Nancy Grace Exclusive w/ Neveah's Mom - 8 June 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said, Tricia. Maybe she should've just declined the invitation to be on Nancy's show since she isn't ready for prime-time. I also think there's a little problem with the truth, but that's MOO. ;)

Agreed panthera. I think she is trying to restructure her story to make herself look better if that is even possible.

She doesn't realize that people are picking up on these lies and calling her on it. She needs to stop and tell the truth.

Nothing will help her since we know she let these scumbags near her daughter then defended them.

She is not smart and not ready to talk. She should hire a lawyer who can make her points clearer.

I have to disagree. I would have sat there if I were innocent and the reason why is because until I proved my innocence, all eyes are on me and I want all eyes looking for the perp who did this to my child - the public's view can play a critical role here as LE often depend on information & tips from them in order to locate a perp.
JMOO

I would have cried. I would have to have a spokesman like Mark Klaas.

I can understand her being nervous and even defensive. But the constant changing stories? I don't understand that. I don't even think she's involved but I have to wonder why she would suddenly come up with the story about watching Nevaeh enter the apartment upstairs when she's said all along that she didn't.

IMO she is changing the stories to try and make herself look better. Like a more attentive mother.

Guys,

Sorry to get a bit off topic but look, we are use to seeing professionals on TV talking. Be it a cop, or reporter right?

There are very few people, although we have seen them, who are anything but ready to have the national media spotlight thrown on them.

One of the few people that got the message out right from the beginning was Marc Klaas. Angela Ricci is another person who came across beautifully on camera and got the message out.

But this woman is not educated, is a felon, and God knows what else.

She will wilt and die under any sort of hard questioning like Nancy just did. And I don't think we can fault her too much for her behavior. She is anything but camera ready.

That's not to say we should be any less disgusted by her choices but I don't think we can expect her to take on these torpedos and not look bad.

Just My Opinion and sorry to go a bit off topic. Bad forum owner bad bad..:slap::slap:[/QUOTE]

Beautifully said Tricia, I wonder about her common sense, which one would expect her to have even if she is not educated.

"She lies" in FBI profiling is an attempt to blame the victim. Not a good sign.

The tattletale neighbor girl who told her about Nevaeh riding her scooter in the street. Tattletale? Damn sorry to interrupt you from laying on the couch mom thinking about what to fix for dinner. She lies about being hungry? GMAB

Walking out of the show? WTH!

ETA: Morphing stories
The other day I read she'd been watching 'Jon & Kate' on tv. Now she's thinking about what to fix for dinner and saying Nevaeh lies about being hungry. Red flag! It sounds to me like there might have been a little problem between Nevaeh & her since she (JB) moved in 2-3 months ago. :eek: MOO

Agreed panthera. I think she is trying to restructure her story to make herself look better if that is even possible.

She doesn't realize that people are picking up on these lies and calling her on it. She needs to stop and tell the truth.

Nothing will help her since we know she let these scumbags near her daughter then defended them.

She is not smart and not ready to talk. She should hire a lawyer who can make her points clearer.
After her change in story today, I'm wondering how long it will be until she has another little chat with LE. If she thinks Nancy was hostile, maybe she really hasn't been interrogated yet. I thought she'd be tougher having been in prison and all. :waitasec: MOO

IMO she is changing the stories to try and make herself look better. Like a more attentive mother.

She'd look better to me if she broke down crying about how she SHOULD have watched Nevaeh walk up stairs, she should have made sure she got in that door. She should have told her to be home at a certain time. She definitely needs someone to advise her if she's hoping to get any public support.

I can understand her being nervous and even defensive. But the constant changing stories? I don't understand that. I don't even think she's involved but I have to wonder why she would suddenly come up with the story about watching Nevaeh enter the apartment upstairs when she's said all along that she didn't.

I too understand not being camera ready, but typically this does not cause one to lie. It appeared to me that JB added that she watched her daughter go to the neighbor's door, only in answer to Nancy's implications. This particular change in story also directly conflicts with Krystal Kuhn account of not seeing Nevaeh after 3:30 - 3:45.

I would have cried. I would have to have a spokesman like Mark Klaas.

Maybe JB should see if George A. is available for being a spokesperson. As much as I hate to say it, it would be a massive improvement. :rolleyes:

The other day I read she'd been watching 'Jon & Kate' on tv. Now she's thinking about what to fix for dinner and saying Nevaeh lies about being hungry. Red flag! It sounds to me like there might have been a little problem between Nevaeh & her since she (JB) moved in 2-3 months ago. :eek: MOO

The minute I heard her say 'she lies' I cringed. It was in such bad taste and thoughtless IMO Especially the way she said it. That is where you would think her common sense would kick in!

Guys,

Sorry to get a bit off topic but look, we are use to seeing professionals on TV talking. Be it a cop, or reporter right?

There are very few people, although we have seen them, who are anything but ready to have the national media spotlight thrown on them.

One of the few people that got the message out right from the beginning was Marc Klaas. Angela Ricci is another person who came across beautifully on camera and got the message out.

But this woman is not educated, is a felon, and God knows what else.

She will wilt and die under any sort of hard questioning like Nancy just did. And I don't think we can fault her too much for her behavior. She is anything but camera ready.

That's not to say we should be any less disgusted by her choices but I don't think we can expect her to take on these torpedos and not look bad.

Just My Opinion and sorry to go a bit off topic. Bad forum owner bad bad..:slap::slap:

I understand and I agree. This is an uneducated person who made horrific mistakes in the raising of her child and has no clue how to deal with the aftermath of her decisions, or lack thereof, or how to deal with the public outrage over those decisions. JB's demeanor on the show does not make me think she had something to do with her daughter's murder. But, my exposure to other horrible cases, the general reek of child neglect and endangerment emanating from Neveah's home environment as evidenced by the statements from her parents, the fact that JB knowingly exposed her precious child to a predator, all of that coupled with her lack of emotion causes me to not rule out that she may have had something to do with this crime, or perhaps, crimes that precipitated it.
But, I can easily see how it's simply a case like many others in which a person who should not have had a child carelessly had one anyhow, taking parenthood for granted, who failed to, or was unable to do what she needed to to learn how to parent, once her baby was born, and then sacrificed the well-being and safety of her child in exchange for her own romance or socialization. It happens all the time, as we know. But, something needs to be done.
I'm sick of seeing children born into a situation in which they never stood a chance, due to the circumstances of their parents. Education about parenting and birth control, serious intervention including parenting coaches and systematic welfare checks for families that become involved in the system due to neglect, abuse, criminal activity, poverty or drug/alcohol abuse,and last of all, prosecution of parents who endanger their children by exposing them to predators, either knowingly or negligently, needs to become a priority in this country. I'd love it if my taxes went to those kind of things, instead of to badly run banks and auto companies. Such policies are bound to prevent at least some cases like little Neveah's.

Am surprised no one mentioned this earlier, but if you rewatch NG, take notice of JB's eyes when she speaks. The majority of the time she is looking straight down into her lap. Reminds me of the television interviews Susan Smith did while claiming her boys were kidnapped by the carjacker. After her confession, a lot was stated about her inability to look the camera or her interviewer in the eye (re: lying...)

And OT....the "JB" is getting very confusing...kept wondering why everyone was talking about Jose Baez in this thread! HA!)

I know I'm missing this from another thread, but bio-dad was 17 when Nevaeh was born. How old is JB now?

I am wondering if he is the real father. He said he left Jennifer before Navaeh was conceived. It was a bizarre thing to say on national TV considering everything.

I'm thinking the same about the relationship between mother and daughter. Seems like some resentment, animosity there. Nevaeh was only 5 years old, sheesh calling your deceased daughter a liar on national tv.

She doesn't need an attorney, keep talking and tell us how you really feel JB.

Perhaps because she's beginning to realize that good parents don't act the way she has. She doesn't want to face the fact, or have others know, that her neglect led to the murder of her five year old child.

"She lies" in FBI profiling is an attempt to blame the victim. Not a good sign.

The tattletale neighbor girl who told her about Nevaeh riding her scooter in the street. Tattletale? Damn sorry to interrupt you from laying on the couch mom thinking about what to fix for dinner. She lies about being hungry? GMAB

Walking out of the show? WTH!

ETA: Morphing stories

Yeah...that statement about her daughter lying about being hungry.....that is the craziest thing I've heard yet. It was obvious she was lying when she said it.

The minute I heard her say 'she lies' I cringed. It was in such bad taste and thoughtless IMO Especially the way she said it. That is where you would think her common sense would kick in!
That comment really got to me. It had nothing to do with Nevaeh's murder and was totally uncalled for, imo. How can she say Nevaeh lies and then say she trusted her when she said where she was going to be at? Which is it? :mad:

*SNIP*
I'm sick of seeing children born into a situation in which they never stood a chance, due to the circumstances of their parents. Education about parenting and birth control, serious intervention including parenting coaches and systematic welfare checks for families that become involved in the system due to neglect, abuse, criminal activity, poverty or drug/alcohol abuse,and last of all, prosecution of parents who endanger their children by exposing them to predators, either knowingly or negligently, needs to become a priority in this country. I'd love it if my taxes went to those kind of things, instead of to badly run banks and auto companies. Such policies are bound to prevent at least some cases like little Neveah's.

AMEN SISTER.

Poor Nevaeh and others like her. Born into these horrid situations.

What the mother doesn't realize (but will soon) is Nancy is going to show them taking their Mic's off over and over and over and over . . . It will never end.

I am wondering if he is the real father. He said he left Jennifer before Navaeh was conceived. It was a bizarre thing to say on national TV considering everything.
I think he meant before Nevaeh was born. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali