GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli List $28 Million House

Of course, they just want to move. They don't need the money at all.
Lori can't work, no one will hire her, she has to do something why not remodel another house right? It's 8 months until a possible October trial. You know, take her mind off things.
And ditch the mansion before possibly going to prison.

I wonder if the prosecution is surprised at so many not guilty pleas? Seems odd trying them in groups - what does that even mean?

I'm not understanding the ridicule of selling the house. I"m NOT a supporter of Lori & family in the slightest, but selling a valuable asset is an honest and legit way to get money when you need it.

Is it just laughing at their downfall or am I missing something in the story?

jmo

I'm not understanding the ridicule of selling the house. I"m NOT a supporter of Lori & family in the slightest, but selling a valuable asset is an honest and legit way to get money when you need it.

Is it just laughing at their downfall or am I missing something in the story?

jmo

The ridicule, is the fact that they have "face saving" that they just want to sell it for another project. Not buying the spin on that.

A house that size, costs significantly more than just a payment. I am sure that they have plenty of cash, but maybe they have been spending it freely too. Maybe, now, the income is less than the outgoing amount.

Lori Loughlin claims evidence was withheld in admissions scandal trial

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/31/lori...nce-was-withheld-in-admissions-scandal-trial/

The celebrity couple has claimed they believed the money they sent to the scam’s mastermind, college adviser William “Rick” Singer, actually “would go to USC itself—for legitimate, university-approved purposes—or to other legitimate charitable causes,” the papers say.

The pair said that even though federal prosecutors claimed on Jan. 14 that they weren’t withholding “exculpatory” evidence, they nonetheless revealed on Tuesday that Singer had told the FBI that “families that do the side door … typically do not know that (crooked former USC official Donna) Heinel is involved until the time of the first payment.”

Okay, but they did this with not one but TWO daughters - they don't get to feign ignorance.

The ridicule, is the fact that they have "face saving" that they just want to sell it for another project. Not buying the spin on that.

A house that size, costs significantly more than just a payment. I am sure that they have plenty of cash, but maybe they have been spending it freely too. Maybe, now, the income is less than the outgoing amount.
Aha. I see. Thanks for the insight.

jmo

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/31/lori...nce-was-withheld-in-admissions-scandal-trial/

The celebrity couple has claimed they believed the money they sent to the scam’s mastermind, college adviser William “Rick” Singer, actually “would go to USC itself—for legitimate, university-approved purposes—or to other legitimate charitable causes,” the papers say.

The pair said that even though federal prosecutors claimed on Jan. 14 that they weren’t withholding “exculpatory” evidence, they nonetheless revealed on Tuesday that Singer had told the FBI that “families that do the side door … typically do not know that (crooked former USC official Donna) Heinel is involved until the time of the first payment.”

Okay, but they did this with not one but TWO daughters - they don't get to feign ignorance.

Sorry Lori you entitled _______: you can try and throw crap at the wall, but it won't stick and it ain't gonna fly---- You, your husband and your progeny make me puke- you think the prosecutor hasn't seen this kind of stuff before with guilty as hell defendants?

Cooking with ramen: Prisoners get creative

Lori might want to check out this cookbook.

Here’s What You Didn’t Know About Prison Food

7. Commissary is everything - Top Ramen is everything and more!
a4s_LIVINGLARGE0101_254009a_8col.jpg

BBZGMaI.img

Their legal team plans to "play the ignorance card" in the upcoming trial,
a source exclusively reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly, and use the narrative that they didn’t know what they were doing was a crime.

“Their attorneys think it’s going to look as if they didn’t know it was a bribe,” adds the source.

Lori Loughlin's Attorneys Have a New Tactic in College Admissions Trial: Source

Last edited:
Gordon Caplan, a former co-chairman of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, can’t represent clients before the SEC following his involvement in last year’s college admissions scandal.

The Securities and Exchange Commission suspended Caplan from practicing or appearing before it, according to an agency order issued Wednesday. A New York appeals court suspended Caplan’s law license in November after he pleaded guilty to conspiracy as part of the bribery scandal.

Ex-Willkie Co-Chair Can’t Practice Before SEC After College Scam

Calling them “far and away the most culpable” of the parents who have admitted their guilt in the college admissions scandal, federal prosecutors recommended that a judge sentence four parents to prison terms ranging from 18 to 26 months, heavier penalties than any handed down in the case so far.

The four parents — Douglas Hodge, the former chief executive of Pimco; Michelle Janavs, heiress to a frozen foods fortune; Manuel Henriquez, a Bay Area venture capitalist, and his wife, Elizabeth — will be sentenced in federal court in Boston in the next two months.

Beneath the threat of new charges, the four admitted late last year that they rigged their children’s college entrance exams, misrepresented them as top-notch athletes and, in the process, conspired with Singer to commit fraud and money laundering.

Despite positions of wealth and influence that conferred on them and their children “extreme, almost unfathomable privilege,” prosecutors wrote in a memo, the four conspired with Singer 14 times over 11 years, to the benefit of nine children and at a cost of $1.6 million, collectively.

Prosecutors Seek Longest Sentences Yet for 4 CA Parents ‘Most Culpable’ in College Admissions Scam

College Admissions Scandal: Varsity Blues will shed even more light on the cheating and bribery scandal. The REELZ documentary exposes how desperate, well-to-do parents are drawn into illegal schemes involving prestigious universities, crooked athletic coaches and shady college counselors to game the system for their kids. It also answers the question of whether the recent cases (known as Operation Varsity Blues), which brought charges against 50 people in six states, are just the tip of the iceberg, and whether the college admissions system has always been rigged.

College Admissions Scandal: Varsity Blues airs on Saturday, February 8 at 8 p.m. ET on REELZ

'Varsity Blues' Doc Sheds New Light on Shocking College Admissions Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member