Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Singer protected 6 clients by obstructing justice.... wonder who he protected, must have been BIG $$$$ or powerful people?

How authorities found out about the alleged college cheating scam - CNN

Singer admitted during his hearing that he told the father of one prospective candidate that he was wearing a wire and that they shouldn't say anything illegal.
"You haven't done anything wrong yet so please don't say anything that would be harmful to you guys because you haven't done anything, which was absolutely illegal," Singer said. Prosecutors said in court that Singer had warned several clients that if they received a call from him, it would most likely be recorded.
Singer had obstructed justice with at least six families who had either taken part in the scam or were planning to do it, prosecutors said.

Are there private colleges in and around L.A. that are known as being good fits for the academically marginal but highly privileged set?

When I used to be more in the loop there were certainly schools with reputations like that. They had the social cachet but not the academic.

Times have changed. That need was likely filled by a nicer Junior College? Even the Swiss boarding school that Diana, Princess of Wales attended has closed. Possibly a women's college? Caroline Kennedy graduated from Radcliff, before Harvard became co-ed.

Long ago in a galaxy faaaaar away I graduated from Stephens College. Founded as Columbia Female Seminary in 1833, Stephens survives as the 2nd oldest women's college in the US. (Pine Manor admitted men in 2014.)

Plenty of folks left to get married, or go to Europe, or something.

While I was there, a classmate's family paid her tuition by donating a Picasso. No idea if this impacted her admission. She was polite & well-spoken, but hey uhm we paid the bursar's office every month....

Only a fool would hire / bribe someone to just "get them into" a college. There must have been some sort of tutoring involved as well (I would think). Why would someone pay all this money to get their kid in and they just flunk out from not being able to do the work thereafter?

JMO

The Walmart heir had her roommate doing her work so I imagine there has to be a further plan.

I imagine that these kids are not stupid so perhaps their parents think they will apply themselves once they see college is fun and they want to keep the fun by not flunking out

Last edited:
Only a fool would hire / bribe someone to just "get them into" a college. There must have been some sort of tutoring involved as well (I would think). Why would someone pay all this money to get their kid in and they just flunk out from not being able to do the work thereafter?

JMO

As one of the recent articles on the topic pointed out (sorry cannot remember which), it's also good to keep in mind that these kids are not cheating their way into med school, and chose "softer" disciplines. I'm plenty smart and liberal arts was hard enough for me, I grant you; but I agree there's probably something to be said for the fact that they didn't have to prove their mastery as future research scientists.

From old articles:

The TV star and her husband, who you may recognize for his Mossimo line at Target, have two children together, daughters Olivia, 19, and Isabella, 20. Both have bourgeoning social media presences, but Loughlin is adamant that they graduate before following in her footsteps.

“[Isabella] just finished her first year of college and she really enjoys it and I think she’ll get her degree. And I just said to her, ‘Look, have some back up plan. Get a degree and something else,’” she told Salon in August.

But regardless of if they pursue Hollywood or not, Loughlin’s biggest hope for her teens is simple. “I just wish for them always to be happy and healthy,” she said.

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli - Lori Loughlin's Husband and Kids

Lori Loughlin talks "Full House" fandom, Hallmark mysteries and more

Wow. She's full of it.

I think promoting their kids to associate with billionaires and their children is the essence of what the parents were after. Otherwise, they would have let them attend the school of their choice and not have to commit federal felony crimes to do so.

Lori seems like such a hypocrite now.

As one of the recent articles on the topic pointed out (sorry cannot remember which), it's also good to keep in mind that these kids are not cheating their way into med school, and chose "softer" disciplines. I'm plenty smart and liberal arts was hard enough for me, I grant you; but I agree there's probably something to be said for the fact that they didn't have to prove their mastery as future research scientists.

Liberal Arts is hard for getting great grades, but if you cherry pick the right major and courses it’s pretty hard to fail.

I think those of us that know some sort of famous people are astounded by things written about them.

I know of a fairly famous very rich artist who goes to foreign countries to have sex with teenagers. He gets away with it because he spends a ton of money.

He is lauded in the US as an environementalist.

A woman I know has written a book and was brought all over the world by the sponsor corporation. She is lauded as an environemental warrior and a terrific person. We who live here know the truth.

I have learned that the fake glowing reports are highly suspect.

Different than what we heard yesterday

'Full House' actress Lori Loughlin's kids remain enrolled in USC amid college bribe scandal

The two daughters of “Full House” star Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo Giannulli remain enrolled at the University of Southern California as their parents face criminal charges of participating in a bribery scheme to get their daughters into the school.

Former NFL star Joe Montana and golfer Phil Mickelson said they dealt with the admitted mastermind of the college admissions fraud scheme, William “Rick” Singer, but also said there was no fraud involved in his work for them.

'Full House' actress Lori Loughlin's kids remain enrolled in USC amid college bribe scandal

The two daughters of “Full House” star Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband Mossimo Giannulli remain enrolled at the University of Southern California as their parents face criminal charges of participating in a bribery scheme to get their daughters into the school.

Former NFL star Joe Montana and golfer Phil Mickelson said they dealt with the admitted mastermind of the college admissions fraud scheme, William “Rick” Singer, but also said there was no fraud involved in his work for them.

Jmo to them, “quitting” is just never going to class, instead of almost never.

What a load of BS from Rita Wilson. LOL, celebs are so FOS.

"And it's also insulting to the colleges that're not considered 'elite,' as if they're somehow different or you're getting a different education -- it doesn't matter! It's all about hard work!" she continued. Busy agreed wholeheartedly, as did the audience, which erupted in cheers.

Rita Wilson Fumes Over 'Unethical and Disturbing' College Bribery Scam Involving Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman

What about her quotation is BS? I'm not seeing it.

I would hope the kids attorney is negotiating a deal to withdraw, quitting never looks good. This is ugly on the school and parents.
  • The kids clearly were not interested, the parents would not take no for an answer.
  • The school is responsible for the coaches/personnel that took the bribes, they had NO check and balance. Admission office looked the other way. USC clearly had many involved. hummm...
  • USC had alot to gain private tuition, a famous vlogger that was showcasing the glamorous life at USC, daily! OMG, The president of BOT host her for spring break.
Do ya really think USC didn't know, come on...

JMO

Oh I doubt there was any tutoring after. Loughlin, for example, simply wanted her kids to have the collegr experience even though her kids herself weren't interested.

These are exceedingly wealthy people. Their kids had incredible private school educations. They had access to excellent tutors. All the money in the world for extracurricular activities like crew, diving, horseback riding, etc. Cost of which many families cannot afford but which look great on admissions applications.

And they could spend tens of thousands on expensive test prep.

And STILL with all that, they had to resort to criminal acvitity to get their kids into what's not close to even an Ivy League school.

The fact is, the kids weren't cut out for USC or any college. None of them. Because if after all that avvantage they still had to resort to criminal activity, these kids probably just aren't college material.

In the case of at least one -Olivia Jade- she was rarely there.

I believe they hired people to do the work for them. And they were probably fed answers for tests.

I mean Olivia Jade was on the 100 million dollar yacht of billionaire Rick Caruso, the elected chair of the USC Board of Trustees, when he scandal broke. She was partying with his daughter in the Bahamas for spring break when the scandal broke.

Olivia Jade & Her Friends Had To Literally Turn Their Yacht Around To Deal With The Cheating Scandal

The corruption involved in this is deep. None of these kids get through without more cheating I believe.

Are there private colleges in and around L.A. that are known as being good fits for the academically marginal but highly privileged set?

When I used to be more in the loop there were certainly schools with reputations like that. They had the social cachet but not the academic.

USC is well known out here are the University of Spoiled Children. They want to go there and be with their own kind. UCLA alumni and students are extremely disdainful of USC.

I never understood this very much. I do now.

JMO
No, there was no tutoring involved. The money went to hire people to change answers on SAT/ACTs and to coaches on campuses to push the application through (even though the kids didn't even play the sport).

This complaint document lays it out, family by family: Nationwide College Cheating Scam Complaint | University And College Admission | Test (Assessment)

jmo

I would hope the kids attorney is negotiating a deal to withdraw, quitting never looks good. This is ugly on the school and parents.
  • The kids clearly were not interested, the parents would not take no for an answer.
  • The school is responsible for the coaches/personnel that took the bribes, they had NO check and balance. Admission office looked the other way. USC clearly had many involved. hummm...
  • USC had alot to gain private tuition, a famous vlogger that was showcasing the glamorous life at USC, daily! OMG, The president of BOT host her for spring break.
Do ya really think USC didn't know, come on...

If USC was in in it, they would just exercise their discretion as a private school and admit her.

It’s not surprising that she hangs out with Caruso’s daughter. These types of people will find each other in short order when they are at the same school. It’s completely possible that Caruso himself never met the Loughlin daughter.

From old articles:

The TV star and her husband, who you may recognize for his Mossimo line at Target, have two children together, daughters Olivia, 19, and Isabella, 20. Both have bourgeoning social media presences, but Loughlin is adamant that they graduate before following in her footsteps.

“[Isabella] just finished her first year of college and she really enjoys it and I think she’ll get her degree. And I just said to her, ‘Look, have some back up plan. Get a degree and something else,’” she told Salon in August.

But regardless of if they pursue Hollywood or not, Loughlin’s biggest hope for her teens is simple. “I just wish for them always to be happy and healthy,” she said.

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli - Lori Loughlin's Husband and Kids

Lori Loughlin talks "Full House" fandom, Hallmark mysteries and more

So she commits a crime to make her crummy kids happy?

Now look what she's done to them. She's tainted their lives with the criminality of their parents. Both have been charged. Of course being billionaires they will get off scott free but her kids will always walk with that taint.

And she's exposed her kids as:

1. Mediocre and average and unable to get into college despite every academic advantage known to man since birth starting with the best prenatal nutrition and health care (which makes a difference to a developing mind). The best, stress free life from birth and from preschool on, money poured endlessly into their education.

Compared with what all the countless kids who don't have close to that butwho work so hard in school and study for tests with their parents or friends and simply persevere, fill out their own applications and get in, these kids from these families are losers. I'm sorry. And now everyone knows it. Way to make your kids happy!

2. They've also shone the spotlight on how vapid, entitled, ungrateful, superficial, spoiled and completely out of touch with the real world these creepy kids are.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted these yet. Olivia Jade for one has talked several times about how little she cares about education.

Start around 4:58. She's so gross:

Here's her barely sorry sorry video:

So spoiled. So narcissistic. All the rest of her videos are all about her and her partying and make up. Just gross. She makes money simply from being beautiful and rich. Trying on clothes (her "hauls"), applying makeup and just showing off how filthy rich she is.

And people love it. A million followers. Gross.

I wonder if they dropped out in that they never intend to go back, but didn't bother withdrawing properly (you know, the paperwork that the little people fill out). jmo

I had to go through community college first (which I loved) before transferring. I couldn't afford it otherwise.

I loved school. It was hard but I loved getting an education. Learning. Really looked up to my professors who were mostly so brilliant and even entertaining.

I remember a couple creepy girls somewhat like Olivia Jade mocking my earnestness. Laughing at me as if I was some teacher's pet kiss azz because I sat in the front and hung on every word of our professor who was brilliant and had so many interesting things to say. It felt like high school.

They sat languidly in the middle of class (because they had to be seen), and gossiped and twittered during class.

I worked during college. No spring break trips. Oh I partied with my friends when I could but college was serious and satisfying.

So all of this is astounding to me and disgusting. These people are disgusting.

"it's so hard to try in school when you don't care about anything you're learning"
Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member