Nancy Grace on at 8:00 p.m. EST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would love to see Nancy in a room alone with Casey just for 15 minutes.

He was hired by the defense as well as Henry Lee.

Yes, and the county footed the bill for both of them after Geragos submitted a petition to the court stating that Scott Peterson was indigent. Apparently the law says the county needs to pay the defense experts if necessary in order to "level the playing field".

You mean some other guy getting suckered in like LP and TP? Think that'll happen, the big dog will start his work, and JB will say, wait! I'm changing the deal...I want the case back?!?

Ooooohhh! Good point. Casey's ingenuous treatment of LP pretty much skyrockets the probability that no "big dog" attorney is going to pony up to work on her case. She's probably stuck with JB or a public defender now. Not saying they can't do a good job.

Do you think that JB will have a valid point if in court he says LE is contridicting themselves when they say they have Caylee's decomposed hair strand but are saying they are only "probably" are looking for a dead body? Couldn't those facts be used to raise reasonable doubt?

Not at all. :) They have that evidence so what is he gonna say? They don't play fair?

To each his own...but eWwww ;)

The question of that bail being re-instated is weird now...especially after the Geraldo segment LP did with him and Jose Baez (the latter fo which was on the phone.) Got the sense Jose doesn't think he's done with LP yet, talked about making a call to surety company. I'm not sure what Jose thinks he's gonna say that's going to change their minds, but he sure gave the impression he thought he could. Maybe that's why LP left Orlando yesterday...

IMO, LP would jump at the chance to get back into the 'inner circle.'

And he'd sing any tune Baez asked him to.... IF he was asked nicely.

You mean some other guy getting suckered in like LP and TP? Think that'll happen, the big dog will start his work, and JB will say, wait! I'm changing the deal...I want the case back?!?

Oh, the big dog won't even appear until after she's been formally charged and he'll probably let JB work as his underling.

Yes, and the county footed the bill for both of them after Geragos submitted a petition to the court stating that Scott Peterson was indigent. Apparently the law says the county needs to pay the defense experts if necessary in order to "level the playing field".

Correct. A huge legal case in the international eye can bankrupt a local government.

Did Henry Lee testify? I don't recall he did actually... I thought one of their experts was the only one that testified, and his testimony was an abysmal failure for Mark.

Neither Lee nor Wecht testified. They claimed it was because they didn't have anything to add to what had already been said. I think Dr. March was the big defense expert who begged the prosecution to cut him some slack.

Ya know, this IS Casey's attorney. Technically she chooses who gets to represent her - it's not her mother's choice if Casey doesn't want it to be.

I would imagine that the family would have a tough time getting an attorney for Casey to replace Baez who:

1) Will work for free, because none of them have any money
2) Will take case considering the circus it's been
3) Will take the case considering the 400 page data released last week
4) Will eat the brownies Casey makes/brings you...

Yellow Dog is right though -- there's always some attorney wanting to infamous. In Mark Geragos' Peterson case, it backfired and hurt his reputation. In the Bart Corbin case, his attorneys did some pretty wild things too, but when LE came up with Bart's childhood friend giving him the gun and they tied Bart to it as the murder weapon, they were smart enough to tell their client that he was SOL and he copped a guilty plea and deal at the 11th hour as jury selection for those cases he was convicted of were starting.

IMHO, LP is done. He said he would "consider" reinstating bail at a later time, but that will take about a milli-second and the answer will be no. He won't say flat out no right now, but his "consider" comment is just polite phrasing for no. He told the parents there are other bondsmen out there and maybe they should talk to them.

Think of this. To get a new bail would require posting another nonrefundable $50,320 in cash plus the assets to cover $503,200 in bail. Do you think LP is going to do that?

Ok, another line of computer questioning. As liberal (IMHO) as jails have gotten, do we have any idea whatsoever if Casey has computer access in jail? I mean, they have cable tv and such. Anyone know the status of computers in the jail?

I give up on the NGrace show after tonight. My mom and wife and I tried to watch it, but we didn't last five ‘bombshells’ before we had to turn the channel.

NGrace mocks her guests and interrupts them. She is arrogant and condescending. She displays the type of bad behavior that is just not acceptable in our family, and we can’t stand to be around it, even in front of the television. She didn’t use to act like a harpy b*i*t*c*h, and I’m sorry her producers seem to think it’s good for the show.

She’s from our southern hometown, but she don’t have no southern manners.

So, thank you for the discussion and update about the show tonight. Y’all are much nicer than NGrace.

You should watch Greta, even though she can be "soft" on her guest, most everyone respects her.

LI_Mom, I just watched A Few Good Men the other night..."Ask me NICELY" :)

I'm not so sure LP will be back. He's alreasdy admitted HIS reputation has been damaged, however Tony Padilla, who is the bondsman, could make that decision if he gets Al Estes to go along with it.

Did Henry Lee testify? I don't recall he did actually... I thought one of their experts was the only one that testified, and his testimony was an abysmal failure for Mark.

No he didn't. He and CW were hired by Geragos and did not testify. I know CW did an autopsy on Laci.

Oops forgot about that since they didn't testify I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back