Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I finally please use the lame pun I've been trying not to post since this broke? I hope they all go to Yale.

Sorry. I'll see myself out. :rolleyes::p
LOL!!!

My husband is a serious punster and I know how you punsters hoard your creations for just the right moment. I can see it in his eye when I'm talking to him - he's not listening but waiting for me to stop talking so he can lay down the pun.

Well played, JE. :)

Will she go to Federal Prison? So many are almost like country clubs

We will know when the others get sentenced.

They may be pretty cushy, but they are still Federal Prisons and the convicted become felons and lose some rights.

An actor might also engender higher insurance rates for any projects so that they might also lose out on prospective roles.

I don’t think the Gianulli’s planted this article:

Lori Loughlin's DAUGHTER under criminal investigation in college admissions scandal | Daily Mail Online

“It’s very clear some of the students are going to be charged”

Nice work, Lori. It’s FRAUD if you’re 54 or 19.

Fraud can also be a felony, which will stick with your kid for the rest of her life.

I think a lot of these children should be charged. I think I mentioned that several pages ago. Someone said maybe it's because the parents heavily influenced the children and that no matter what the children weren't in a position to say no to their parents.
I don't think that's a good enough defense. It's somewhat similar to the DC sniper case. That kid was influenced by that pseudo-parent John Allen Muhammad. Didn't matter at all. Influenced by a parent or not, he will spend the rest of his life in prison.
A lot of these children should get charged and do time, IMO.

I think a lot of these children should be charged. I think I mentioned that several pages ago. Someone said maybe it's because the parents heavily influenced the children and that no matter what the children weren't in a position to say no to their parents.
I don't think that's a good enough defense. It's somewhat similar to the DC sniper case. That kid was influenced by that pseudo-parent John Allen Muhammad. Didn't matter at all. Influenced by a parent or not, he will spend the rest of his life in prison.
A lot of these children should get charged and do time, IMO.

I think they should be charged with some crime of falsifying records / fraud. They did commit an illegal act of fraud.

I saw this earlier, but doesn’t the real conspiracy involve those who orchestrated and took bribes and the parents who paid the bribes and gave fraudulent information? They don’t have to collude with the other parents for a conspiracy do they?

Thank you!! I was just coming here to say that.

This response is the height of sophistry. I can only assume that there must be some sort of foolish precedent that someone idiotically set in the past that the lawyers are praying would work as a technicality; because otherwise it sounds like some nitwit simply coming in and hoping the world at large is too stupid to understand the definition of "conspiring".

This is a good article and I don't think I've seen it posted yet. It's a breakdown of which kids may have known.

What Every Kid in the College Admissions Scandal Knew About the Scam

An excerpt from the article:

"THE HENRIQUEZES
Elizabeth and Manuel Henriquez — Manuel is the founder and CEO of a Silicon Valley hedge fund in Palo Alto — paid four separate times to manipulate exams for their two daughters.
In one instance, CW-2 sat next to the older daughter and gave her the answers while she took the test. CW-2 said that after the test, he “gloated” with the mother and daughter about how they’d cheated and gotten away with it.

The younger daughter flew from California — the family lives in Atherton, California — to Houston to take the ACT in 2016 with a proctor who “discussed answers during the exam” with her and another student.
The students were instructed to answer different questions incorrectly to avoid raising suspicion. The younger daughter later flew to Los Angeles to take the SAT subject tests at the the West Hollywood Test Center, a facility where CW-1 had a relationship with one of the test administrators, Igor Dvorskiy. (Dvorskiy, director of the West Hollywood College Preparatory School, has been indicted for accepting bribes to facilitate the scheme.) A proctor provided answers during the test. The family also bribed Gordie Ernst, the head tennis coach at Georgetown, to “recruit” their older daughter. The daughter was cc’d on emails discussing the plans."

So if this was her obsession - why did she allow her children to perform so poorly in academics at their elite high school?

Why was she not supervising their scholastics and getting them tutors, or summer school, or REAL extracurricular projects from which to enrich their educational experience.

Why was she not monitoring their performance, making their educational success a priority over their visibility on social media and in social occasion photos?

Why was she not paying attention to her children as individuals, not the fulfillment of her wishes?

Because she’s a FAKE. A rich fake who wants the veneer of effort because she thinks she can buy it.

She’s a fake, and a failure as a parent.

Fraud charges and money laundering charges aren’t fake.

Wake up and smell the prison canteen coffee, Lori.
All of this - yes!! Now THAT could have been "parenting on steroids" - being a helicopter parent pushing tutors, private schools, REAL extracurricular activities to showcase a well rounded student... but as a legal defense - parenting on steroids? No. It's called fraud. There was an intent to deceive. This is way more than just good parenting that got carried away. Not okay.

This is a good article and I don't think I've seen it posted yet. It's a breakdown of which kids may have known.

What Every Kid in the College Admissions Scandal Knew About the Scam

An excerpt from the article:

"THE HENRIQUEZES
Elizabeth and Manuel Henriquez — Manuel is the founder and CEO of a Silicon Valley hedge fund in Palo Alto — paid four separate times to manipulate exams for their two daughters.
In one instance, CW-2 sat next to the older daughter and gave her the answers while she took the test. CW-2 said that after the test, he “gloated” with the mother and daughter about how they’d cheated and gotten away with it.

The younger daughter flew from California — the family lives in Atherton, California — to Houston to take the ACT in 2016 with a proctor who “discussed answers during the exam” with her and another student.
The students were instructed to answer different questions incorrectly to avoid raising suspicion. The younger daughter later flew to Los Angeles to take the SAT subject tests at the the West Hollywood Test Center, a facility where CW-1 had a relationship with one of the test administrators, Igor Dvorskiy. (Dvorskiy, director of the West Hollywood College Preparatory School, has been indicted for accepting bribes to facilitate the scheme.) A proctor provided answers during the test. The family also bribed Gordie Ernst, the head tennis coach at Georgetown, to “recruit” their older daughter. The daughter was cc’d on emails discussing the plans."

Thank u btfly.....I read your excerpt and the first paragraph of the article. It looks like a must read. Off to find out just who knew what and when. Back in a bit....

Gianulli used his 'college tuition money' from HIS father to start up his fashion business.

He's been cheating for decades, faked report cards for his father and misused the money to start his own business.

He also got into USC as an unmatriculated student, using a 'visitor' designation to attend classes.

Source: CNN

Snipped and BBM.

That is exactly what is so galling with this case. The parents lie and then get mad when their lies are questioned. And, being rich, they often get away with that behavior.

When questioned, blame the other guy for misdeeds. That's how immature bullies act. Too bad it's usually effective.

jmo

But don’t tell me these 18-yr olds did not know what was going on...they knew whether they were college-level athletes or not...not to mention, college-level brains...
18-year olds and younger are charged with crimes every day.

Gianulli used his 'college tuition money' from HIS father to start up his fashion business.

He's been cheating for decades, faked report cards for his father and misused the money to start his own business.

He also got into USC as an unmatriculated student, using a 'visitor' designation to attend classes.

Source: CNN
Hey JDG! Reveals a lot about his character doesn’t it ? Sadly I now have doubt that LL’s character is very much better. Such a let down to me because I’ve always liked the Garage Sale Mysteries movie series.
Now thinking about how she really screwed all of her co stars over. Actually they are what really makes those movies.
Oh, and my apologies for the somewhat crude language but I can’t think of an apt substitute, anything else would just be worse.

Hey JDG! Reveals a lot about his character doesn’t it ? Sadly I now have doubt that LL’s character is very much better. Such a let down to me because I’ve always liked the Garage Sale Mysteries movie series.
Now thinking about how she really screwed all of her co stars over. Actually they are what really makes those movies.
Oh, and my apologies for the somewhat crude language but I can’t think of an apt substitute, anything else would just be worse.

Interesting:

He cheated his parents out of funds and faked grades to get out

She cheated her children with funds and faked resumes to get in

They’re really both in the cabal of false presentation. Underneath, neither seems very trustworthy at all.

Last edited:
Morally bankrupt people, the lot of them.

Neesaki, you are forgiven for your language, not crude at all. We need to speak the truth, however it comes out.

Whatever happened to 'cheaters never prosper!'????

I wonder if the college students would be expected to testify against their parents? At least the ones who took a plea are spared that situation. I don't see how the family can really recover and be a real family after this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper