GUILTY NC - 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, 24, Fayetteville, 10 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Screen cap from court appearance video this morning with his attorney
2ilmsly.jpg

You should do a screen cap of how DW and his wife Dolly looked after the Bray Brawl back in October, LOL.

My husband is currently enlisted in the Army Reserves and has served in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm not sure if it's standard operating procedure or just a precautionary measure put in place by his command battalion, but I routinely get calls from a military victim's assistance center. They question his behaviors at home pertaining to both abuse and just plain odd behavior. They've also given me many different phone numbers to contact in case of emergency. We've never had a problem, but it's comforting to me to know that there is someone out there I could talk to if ever we did. If this isn't a standard practice throughout our military, it certainly should be. As we've witnessed, many of these women need someone who will be "on their side".

wow! Im a military wife and never have had a call like that! :eek:

Oh, man! :waitasec:

OMG!:mad: Im talking about the lawyer and his wife! wonder why they picked him? yikes. I noticed that John has his own lawyer while Kyle was appointed a public defender! I bet ole Kyle is gonna role big time. JMO

OMG!:mad: Im talking about the lawyer and his wife! wonder why they picked him? yikes. I noticed that John has his own lawyer while Kyle was appointed a public defender! I bet ole Kyle is gonna role big time. JMO

He probably already has...Alden basically told all from what I got from the presser yesterday. And if he hasn't, he's a fool, IMO.

I bet Alden is going to cut a deal in exchange for his testimony.

Fran- Thank you for your kind words. It really means a lot to both of us!

luckyme- I had a feeling that it wasn't standard procedure, but wasn't entirely positive. I knew that the other wives in his unit had gotten the calls, but since hes a reservist we're not living on a base for me to communicate with people outside of his unit, really. It's a policy that should be enforced throughout the military, IMO.
--------------------------

I'm very happy to see that nasty little smirk wiped off of Wimunc's face...here's hoping that this is just the beginning of his realization that he's not the tough guy in charge of all like he thought.

So, if Alden were to get the maximum sentence on all counts he could be facing around 50 years...are people convicted of conspiracy to commit murder eligible for parole?
I believe that Wimunc is going away for good regardless, there is no way a jury is going to let him walk (even though he probably still believes that they will). I really hope that the same can be said of his good buddy Alden- this is not a man who deserves a chance to walk freely again!

Court appearances are over for Wimunc and Alden. Wimunc is facing LWOP or the DP for the murder charge. Alden and Wimunc are facing 19 yrs. 1 month on the arson charge, 8 years 2 months on the conspiracy charge. Alden is facing 21 years 9 months on the accessory charge.

I am curious to know if Wimunc thinks possibly facing the DP was worth killing Holley?

Most of the domestics, they aren't thinking. They are in a rage and will endanger themselves as well as bystanders in order to get at the spouse/partner. Sometimes, most of the time they believe that the spouse/partner deserves it for "making" them go into the rage. Whether it is because the partner/spouse was unfaithful, or leaving or whatever the guy thought they did that made him start raging. They aren't thinking about getting caught, what juries will think or penalties until afterwards. LOL, when he started thinking about it later he ended up going back to the scene.

I want to know who the victim is in Alden's misdemeanor assault charge! Can anyone find any info on that? TIA

I want to know who the victim is in Alden's misdemeanor assault charge! Can anyone find any info on that? TIA

Dawn Alden is the victim. Apparently Alden was married... "Alden, who joined the Marines in May 2006 and was deployed to Iraq from April to November 2007, also was charged in April with assault on a female after Dawn Alden told authorities he hit her and twisted her arm." http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3209204/

So Alden assaults his wife in April and Wimunc threatens Holley in May and kills her in July. Wonder if the two made a pact of "I'll help you kill your wife, if you help me kill mine"? (total speculation on my part)

As it was stated up thread, birds of a feather...

Dawn Alden is the victim. Apparently Alden was married... "Alden, who joined the Marines in May 2006 and was deployed to Iraq from April to November 2007, also was charged in April with assault on a female after Dawn Alden told authorities he hit her and twisted her arm." http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3209204/

So Alden assaults his wife in April and Wimunc threatens Holley in May and kills her in July. Wonder if the two made a pact of "I'll help you kill your wife, if you help me kill mine"? (total speculation on my part)

As it was stated up thread, birds of a feather...

:eek:....... TY, Sandybeaches! Figures.

More information on Kyle Alden and his April arrest for assaulting his wife Dawn.

In April, an investigative sergeant with the Onslow County Sheriff's Department was dispatched to the Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital because Alden's wife, Dawn Alden, 44, said her husband had assaulted her.

"I spoke to the victim who stated her husband does this all the time," Sgt. Shannon Albright wrote in his April 12 report. "He will grab her, push her but he never hits her."

Albright reported that the Aldens argued over a cell phone and that Kyle Alden wanted Dawn Alden to get in his truck. When she refused, Albright reported, "the suspect picked her up and threw her into the back of the truck."

Dawn Alden told Albright that she got away from her husband and got into her car, and Kyle Alden chased her in his truck.

Dawn Alden had no physical injuries at the time, according to the report.

Albright stated in his report that he advised Dawn Alden she could file a warrant for her husband's arrest at the magistrates office. Dawn Alden later left the hospital without being discharged, according to the report.

Dawn Alden filed a complaint with a magistrate, and Kyle Alden was arrested April 13 on a charge of misdemeanor assault on a female.

Kyle Alden is accused of "punching, pulling and twisting (Dawn Alden's) arm," according to the warrant.

A message left for Dawn Alden at her home was not returned by press time.

(emphasis mine)

http://www.jdnews.com/news/alden_58178___article.html/wimunc_dawn.html

Apparently this is Kyle's myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=106376708

And this may be Dawn Alden's: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=170268583

I forgot to put this tidbit of information in too....the area where Holley's body was found is less than a mile from Kyle Alden's residence!

From my link above: The wooded area - down a dirt road less than a mile from Alden's house on Eagle's Nest Drive...

So the area was familiar to Alden.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back