Nancy Grace - 9/19/08 - Friday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the info however, I am going to watch the re-air at 10pm so I can catch what was said again. I understood it to mean that the brother or sister COULD NOT plead the 5th because there is no brother-sister privilege, therefore, Lee would have to answer the questions truthfully. I'll pay closer attention when I watch it again.

Lee WILL have to answer questions truthfully, bur can always plead the 5th if the answer will incriminate him in some way. But I don't see these people pleading the fifth, personally. I see them just telling whatever lies they think they can get away with. And with having the benefit of discovery, they will probably be carefully crafting those lies.

If MH lives off base, he can have someone live with him as long as he isn't violating the terms of his lease (with the apt complex or wherever he lives/lived). The govt pays an allowance (BAH) to the military member each month based on location and married or single status.

FWIW, my husband is military and I moved in with him before we were married.
I see you're in Florida, but do you know anything about where MH is (29Palms) ? Is there off base housing there? I just can't see Casey out there.

MOMMYA: Lee's friend from TN is Jeremy, which by the way, I thought looked a lot like Caylee.

This could also explain her comment to the detectives about not having seen the father's parents since they were little kids. Perhaps he was a friend of Lee's that used to live in Orlando, but moved to Tennessee.

I suspect KC had prepared a special lie for MH. Perhaps Caylee died from a horrible disease and it wouldn't be okay to ever talk to the Grandparents about it because they were SO devastated. But KC really needs to move to Calif. to get away from it all. She was about to hit up MH for travel money, I'll bet. "Universal will reimburse." Do you think she knew that guys in the lower ranks usually have to live in the barracks?

Is anyone really surprised that LA lies also? The whole family has a huge problem, obviously. Where do you think KC got her crazy from? I think they lie so much that they don't even know the truth. They all live in CaseyWorld. But that doesn't mean they are all guilty, just nuts. I was going to suggest a brain scan for KC but it looks like they all have that allergy to the truth.

I hope the female bodyguard actually KNOWS something and isn't wanted to just testify that KC wasn't upset about the air samples.

My bold: Depends on his rank...my husband was an E-4 (pretty low in rank) when he was allowed to move out of the barracks and into a private lease in town.

I pray that the female bg knows something too. It would be a blessing in disguise if she holds the key to some major info.

Lee WILL have to answer questions truthfully, bur can always plead the 5th if the answer will incriminate him in some way. But I don't see these people pleading the fifth, personally. I see them just telling whatever lies they think they can get away with. And with having the benefit of discovery, they will probably be carefully crafting those lies.

If it ever comes out that they lied during the bond hearing, can they be tried for perjury?

This could also explain her comment to the detectives about not having seen the father's parents since they were little kids. Perhaps he was a friend of Lee's that used to live in Orlando, but moved to Tennessee.

This makes sense. Someone found his Myspace (on another thread somewhere) and I believe that he was originally from Ohio.

Maybe 'Zanny the Nanny' sent scripts for the entire Anthony family ???

Why stop there? There where scripts for all of Casey's friends! The script called for most of them to say she is a pathological liar. :)

I know this is going backwards a little bit, but I did notice that there was no interaction on a lot of the videos where Caylee is being filmed by herself with no one else around. I have a feeling that KC was doing those and it sure screams to me volumes how dis-attached (is that a word?) she was to little Caylee. That baby seems to look at the camera strangely at times and even seems to beg for some reaction to the person taking those videos. She knew something we didn't. That bothers me A LOT. When CA said she and Caylee were going on a little vacation "to bond", I knew something was up. How can your baby be almost 3 year old and you're not bonded yet???? That would have been a huge red flag to me and I wouldn't have let her out of my sight especially if I were seriously looking for possible custody of my grandaughter. It baffles me as to how this family could have trusted the baby WITH KC. They must have had some apprehension, don't you think?
I've thought about this alot. Casey was so detached from her flesh and blood. This was a baby, a beautiful little cherub faced littl one. And she could sit there videotaping her doing all kinds of adorable things, talking, dancing, eating, just being a little doll and Casey filmed her in total silence! That is so creepy, so unnatural! Unatural in every way!
And it disturbs me too, the way Cindy takes up for her and says what a good mother she was, blah, blah, and was at the time seriously considering obtaining custody of Caylee. You don't try to get custody of your grandaughter if the mom, is doing a great job!
Yeah, I saw a lot of red flags too!

I see you're in Florida, but do you know anything about where MH is (29Palms) ? Is there off base housing there? I just can't see Casey out there.

I've been there the base is huge and in the middle of the dessert. It's actually not very pretty and there isn't much there.

What I can't quite figure out though is how did she plan to survive in California without friends or family there to steal from? She'd actually have to get a good job in order to pay for an apt. and whatnot! :eek:

That's the problem with path'l liars & sociopaths, they make it up as they go along and don't do long range planning - just set some very nebulous dreams/

I know this is going backwards a little bit, but I did notice that there was no interaction on a lot of the videos where Caylee is being filmed by herself with no one else around. I have a feeling that KC was doing those and it sure screams to me volumes how dis-attached (is that a word?) she was to little Caylee. That baby seems to look at the camera strangely at times and even seems to beg for some reaction to the person taking those videos. She knew something we didn't. That bothers me A LOT. When CA said she and Caylee were going on a little vacation "to bond", I knew something was up. How can your baby be almost 3 year old and you're not bonded yet???? That would have been a huge red flag to me and I wouldn't have let her out of my sight especially if I were seriously looking for possible custody of my grandaughter. It baffles me as to how this family could have trusted the baby WITH KC. They must have had some apprehension, don't you think?

I have thought when looking at a lot of pictures and videos of Caylee that the smile didn't make it all the way to her eyes. In very few pictures does she seem truly happy like a little girl should be.

My bold: Depends on his rank...my husband was an E-4 (pretty low in rank) when he was allowed to move out of the barracks and into a private lease in town.
I'm retired military. Been out for a few years. Who got to move out and get the quarters allowance was highly regulated in those days and also dependent on location. 29 Palms was pretty remote when I last was there. Seems doubtful with the expensive Calif. housing market that MH would be off-base.

I've thought about this alot. Casey was so detached from her flesh and blood. This was a baby, a beautiful little cherub faced littl one. And she could sit there videotaping her doing all kinds of adorable things, talking, dancing, eating, just being a little doll and Casey filmed her in total silence! That is so creepy, so unnatural! Unatural in every way!
And it disturbs me too, the way Cindy takes up for her and says what a good mother she was, blah, blah, and was at the time seriously considering obtaining custody of Caylee. You don't try to get custody of your grandaughter if the mom, is doing a great job!
Yeah, I saw a lot of red flags too!

ITA..when I'm filming my kiddos I sound like an idiot. I listen later on and I'm like OMG. I feel exactly the same as you.

I suspect KC had prepared a special lie for MH. Perhaps Caylee died from a horrible disease and it wouldn't be okay to ever talk to the Grandparents about it because they were SO devastated. But KC really needs to move to Calif. to get away from it all.

She said she had something to tell him, something she had already told LA and CA. She said she didn't know how he would react. This is why I think she was planning to tell him that she had decided to relinquish custody of her daughter and start a new life in calif.

This storyline would eventually be found out, but KC has already demonstrated that she doesn't think too far down the road when weaving stories. When caught in a lie, she tries to redirect the conversation and confuse the interrogators while she thinks of plausible way to explain the lie.

If it ever comes out that they lied during the bond hearing, can they be tried for perjury?

Possibly, but there is usually a little more to perjury than just lying under oath. The falsity has to be about something material, for example. But it is a big no no to mistruth under oath, whatever the A family believes.

Was KC under 18 when she got pregnant? This could account for her not telling her parents who the father was. If the father was the friend of Lee's, he would have been old enough to be charged with statuatory rape. Lee might have talked her into protecting his friend by not naming him as the father. It could also explain why he has chosen to protect her now.

I have thought when looking at a lot of pictures and videos of Caylee that the smile didn't make it all the way to her eyes. In very few pictures does she seem truly happy like a little girl should be.

Yes, I perceived this also. Kids have a deep instinctive sense about people. Mommy was not gettin it! I totally agree.

Apparently it's the largest Marine base in the country - there are nearly 10,000 Marines and their families living there.

Casey could have dropped out of sight for awhile quite nicely.

http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back