of them prior to this case. As mentioned previously, the big criminal cases usually have one of the Smiths (Wade/Roger), Joe Cheshire, or David Rudolph associated with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm