Naomi Judd, of Grammy-winning duo The Judds, dies at 76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family should have a great deal of privacy and support right now.

I wish they weren't doing the tribute so soon.

This tells us to be caring and very attentive when someone exhibits depression. That it happens to very famous or very powerful or very loved people as well as those of us that don't reach those levels in life. That it's a real disease. That using superficial platitudes and cheer is not addressing the disease.

The family should have a great deal of privacy and support right now.

I wish they weren't doing the tribute so soon.

This tells us to be caring and very attentive when someone exhibits depression. That it happens to very famous or very powerful or very loved people as well as those of us that don't reach those levels in life. That it's a real disease. That using superficial platitudes and cheer is not addressing the disease.
Well stated. We as individuals, and the media are often hypercritical of celebrities. We forget they are human beings with I securities just like all of us. I hope people will treat this family kindly. Wynoma and Ashley have been open in the past about their struggles with depression as well. I hope they feel love and receive all the emotional support they need to carry on.

Sad for Wy and Ashley. Just another layer added to their pain. What turbulent relationship they have had with their mother.
I don’t believe anything the DM is saying about this. I seriously doubt anyone from the DM was privy to the details of the will. This is pure gossip on the same level as National Enquirer. JMO

I’m not sure why someone deemed it newsworthy unless Wynonna’s comment made the gossip reporters try to make something of the situation.
Most wills have the surviving spouse as the main beneficiary.
I wish healing thoughts for her family.
JMO

They both had homes on their mother’s property.

I think it is quite usual for the spouse to be the beneficiary.
Yes. Nothing at all unusual about a spouse being appointed executor and/or primary beneficiary. I haven't read or heard anything that indicates that the daughters were actually disinherited. If they were, that could be cause for concern. JMO

The reason for my post was because of the headlines I'm reading, which said that her daughters were left out of the will. I agree that there is nothing unusual about a spouse being appointed as an executor.

1659481485127.png

This is interesting and changes the perspective on what was being reported this morning.

From: Why Naomi Judd may have cut Ashley Judd and Wynonna Judd out of will

"Wentz, who advises many musicians, celebrities and high net-worth individuals on estate planning, says there may be "tax reasons why 100% of the estate was given to her husband."

"An individual is allowed to give away $12,060,000 (the federal exemption) of total assets either during their lifetime or at death. Everything else must be given to a spouse or it will cause a 40% tax on the assets above the federal exemption. It is possible that Naomi already gave away her federal exemption during her lifetime. If that was the case, then giving the assets to her spouse would have been the only way to prevent estate taxes until after his death," she explains."

Just more Media trying to cause a stir (at least to an extent!).

Reports say Naomi Judd has left her daughters Wynonna and Ashley out of her will.

Court documents say she instead appointed her husband of 33 years, Larry Strickland, as the executor of her estate, as reported by Page Six and NBC News.

It’s not clear if Wynonna and Ashley were named as beneficiaries of any assets not included in the will, according to
Page Six.

To me, the media needs to step back and stop trying to stir up interest in a very private matter. JMVHO

Nashville, Tenn. – The family of country singer Naomi Judd filed a court petition Friday to seal police reports and recordings made during the investigation into her death.

The family filed the petition in Williamson County Chancery Court, saying the records contain video and audio interviews with relatives in the immediate aftermath of Judd’s death, and releasing such details would inflict “significant trauma and irreparable harm.”

The petition was filed on behalf of her husband Larry Strickland and her daughters Ashley and Wynonna Judd. A representative provided it to The Associated Press with the family’s permission...

Nashville, Tenn. – The family of country singer Naomi Judd filed a court petition Friday to seal police reports and recordings made during the investigation into her death.

The family filed the petition in Williamson County Chancery Court, saying the records contain video and audio interviews with relatives in the immediate aftermath of Judd’s death, and releasing such details would inflict “significant trauma and irreparable harm.”

The petition was filed on behalf of her husband Larry Strickland and her daughters Ashley and Wynonna Judd. A representative provided it to The Associated Press with the family’s permission...
Good. It is the family’s private business. Why does the public need to know these things?

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back